• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Overlapping reservations - do they have to be in different names?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I wanted 3 nights but could only manage to find 2 different 2 nights stays, booked at different times, with 1 night overlapping. Unit type is the same for all nights.

I assume the resort will just keep them in the same room if they can.

But in this scenario DO you require 2 different names, one for each reservation?

As an aside by the way....Cancel reservation returning point to incorrect bucket - problem continues.....

I figured that Wyndham had not corrected their bug, as they can't find the problem, and the problem does continue.

I just booked and cancelled a bunch of reservations. No combination should put the inventory in the buckets they are in. The total if right but the buckets are wrong. So the problem still persists.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted 3 nights but could only manage to find 2 different 2 nights stays, booked at different times, with 1 night overlapping. Unit type is the same for all nights.

I assume the resort will just keep them in the same room if they can.

But in this scenario DO you require 2 different names, one for each reservation?

As an aside by the way....Cancel reservation returning point to incorrect bucket - problem continues.....

I figured that Wyndham had not corrected their bug, as they can't find the problem, and the problem does continue.

I just booked and cancelled a bunch of reservations. No combination should put the inventory in the buckets they are in. The total if right but the buckets are wrong. So the problem still persists.

If you have them both in one name you run the risk of one being cancelled. The safe way is to use two different names. The resort should be contacted to work something out to leave guests in the same room. To do this, I do not see any way not to lose one of the days or have two rooms for one of the days. If two room are used for one day, not sure what the resort would do. How far out the reservation is may make a difference. A VC might split the two day one, you keep one day and toss the other one back. For this to work, the reservation use date would have to be close and the resort not full.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Stay is just over 3 weeks away but resort it full, it is Bonnet Creek. I had to book 2 different 2 day stays because that was all there was available. I also picked them up a different times, one a few weeks before the other.

I still have a 2 weeks for check for cancellations. I will wait until then, hoping to fix it. Only when I hit the 15 day mark will I add the guest certificate, just in case ressies change.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay is just over 3 weeks away but resort it full, it is Bonnet Creek. I had to book 2 different 2 day stays because that was all there was available. I also picked them up a different times, one a few weeks before the other.

I still have a 2 weeks for check for cancellations. I will wait until then, hoping to fix it. Only when I hit the 15 day mark will I add the guest certificate, just in case ressies change.

They tell me, when it comes up, that what I see is what they see, however, up until very recently, this is not true all of the time, they see more sometimes. I go into my account and leave it up. Then call VC to have them check. I drop off right before they check.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
What constitutes an overlap stay? I have a bunch of reservations starting in a couple of weeks. I booked consecutive stays with my check out day as the start of my next reservation check in day, ie check in April 9 check out April 15 then check in April 15 check out April 22 and so on so I have a total of 19 days , is this overlapping ?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What constitutes an overlap stay? I have a bunch of reservations starting in a couple of weeks. I booked consecutive stays with my check out day as the start of my next reservation check in day, ie check in April 9 check out April 15 then check in April 15 check out April 22 and so on so I have a total of 19 days , is this overlapping ?

You said it, they are consecutive reservations not overlapping. The thing you need to watch out for, if the consecutive reservations are over 30 days, is there a 30 day maximum for consecutive reservations at the resort in question.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
An overlapping stay is one in which the same night is booked twice. None of your nights are double booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember according to Wyndham this is something we as owners requested.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had to do that last winter (two 7 night reservations with a one night overlap) because of how availability was showing. After making the reservations I called Wyndham and explained it to the VC. She made a note in the system and I did not lose the reservation or have any problems.