• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake just acquired SilverLeaf Resorts

johndeb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Club Wyndham - Inn Season Vacation Club - Bluegreen - Breakers Resort (Cape Cod) - Edgewater Beach Resort (Cape Cod)
Silverleaf bought by Orange Lake

I have owned both Silverleaf and Orange Lake (Holiday Inn Club) for several years. Based upon my past experience owning at Summer Bay in Las Vegas (which Orange Lake acquired a few years ago) I would anticipate Orange Lake to offer a conversion deal to entice Silverleaf owners to convert their week(s).
Orange Lake would not have purchased Silverleaf to operate separately. My guess is that Orange Lake will develop a plan to transition each Silverleaf Resort location into the Holiday Inn Club family. Orange Lake - Holiday Inn Club is expanding rapidly and they clearly want to offer their Holiday Inn Club members more resort location options.

Rehdaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that Orange Lake will develop a plan to transition each Silverleaf Resort location into the Holiday Inn Club family.

Here's hoping. I would love to see all Silverleaf resorts added to the HICV reservation system.

Beeker007

Reaction score
Recent Silverleaf Owner Update Meeting Regarding Orange Lake Acquisition

I've followed topics on TUG occasionally, but this is my first post. My wife and I attended an "owner's update" meeting at Silverleaf's Fox River resort two weeks ago (we own a "regular" and "Presidential" week with Silverleaf) and can provide the following feedback regarding their acquisition by Orange Lake - they have absolutely no idea as to what's going on :)

The sales person and his manager were extremely nice and two of the only mostly non-BS people we've run into in our 9 years of owning at Silverleaf (we have had a good experience overall with Silverleaf). They told us that there was an employee meeting after the announcement was made and that they were told nothing would be changing for the time-being. The general vibe that I got was that they were both happy that Silverleaf was no longer be owned by Cerebus and that a reputable operator like Orange Lake had taken over (know very little about them myself). As a Silverleaf owner, I know I was glad to see the move and given my experience in the corporate world, I would concur with johndeb that there will eventually (within 12 months IMO) be an announcement of details regarding an effort to roll the ownership groups together (voluntary or not) as operating separately obviously doesn't make any sense. Funny thing is that I was thinking about selling one of my weeks and now I'm on the fence since HIVC does have resorts in places I'd be interesting in going...:shrug:

Anyone have any detail on features/MFs for HIVC? Thanks.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Beeker!

Doesn't sound like a typical Silverleaf owner's update. Usually sales people have no problem sharing as "fact" things that they don't know (and that often aren't true). Good to hear some honesty (that they don't know). I doubt even upper management knows what they're going to do yet. But I concur with your expectation that they'll begin the process of rolling them together once they get a handle on the logistics and legalities.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
It is gonna take awhile, but I was told that we will merge into one big happy family. I'd hang in there on the sale of silverleaf property. Just to see what kind of offer to join the HIVC family.

The mission statement from HIVC states

Our Resort Networks
We are experiencing tremendous network and member growth. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations and Silverleaf Resorts brands offer exciting options for today's travelers.

We will continue to expand into premier vacation destinations and key regional locations across the United States. And with it, we will deliver the strongest vacation ownership products in the industry.

How can one not get excited about this !

January 2016 A newly refurbished HIVC Scottsdale Az location has just been added to TUG (thank you TUG)

Last edited:

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Silverleaf does Points for Deposit (PFD)? I've read before that they don't support it.

If you could deposit weeks and get HICV points prior to integration (through HICV version of PFD), seems like it might be a win-win for people looking to expand their HICV points.

-Scott

andex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overall I'm not that excited about Silverleaf's locations and the quality doesn't compare in my opinion.
If a merger was to happen we could be competing with another 120,000 Silverleaf owners for HIVC prime locations! For this reason I hope they keep them separate!

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
johndeb: Have you ever tried a Silverleaf Points for Deposit (PFD)? Wondering if this is still prohibited - I chatted with RCI about it but they didn't know :)

It would be nice if RCI would make a list of PFD resorts so people wouldn't have to guess.

-Scott

Beeker007

Reaction score
Re: Points for Deposit

skotrla - I've been with Silverleaf for 9 years and have never seen anything to do with points with them. I have a membership with RCI and I log in with the "weeks" setting vs "points" and everything trades off of the trading power of your "week".

Beeker007

Reaction score
Silverleaf Quality

Overall I'm not that excited about Silverleaf's locations and the quality doesn't compare in my opinion.
If a merger was to happen we could be competing with another 120,000 Silverleaf owners for HIVC prime locations! For this reason I hope they keep them separate!

Andex - although I haven't been to any HIVC resorts, regarding the quality, I would agree with your assessment in general based on the pictures of the HIVC locations. Silverleaf is a bit of a Jekyl and Hyde in terms of their resorts - the "destination" resorts (Seaside, Hill Country, Orlando Breeze, etc) tend to be pretty nice (probably still not up to HIVC standards unless you have a Presidential or above unit) and I've really never had a complaint about any of those. The "getaway" resorts (Villages, Piney Shores, etc) tend to be much more rustic (some people like that) and the quality suffers IMO - when using our "bonus time" we've been in a couple of units over the years that I wouldn't have paid to stay in. That said, I have to believe Orange Lake bought Silverleaf because of Silverleaf's huge presence in Texas (used to live there). Silverleaf has that market pretty much covered and Texas is the fastest growing state in the country so I can see why HIVC wants to establish a presence there (Silverleaf also has a big presence near Chicago with their Fox River Resort). I'm hoping HIVC ownership will represent an upgrade for all of the Silverleaf Resorts. Concerning competing with Silverleaf owners for reservations, I don't know that I would be too concerned about that as the overlap between the two resorts is fairly minimal. It will certainly be more than it currently is, but HIVC owners will also have more options so it may be a wash with people going both directions. Guess we'll see...

What are your annual expenses with HIVC? Do you just get your "week" or whatever your "points" will exchange for? My biggest concern is losing the "bonus time" feature as that allows us to stay for several weeks a year for nothing more than our MFs. Thanks.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There might be an offer to buy in

Since HICV HIVC might eventually merge the two companies, be on the lookout for an offer to join HICV. This is what happened at the Desert Club in Las vegas.

The buy-in was very reasonable: about $204, not thousands of dollars. Then all of our units at the Desert Club were converted to HIVC points and we were enrolled in the system. For us this has been a great way to get access to HIVC, still have RCI access, and enroll into Priority Club which has hotels around the world.

Folks looking for a cheap way into the HICV points system might also keep their eyes open for a cheap resale of a Silverleaf property as another way to get into the HICV system. Just a thought. I know that people bought cheap Desert Club units on ebay before the merger and were ready (and surprised) when HICV came in and made the offer.

Beeker007

Reaction score
HIVC Possible Buy In

Sandy - Thanks for the info. Have to admit I'm completely in the dark about how "points" operations work (imagine you're trading points for stays). Was Desert Club a points based timeshare as well before HIVC bought them? What would have happened if you hadn't accepted the buy-in offer? What do you actually own under a points system? Is there an actual deed to something? With Silverleaf you have an actual deeded week at a resort for a specific style of unit (Lodge, Presidential, Chairman, Ambassador). I suppose the points conversion would be based on the details of the week a Silverleaf owner has. Maybe not the best forum for some of these more basic questions so if anyone knows of a good reference for how HIVC's system works and its costs, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tank - Appreciate the info - assume the source who told you this was within HIVC? They give you any indication as to timing? Depending on the details, it could be a big upgrade for Silverleaf owners or a big downgrade. Wish we had an HIVC insider on this board...:) Thanks to all of you - didn't expect such quick responses.:clap:

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
every size unit, and season have a value at HIVC.
The more demanded season and size = points needed for that stay
Generally if the kids are out of school the demand will be greater.
We are left in the dark here at HIVC also but they do give us info like this to look at

http://corporate.orangelake.com/ourResorts.php

You can see what they have to say, it is encouraging ! A plan is in place, not a easy task to figure out a way to incorporate , I'm sure.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beeker007: RCI Points for Deposit (PFD) is a program that allows you to deposit a week at a Weeks resort and convert it to points in your points account. It only works for people who own a both Weeks resorts and Points resorts and have both Weeks and Points RCI accounts.

Most HICV deeds are fixed weeks - the points you get each year are the points required to book a stay at your deeded week. Prior to 13 months out, you can book your deeded week - after that you can use your points to book anything available (subject to some restrictions between 13 months and 10 months).

-Scott

[link to commercial website deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy - Thanks for the info. Have to admit I'm completely in the dark about how "points" operations work (imagine you're trading points for stays). Was Desert Club a points based timeshare as well before HIVC bought them? [IT WAS WEEKS] What would have happened if you hadn't accepted the buy-in offer? [I WOULD STILL OWN MY WEEKS I BOUGHT FROM EBAY] What do you actually own under a points system? [I BELIEVE THE POINTS IS JUST A CONVERSION OF WHAT YOUR VALUE IS WITHIN HICV/HIVC] Is there an actual deed to something? [YES]

[ I SHOULD ALSO MENTION THAT WE CAN USE OUR HIVC POINTS TO GO TO AN RCI RESORT - TO DO THIS WITHIN THE HIVC HOME PAGE - PLEASE KNOW THAT THE CONVERSION RATE IS 2:1; SO 50,000 RCI POINTS = 100,000 HIVC POINTS. JUST LIKE CURRENCY, EACH RESORT SYSTEM HAS DIFFERING POINTS VALUES. COMPARE HILTON, DISNEY, WYNDHAM, ETC. JUST LIKE DIFFERENT CURRENCIES AROUND THE WORLD.]

With Silverleaf you have an actual deeded week at a resort for a specific style of unit (Lodge, Presidential, Chairman, Ambassador). I suppose the points conversion would be based on the details of the week a Silverleaf owner has. Maybe not the best forum for some of these more basic questions so if anyone knows of a good reference for how HIVC's system works and its costs, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tank - Appreciate the info - assume the source who told you this was within HIVC? They give you any indication as to timing? Depending on the details, it could be a big upgrade for Silverleaf owners or a big downgrade. Wish we had an HIVC insider on this board...:) Thanks to all of you - didn't expect such quick responses.:clap:

I hope this helps.

andex

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beeker007 I think they are great company overall. They are progressive and forward thinking. I think regardless how this lands in the future. They will bring a lot of positive to silverleaf owners just like they have with other takeovers.
For our fees/points it depends on many factors like tank explained. I have all diamond weeks so I am very pleased with my point ratio!

Beeker007

Reaction score
Tank, Sandy, Andex, Skotrla - Thanks for all of the responses. I have decided to hold on to both of my Silverleaf weeks for now and wait to see how this shakes out. Sandy - I found your thread from a couple of years ago that detailed your conversion experience from Desert Club so that was helpful - thank you. I've thought about picking up another upgraded Silverleaf resale week on the cheap to take advantage of the (likely) upcoming conversion, but think I will just stand pat until I have more details. From what I understand, I would still have to pay the annual existing MFs going forward (post conversion) on top of the conversion fee itself so that gets a little expensive 3x and I don't take that much vacation anyways:(

Will keep everyone posted should I hear anything. Thanks again.

dmdodson

Reaction score
Hi Andex, Just a little encouragement. I've stayed at both Orange Lake next to the golfcourse and Hill Country and While the property at Orange Lake is outstanding, the units were certainly comprable to the Silverleaf Presidential units and inferior to the Silverleaf Embassador units so I guess it really depends what kind of unit you stay in. We do have some great locations so with the upgrades HIVC will bring, I would think it would enhance your program, unless you pretty much set on where you like to go.

dmdodson

Reaction score
Clarifying what the HICV Silverleaf purchase will mean to us

Tank, Sandy, Andex, Skotrla - Thanks for all of the responses. I have decided to hold on to both of my Silverleaf weeks for now and wait to see how this shakes out. Sandy - I found your thread from a couple of years ago that detailed your conversion experience from Desert Club so that was helpful - thank you. I've thought about picking up another upgraded Silverleaf resale week on the cheap to take advantage of the (likely) upcoming conversion, but think I will just stand pat until I have more details. From what I understand, I would still have to pay the annual existing MFs going forward (post conversion) on top of the conversion fee itself so that gets a little expensive 3x and I don't take that much vacation anyways:(

Will keep everyone posted should I hear anything. Thanks again.
So, I'm new to the conversation, but just got out of a members meeting at Silverleaf so have some information (or misinformation) to add, as well as questions that I would love for someone to answer as I try and wrap my mind around these changes.

At our info. meeting of course the main objective is to get you to buy. So we were shown a new color chart. Before, in Silverleaf, the color chart was broken down into the Red (Prime Peak) White (Peak) & Blue (non Peak) time periods with variations of the spread of colors depending on the resort; with some key resorts being mostly red. Anyway, the new chart called the "Club Access Time Chart" had Green (Prime Peak) Orange(Peak) and Yellow (Non-Peak). We were told that this is the system that Orange Lake uses and that we were already converting to that system. Is that true? Is this the system that HIVC uses?

Funny thing is, that even though we own 2 Red Prime Peak weeks on the old chart which would be considered prime peak time, the exact weeks for those resorts on the new chart fall on Orange (peak) instead of Green (Prime Peak). :( Who rated this new chart already with some our properties downgraded? HIVC?

So, while we were told our "red" privileges within the Silverleaf system would not be taken away EVER, "SHOULD and IF the HIVC & Silverleaf programs get combined, then our weeks would not have prime peak when it came to using the HICV resorts". :bawl:
However, and here was the clincher...if we bought a new week today under the new color chart, then our other two existing weeks would get linked in to this new membership and would now be counted as Prime Peak weeks in the new color chart. Does this sound fishy to someone else, or did we pass up a valuable opportunity to buy into the new system before it costs as they said a whole lot more? :confused:

Of course we would have had to pay a lot more for their cheapest non peak week than we did for our other two units a while back ago, but we were still told that it would be a lot cheaper than what's coming. They said there was this "big announcement" that is coming in January :eek: that just might (speculative) be the one that gives Silverleaf members the ability to use HIVC properties. At that point, buying new weeks into the HIVC system will cost a lot more...which is kind of what y'all are saying in terms of holding on to Silverleaf weeks that may be worth more by virtue of being in the HIVC system. :doh:

But then they didn't say anything about simply having a conversion fee to buy into the program like what was mentioned happened at the Vegas property. Was that a one time fee? That sure beats having to buy a new week. ;) However, they did say this current new week we would be buying did not have the free bonus time Sun-Thurs like we own on our other two weeks....so that makes me wonder if we can loose bonus time if we convert to the HIVC system along with our other Diamond member & Plus Program privileges. :( I would rather trade through RCI to stay at an HIVC resort than loose my bonus time or other privileges. I know that HIVC or pretty much anyone else in the industry does not have bonus time anymore, but I was wondering if they really can't take this away? Savvy Silverleaf members? Also, I was wondering what the HIVC maintenance fees are like for a regular unit at Orange Lake.

It's all pretty confusing and I've learned to distrust half of what I'm told and to muddle it even more, when we declined the deal, they offered us the existing equity on our paid week 52 in Galveston towards the payment of the new week and yet somehow get to keep the deeded week. :confused: This was odd and something we've never heard of in the 13 years we've owned and been to these meetings, so I'm not sure what their angle is or why their having our equity but not the week would do them any good if we don't have to pay it back? Thoughts? Anyway, I do want to say that we have enjoyed our Silverleaf timeshares and are glad :cheer: we bought them when we did, though I guess some folks have bought them second hand and paid a lot less, but that's another discussion. I would appreciate any feedback that relates to this new merger. Thank you!

Last edited:

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
We have ours in Orange lake originally. Had to buy a week to take advantage of / and convert to points.
2 bedroom cost $900 a year $126 membership fee
$94 each reservation fee with point shield protection if vacation needs to be cancelled.

I feel that Vegas was treated right with just a minimal fee to convert to points, not have to buy another one like I had to take advantage of the points and the new system.

I think this would be the best way to NOT upset people in the transition.
RED week (you had bought) was the most expensive week to buy. You paid for RED week, you should get RED week.
The question would be when that time comes to make a choice, how many more points is it from prime peak to peak and what would you gain or loose.
You are at their mercy in that room, it would be nice to have the big plan on black and white and just be fare.
My original week at Orange Lake had a point value, convert me to your new system could have been simple. Just like your place will.
I felt "strong-armed" to buy another week to take advantage of the points.
Looking back it was a good choice because you can do more with points, my week at Orange lake was almost useless by itself, except if I was to use it every year myself.

Those are hard to answer if you do not know the HIVC system.
I know our system pretty well your welcome to PM me we can talk.
I can get you our guide book to read over to get a better understanding of HIVC system. The more you know the better the decision.

johndeb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Club Wyndham - Inn Season Vacation Club - Bluegreen - Breakers Resort (Cape Cod) - Edgewater Beach Resort (Cape Cod)
Silverleaf bought by Orange Lake

I was recently informed that Orange Lake will begin converting the Silverleaf Resorts in Western Mass and outside Chicago. Here are my thoughts for current Silverleaf Owners. If you frequently use Bonus Time I think you are going to find it more difficult to find Bonus Time availability as Orange Lake begins to convert Silverleaf ownerships to HIVC. As you know, Bonus Time is subject to availability. As current Silverleaf owners convert to HIVC, the pool of available weeks for Bonus Time will be reduced. Also, more aggressive marketing will reduce the number of un-sold weeks in each Resorts inventory.
On a comparative basis, Silverleaf's maintenance fees are about 15% higher than Holiday Inn Club's, but if you frequently use Bonus Time, still a good value. However, if Bonus Time availability decreases, will your ownership still be a good value? Only you can answer that question for your situation and everyone will have their own opinion. HIVC is an outstanding system and IMO the best in the industry. If Silverleaf owners are presented with an attractive offer to convert their week into HIVC Points, I would seriously consider converting. You will still have your Deeded week underlying the Points value in the HIVC system. You will still be able to reserve your Deeded week if you choose to do so, or alternatively use the corresponding number of HIVC Points your week is worth to make reservations at any HIVC resort. You can reserve from a minimum of 2 nights to a maximum of however many points you have will cover. The HIVC Points values vary by resort, the unit size, and the Season. Also, HIVC has upscale "Signature Collection" villas which command higher point values. Also, HIVC Point values vary between weekends and weekdays. For example, if the HIVC Point value for a week is 100,000, then it will require 50,000 Points for Friday and Saturday night, then 50,000 Points for Sunday thru Thursday. So, you could reserve 2 stays of 5 nights (Sunday to Friday) for the same number of Points as a 7 night week. Check-in and Check-out days can be any day of the week. There is much more than I can possibly explain here, but I would happy to discuss more details with anyone interested in more detailed information.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was recently informed that Orange Lake will begin converting the Silverleaf Resorts in Western Mass and outside Chicago. Here are my thoughts for current Silverleaf Owners. If you frequently use Bonus Time I think you are going to find it more difficult to find Bonus Time availability as Orange Lake begins to convert Silverleaf ownerships to HIVC. As you know, Bonus Time is subject to availability. As current Silverleaf owners convert to HIVC, the pool of available weeks for Bonus Time will be reduced. Also, more aggressive marketing will reduce the number of un-sold weeks in each Resorts inventory.
On a comparative basis, Silverleaf's maintenance fees are about 15% higher than Holiday Inn Club's, but if you frequently use Bonus Time, still a good value. However, if Bonus Time availability decreases, will your ownership still be a good value? Only you can answer that question for your situation and everyone will have their own opinion. HIVC is an outstanding system and IMO the best in the industry. If Silverleaf owners are presented with an attractive offer to convert their week into HIVC Points, I would seriously consider converting. You will still have your Deeded week underlying the Points value in the HIVC system. You will still be able to reserve your Deeded week if you choose to do so, or alternatively use the corresponding number of HIVC Points your week is worth to make reservations at any HIVC resort. You can reserve from a minimum of 2 nights to a maximum of however many points you have will cover. The HIVC Points values vary by resort, the unit size, and the Season. Also, HIVC has upscale "Signature Collection" villas which command higher point values. Also, HIVC Point values vary between weekends and weekdays. For example, if the HIVC Point value for a week is 100,000, then it will require 50,000 Points for Friday and Saturday night, then 50,000 Points for Sunday thru Thursday. So, you could reserve 2 stays of 5 nights (Sunday to Friday) for the same number of Points as a 7 night week. Check-in and Check-out days can be any day of the week. There is much more than I can possibly explain here, but I would happy to discuss more details with anyone interested in more detailed information.

HIVC is the "best in the industry"? You must be a salesman for them. I have stayed at several HIVC's that were comparable to Wyndham perhaps, but neither of those are "best in the industry" and Silverleaf is far from the best, so there will need to be upgrades done.

johndeb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC Best in the Industry

HIVC is the "best in the industry"? You must be a salesman for them. I have stayed at several HIVC's that were comparable to Wyndham perhaps, but neither of those are "best in the industry" and Silverleaf is far from the best, so there will need to be upgrades done.

Sorry for the confusion. BTW, I'm just an owner with HIVC, not a salesman! To clarify my "Best in the Industry" comment, I was not referring to just the quality of the accommodations. There are clearly far more upscale and luxurious timeshare accommodations available. However, when it comes to a good value with quality accommodations and a "SYSTEM" that really works for the benefit of the OWNERS, Holiday Inn Club is unsurpassed. In terms of value and flexibility, Wyndham does not even come close to HIVC. I own Both Wyndham and HIVC, so my opinion is based on my personal experiences using both systems extensively. HIVC accomodations are very nice and their properties very well maintained, maintenance fees are very competitive in the industry, very good availability to make reservations, $59 reservation fee, no charge for guest reservations, "Point Shield" and/or flexible cancellation policy, access to "Signature Collection" inventory, 2 full years to utilize your Points with the option to transfer Points into the included IHG Rewards program where they NEVER expire, option to extend expiring points for 6 months, NO housekeeping fees, Free Wi-Fi, Hertz Gold membership, Book tee times in advance, and RCI membership included.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I do not own other timeshares now, but we have owned many over the years since 1980. We have been in Interval International, owned RCI points, weeks, and international timeshares. All we have now is our HIVC HICV ownership.

I am delighted at the flexibility, being able to use points in the IHG hotel groups, ability to transfer points to IHG that do not expire, the cheap exchane fee, no guest certificates, etc.

Surely there are other high quality timeshare systems. We stayed at many of the Marriotts over the years as well as other top-of-the line units (Hyatt, Hilton, etc.) For us, this HIVC system is great for our needs. And the units we have stayed in are outstanding!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think that if you lucked upon owning a high pointed week that HI took over and offered entrance for free or a nominal fee than you lucked upon a flexible system. It would be difficult to point to any benefits the system offers that would be worth anywhere near the buy in costs at retail pricing.

The same could be said for Marriott owners who bought pre 2010 and were able to enroll in the DC. Great system at under $1000 but when you are talking buying in at the $50,000-$100,000 level to get the same number of points and perks then it doesn't seem so great.