• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando- week before Easter

pnjsmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just put an ongoing search on RCI for Orlando with a check in between 4/7-4/9. I am looking for a resort we can enjoy. we may do a few days at the parks.
What are my chances of getting a decent match?
Weare also a family of 5.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ali

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just put an ongoing search on RCI for Orlando with a check in between 4/7-4/9. I am looking for a resort we can enjoy. we may do a few days at the parks.
What are my chances of getting a decent match?
Weare also a family of 5.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ali

I think your chances are extremely good, depending on how you define a resort you can enjoy. We saw Silverlake, Cypress Palms, and Festiva as well as others on RCI extra vacations last year for that week. I think there will likely be some cancellations and you will get hits on your OGS, unless you picked DVC o_O

pnjsmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your chances are extremely good, depending on how you define a resort you can enjoy. We saw Silverlake, Cypress Palms, and Festiva as well as others on RCI extra vacations last year for that week. I think there will likely be some cancellations and you will get hits on your OGS, unless you picked DVC o_O
Thanks for your reply. I am keeping fingers crossed. We are a family of 5 and have not had luck with searches in the past. I modified to an OGS for 4 people/ 1 bedroom.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
If you are a family of 5 then be careful of booking into an occupancy 4 unit. I have seen many families turned away while registering or asked to leave during their stay for having too many people in a unit. It is the local fire codes that determine the number of people not the resort.

A few years ago we saw a resort employee follow a guest carrying 2 air beds (still in boxes) to a unit after checking in to see how many people were in the unit. They had 7 in an occ 4 unit and were told to rent another unit or comply with the occupancy. Lucky for them there was another 1 bedroom unit available for them to rent. Even babies sleeping in cribs count on the occupancy total.

Good luck with your search. We love Florida at Easter time!

~Diane

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI has had a lot of sales that included Easter inventory. There was a lot but for the last month or so there have only been a few 1 br and studios for those dates. I'm sure they will get some last minute deposits in the next 60 days but I guess it depends on how many are still searching for those deposits.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I am keeping fingers crossed. We are a family of 5 and have not had luck with searches in the past. I modified to an OGS for 4 people/ 1 bedroom.

Not sure about RCI but with II an OGS placed this close to check-in has a decreased chance of success because many times they allow the inventory to show up immediately instead of waiting for the queue.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do this. Keep your search 1BR minimum of 5 (or, if they don't use 5, 6). I think you'll get something you like. Orlando is chockablock with timeshares, there's a great chance you'll snag someone else's cancellation. Also keep looking by hand, just in case.

Also, remember that once you get inside 30 days, your OGS will stop matching, so then you have to check by hand.

pnjsmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do this. Keep your search 1BR minimum of 5 (or, if they don't use 5, 6). I think you'll get something you like. Orlando is chockablock with timeshares, there's a great chance you'll snag someone else's cancellation. Also keep looking by hand, just in case.

Also, remember that once you get inside 30 days, your OGS will stop matching, so then you have to check by hand.

Thank you. I modified my search to include all members of my party (5) and Holiday Inn Orlando Breeze (?) popped up. I released it and am keeping fingers crossed to see what I may get.