TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Open Season For family members

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by johnf0614, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM.

1. johnf0614

johnf0614 TUG Member

i believe it's not "allowed" but are we able to book an open season reservation for family members?

2. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    Nope. Open Season reservations can only be made in the owner's name, and when checking in they will need to show an ID. Unless your relative's name is the same as yours, it will simply not work.

Kurt

3. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Workaround: Have your relative do a legal name change to yours.
    He can impersonate you and you can blame it all on your evil twin.
    Remember: "Larry, Darryl, and my other brother Darryl." -- Newhart

PigsDad likes this.
  4. Tamaradarann

Tamaradarann TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

As you know if you book a club reservation using points for family members not on the deed you need to pay extra for a guest. However, if you are traveling to the same location as those family members or live near by you can check in for them while staying in another accommodation without paying extra for the guest. I have done it.

I believe you can do the same thing with "Open Season Reservations" if you are traveling to the same location as those family members or live near by.

5. Kokolea

Kokolea Guest

The rule has the following description.

I interpreted this rule as follows.
    - The open season reservation must be checked-in by the owner.
    - The owner must stay on open season reservation.
    - The open season reservation cannot stay by only non-owners.
    - Only Non-owners can stay only when the guest confirmation has been issued.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM
  6. Tamaradarann

I knew about the rule that all reservations must be checked-in by the owner. I didn't know about the part that the owner MUST BE AN OCCUPANT DURING THE RESERVATION STAY. We have recently stayed at both an HGVC and another RCI Resort with 2 reservations. My husband and I stayed in one of the reservations and family members stayed in the other. We checked in for both reservations. There was no issue made by either resort. If there was an issue we could have just said that my husband was going to stay in one reservation and I would be staying in the other.

7. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    They don't take names at the unit's door to make sure the owner is staying there.
    Hence, it's possible for the owner to check-in for a guest and no questions will be asked
    ... Unless they let the cat out of the bag and blab that the owner will not staying there.

8. Tamaradarann

That is certainly true. However, in our case the resort's people knew that we had 2 rooms, didn't have guest certificates, and couldn't be staying in both of them. In the HGVC resort the staff knows us and we actually discussed with them that our son's room would be on the opposite side of the building with a different view than ours.