• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake Trading Power

RBC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake West Village Week 51 (x2), Orange Lake West Village Week 52, Orange Lake East Village Week 4
I have checked around the site and couldn't find anything on this, so my apologies if I've missed something.
I own 4 fixed weeks at Orange Lake:
2 week 51's (West Village)
1 week 52 (West Village)
1 week 4 (East Village)

My weeks 51 & 52 have always had a trading power of between 52-56 points. I just noticed my new deposits available on RCI and they have all been downgraded to 44 points!!!! That's a decrease of approximately 20% and an increase of almost 25% in my cost per trading point!!! My brother has experienced the same thing. He is at OL right now and can't get any straight answers.
Has anyone noticed the same degradation?
Does anyone have an explanation for this.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have a points week at OLCC which is also affiliated with HIVC and IHG. Have never used RCI for this week. I did have a fixed week previously and used to trade it with RCI. Sorry to hear that trading power has decreased, perhaps it is because the week is close to actual use time? If you spacebank early do you get better TPU? RCI seems to be raising fees and lowering trade power. I only use one of my timeshares with RCI. Not OL week. Right now I have two exchanges booked and only 1 TPU point in my account. Have been using TUG exchanges lately. Much nicer for both sides.
Silentg

RBC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake West Village Week 51 (x2), Orange Lake West Village Week 52, Orange Lake East Village Week 4
My weeks are deposited at full trading power as soon as they become available.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I wander if you wanted your week 51 or 52 from RCI for Orange Lake , it should only be 44 points to reserve right ?

I know that does not help you, but maybe a little skimming off the top going on. Apple for apple , fair is fair. Would be a interesting comparable.

Dave

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
RCI said week 51 for 2016 was 24 TPUS for W village, likely b/c 51 was on the early side. Recheck your deposits. If you get 50+ for week 51/2016, that was great. Although my parents had a week 51 (and we loved getting 56-58 TPUs), IMHO, 50+, even for week 51/52 was overweighted compared to other high demand areas/low supply areas. An adjustment to 44 for a high demand week in an oversupplied area seems about right to me, IMHO. Sounds like RCI made some adjustments with OLCC.
I have been dealing with low TPUs for years with a 4th of July week @ HHI, which was higher rated, and got much lower TPUS than Myrtle Beach. HHI has always gotten the shaft on TPUs for summer weeks, IMHO, while MB resorts that I would never go back to did great. But, in RCI points, HHI does very well--go figure.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI has been adjusting weeks 51/52 down in Orlando. They are still worth 15-20 more tpu's than what it cost to exchange in (overpointed). If you don't need the points you should still be able to rent the week for more than mf's. That's what I do for my 3 br week 52 in the East Village.