• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange lake which village ?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Last time we were there the north Village did not exist.
East village has higher Tug Rating but I thought North Village was the newer one
Family of 7 5 kids from ages 14-4

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Last time we were there the north Village did not exist.
East village has higher Tug Rating but I thought North Village was the newer one
Family of 7 5 kids from ages 14-4

We've been several times during the last 20 years. My favorite is River Island where the lazy river is located. It is the newest village. During our last stay we were in the North Village, which was so-so. I wouldn't want that village again. The East Village units are pretty good as well. Using the east entrance gate is the best advice when staying in the North, East and River Island Villages. It is easier to drive in/out of the resort.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We stayed in the North this spring. It was fine but some of the units are a 5+ minute to a shuttle stop. Basically we had to walk to the Village center to get the shuttle. The pool at the North Village was quieter than some of the others but it was nice. Most activities required either a car ride or a shuttle ride.

BigRedNole

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a week there. We were in West Village. I can't say enough good things about it. Activities, amenities, you name it is all right there. We were in the Tennis Villas (towers next to the tennis courts). The buildings were recently renovated this year and look great. There are activities going on there almost all the time every day. My DD had something to do almost the whole time we were at the resort. We did venture to RI once. Yes, it is Summer, but I did not expect to see crowds that big there. It was so crowded, the lazy river was just a LA freeway parking lot. Too many people to create any flow. The two blue slides did not have enough water pressure and DD had to scooch about half way down the slide (5' about 80 lbs). The blue blowup slide was down while we were there.

The only thing OLR really lacks are grills. Having those at a timeshare resort is the best thing in the world. I know they have about 3 of those rusted out park type ones at the other pool in WV. That is just not convenient at all.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We enjoy staying in West Village. Closest to clubhouse and water sports. Staying again in September.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
We have stayed in North and West Village and liked both. Pools at north seem quieter for sure and depending on your location and if the light are off on the par three courses you can see disney fireworks or could. Have not stayed in River Island but they look nice.. did do the lazy river when we stayed in West village and had a great time.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the East Village merely because we are all adults. It has its own smaller pool, but quite adequate and it's quiet there too. When we go with our grandkids we like the West Village because as mentioned above there are many activities and you are close to the main pool and the lake.