• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What you say about pricing was true when I first started buying, but no more
Points are selling for one to two cents a point. Even the high mf contracts are finding a home and bringing in real money
Recent examples are the two that I wanted and didnt get: the 650300

CWA contract that went for $9350, and the 851000 Seawatch for $10000

What you own has value again

Listen to what Ron has explained above. Wyndham contracts are SELLING for prices WAY HIGH than in the last 5 or 6 YEARS....

The CWA contract went for over $14 per thousand points ... and the Myrtle Beach contract went for almost $12 per thousand points. That is GREAT compared to 2+ years ago ... then the MB contract might have SOLD for under $100. with seller paying all closing and transfer costs.

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope values continue to climb, all I know is before I started the Ovation process I listed 105k points at Fairfield Glade (maint fee of 800.00) on ebay and couldnt even give it away. Buyer was to pay all fees. Most of the stuff I see seling now is with the seller paying all fees.

I really think this Ovation program is driving resale prices up on the good contracts. Just wish I had one of those to sell.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think this Ovation program is driving resale prices up on the good contracts.
Ovation is the tail to the economy's dog. General economic trends are much more powerful in terms of price movements than a program almost no Wyndham owners know the name of.

As resale prices are moving up and have value, it's to Wyndham's advantage to take them for free.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovation is the tail to the economy's dog. General economic trends are much more powerful in terms of price movements than a program almost no Wyndham owners know the name of.

As resale prices are moving up and have value, it's to Wyndham's advantage to take them for free.
The people that dont know Ovation exists are the same people that dont know ebay exists. In the recent past they were the "customers" for the PCCs. Paying thousands of dollars to get rid of their timeshare. These timeshares became ebay inventory, that you and I bought for next to nothing

Now Ovation exists and rumor has it that Wyndham is paying to buy back points too. Secondary market supply is shrinking and prices are going up.

I think the two are connected. Ovation is driving up prices by reducing supply. The state of the economy is a factor too. I dont know how much weight to give to one or the other but certainly both are important

Of course its to Wyndhams advantage to buy back or take back points. anytime you can get something for next to nothing and sell it for 20 cents it makes sense to do it. But Wyndham cant depend on churning points for all their income. Selling points they take back is a great profit center, but it provides no growth, All it does is to substitute one owner for another. Wyndham is a growth company. And to grow the ownership base, and grow their management fees they need new resorts. And its the economy that allows them to charge what they do in the sales room

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have over the last 6 months unloaded 3 contracts (all resale). 2 with so-so MF,s ($6 - $6.5)and one with high MF's ($10). The first 2 I sold on tug, with buyer paying all fees, less $100. The last I sent back using Ovation. While LTT made the first 2 relatively easy, they did take a couple of months to complete plus a couple of months advertising, the ovation process was a breeze and very quick. (start to finish under 3 weeks) It is easier and you don't need to find your deed. (we moved 2 years ago and a box with important paperwork vanished) Not as keen on "enriching" Wyndham, but it is a decent option to quickly unload a paid off contract.

On a side note, during the excruciating Wyndham sales pitch this past weekend. (yes I know stupid move, but I was curious) They pitched heavily that CWA contracts can be broken up into smaller contracts and those can be turned in via Ovation or passed on to others. This was their idea of family planning.:hysterical:

Last edited:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious--With the CAP program, if a person owns 4 fixed/deeded weeks at one Wyndham resort, all during a very prime month, and all were purchased gradually over several years via Ebay auctions, can they now surrender two or three of the these weeks to Wyndham and continue to own one or two of the others?

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious--With the CAP program, if a person owns 4 fixed/deeded weeks at one Wyndham resort, all during a very prime month, and all were purchased gradually over several years via Ebay auctions, can they now surrender two or three of the these weeks to Wyndham and continue to own one or two of the others?

I've heard it's all or none. I would love to hear someone who has heard or experienced differently.

If you have fixed weeks during a very prime month, you may have options other than deeding back to Wyndham. They likely have enough value that you can sell them, or at a minimum find an eager taker who will pay closing and transfer to take them off your hands.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Using ovation, I turned in one of the 8 contracts I had and kept the rest. It was a converted fixed week.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting! And they were all under the same account number, I assume...

Yes. Since it was a resale contract I got nothing for turning it in, but it's MF's were by far the highest (almost twice my average) in my account and it was a small 77k contract. That made it unattractive to buyers.

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score

With the CAP program you can turn in only what you want. I had 4 weeks and turned 2 back in. That is as long as your resort is one of the one in the program.

John

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Since it was a resale contract I got nothing for turning it in, but it's MF's were by far the highest (almost twice my average) in my account and it was a small 77k contract. That made it unattractive to buyers.

Maybe the rule is that the "Limited Edition" aspect of Ovation (three years' use beyond turn-in) is all or none.

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was told. I asked about my 3 yrs worth of points when turning my 2 contracts back and was told under cap you turn in just what you want but lose all points now. With the limited option you surrender all contracts but keep the point use for 3 years.

Different agent might have given different answers but I did the cap option and lost the points right away.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was told. I asked about my 3 yrs worth of points when turning my 2 contracts back and was told under cap you turn in just what you want but lose all points now. With the limited option you surrender all contracts but keep the point use for 3 years.

Different agent might have given different answers but I did the cap option and lost the points right away.

Thank you, that definitely clarifies it for me.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Wyndham yesterday re: the 4 fixed/deeded weeks I own at one resort in Florida.

All were purchased gradually through the years via Ebay auctions.

The friendly agent told me without hesitation that I can submit all or a few of the weeks I want to give back. There will be no cost to me for doing so.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

lets assume 4 contracts

could you credit pool all the points? You could do 2016 and 2017 now and 2018 in January. Make reservations with all the points

Then give back 3 of your 4 contracts

I think the reservations would stay in the account, Cancel them and have 3 years of points to use over the next 3 years

jrv331

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told you would lose any ponts associated with the contract. Any reservation would be cancelled. I had 218 points in the credit pool and I lost those , wasnt really concerned as they were expiring anyway. Again this was under cap, limited use might be different.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Now that cancel points no longer exist, and they go back to their original "source", I think you'd lose them.

That could present an interesting scenario for someone that pools all of their future points and then sells the contract. If you make a reservation with those pooled points and then cancel it, where will the points go? Back to your member number in the pool, or to the new owner in the pool?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That could present an interesting scenario for someone that pools all of their future points and then sells the contract. If you make a reservation with those pooled points and then cancel it, where will the points go? Back to your member number in the pool, or to the new owner in the pool?

Points, whether in the credit pool or not, go with the sale.

Ive sold a number of stripped contracts where the points are in reservations and the reservations stay with the account. Once the contract is gone I can cancel the reservation and I have the points back

Im suggesting it might work the same way with CAP Try it what do you have to lose

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Points, whether in the credit pool or not, go with the sale.

Ive sold a number of stripped contracts where the points are in reservations and the reservations stay with the account. Once the contract is gone I can cancel the reservation and I have the points back

Im suggesting it might work the same way with CAP Try it what do you have to lose

It was you I was thinking of when I typed that, but in rereading notes on this I see we've been told they go back to the member but not associated to a contract (which prevents the multiple ARP usage as well).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting in January to see what happens, I have 40 contracts that when the 2018 points are available Ill pool and then hide in reservations, And then Ill try to get Wyndham to take back the contracts

Its like 4 million points that ought to bring me about $25000 when I flip them to a points manager, with no maintenance fees

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting in January to see what happens, I have 40 contracts that when the 2018 points are available Ill pool and then hide in reservations, And then Ill try to get Wyndham to take back the contracts

Its like 4 million points that ought to bring me about $25000 when I flip them to a points manager, with no maintenance fees

We should have a pool. I vote they will clear the reservations and take the points.