• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner comments - just returned from Vidanta Nuevo

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
This is third year in row to visit in July. I thought I would give a few comments from an owners perspective. We stayed at Grand Luxxe Villa tower 2 6th floor - great view; we were there with two sons and 4 college age grandkids.

On the Resort itself: Not much to add from what folks usually report. Great / friendly staff / great facilities. I do think the food quality / menus continue to improve - but still higher price than off site options. A number of new towers are in construction around the cirque do soleil theme park - but not much visible on the park itself. They still say the end of next year but I doubt it. The new lighted par 3 course is not open - but real close - looks great.

The shuttle service still needs some fine tuning as periodic long waits are aggravating - my really only complaint this trip.

On visting in summer: The more I visit in the summer the better I like it (it helps to be from Texas I assume). The pools are really great in the summer; a few hours a day are pretty warm but the pools are always there to cool off - particularly the lazy river. Golf is great in summer: great condition; not crowded; can play anytime. This was first time I actually used my 16 rounds of free golf; they traded 6 rounds for 2 lessons for grandsons; played all the rest. For you golfer owners; you really ought to try the summer.

Sea Garden (Ocean Breeze): My granddaughter and I walked over there via the beach; about 15 minutes from GM pool; they really need to add periodic shuttles. My granddaugter loved it as the beach is right there and similar daily activities as the main resort; taxis are at your front door. This owners with the sea pak addendum really ought to consider that for a change or to give to family - certainly would be great for owners with disabilities.

On Update Meeting: I always attend these not for the goodies (which are nice) but because I always learn things and am always open to contract modifications. Nothing really new being offered; current push is Loft Tower 5 with one bedroom suites and some 2 and 3 bedroom units that I think will be the same as the existing Loft units in the other Luxxe towers - so I wasted a few hours and learned little this time.

That about covers it; we go back in November - looking forward to it as usual.
Mike

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks for the update. We will be at the Grand Mayan in November on an exchange and will pass on the update meeting since you are so great at sharing. :) We will have one son & his wife there with us and it is Thanksgiving week. We are not as interested in the park and like Tower 1 or 2 and are not interested in having a Spa or 3 bedroom unit - besides they are too far from the beach.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Thanks for the update. We will be at the Grand Mayan in November on an exchange and will pass on the update meeting since you are so great at sharing. :) We will have one son & his wife there with us and it is Thanksgiving week. We are not as interested in the park and like Tower 1 or 2 and are not interested in having a Spa or 3 bedroom unit - besides they are too far from the beach.

It is amazing how the sales people make a case how great the Tower 5 location is - and they do it with a straight face. We did go there for lunch and to see the pool on the roof. I must admit the view from the roof is awesome - particularly for golfers, but not sure shuttles have figured out how to get there; it is a long way out from the beach.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Mike - Thanks for the update / comments .

As an owner of the " small house " in a nice neighborhood - ( ie Mayan Palace ),
I like to hear what else is happening in the Vidanta universe .

I just booked the Sea Garden NV for a Feb week using our MP registered week .( the following week we are at MP PV using an exchange )
Today is Aug 1 - so reservations was busy with calls at the 6 month ARP window for Feb 2018 snowbird stays .
My cost was just over $ 700 - which is good value for a well run beachfront resort with daily maid & towel service .

Last year someone said a Grand Luxxe owner who liked the "smaller footprint " & staff of the Sea Garden NV was there for 5 weeks via his GL MF(s)

We visited Santuario for the first time last Feb. via the beach walk / An occasional shuttle would be nice so we could try a few restaurants .

If the par 3 is open in November - please post the list price for 9 holes ( assuming it is offered that way )

Re : update (sales) meeting - I believe Vidanta is offering "Entertainment Collection" contracts that give you a 10 year registered week
inside the park - but renews to Bliss - Mayan Palace- Sea Garden after that , (which is interesting) I assume Grand Entertainment renews to
Grand Bliss & Grand Mayan .
Since you already did a cirque -park access contract addendum and own GL - I can see why there was not a new "level" besides Tower 5
( Perhaps there will be something "new" when Vidanta completes East Cape )

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
If the par 3 is open in November - please post the list price for 9 holes ( assuming it is offered that way )

Re : update (sales) meeting - I believe Vidanta is offering "Entertainment Collection" contracts that give you a 10 year registered week
inside the park - but renews to Bliss - Mayan Palace- Sea Garden after that , (which is interesting) I assume Grand Entertainment renews to
Grand Bliss & Grand Mayan .

Tom,
I don't think the par 3 is going to be 18 holes; I was told 10 and 13 by two different people - forgot to ask my caddy or the starters (they seem to know all things golf). I did ask about pricing; no one seems to know; my guess is for awhile will be pretty expensive. My golf addenda do not apply - so will be interesting; from the road, it really looks like fun. It has made the view from both sides of the GL towers really nice.

According to the Sea Garden people, when the theme park opens, there will be direct access from the SG - but who knows?

I believe you are right on the theme park lodging; will be Bliss/MP size and Grand Mayan size. The models are really nice though; we might downgrade there when taking grandkids.

Mike

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are owners of "small house" too! We have used Vida (or Vidanta in the old days") every year for more than 34 years!
Upgraded to Grand Mayan many years ago but no farther and began to not like it a few years ago because of the lack of being able to get around. We booked Sea Garden and Mayan Marina last year and LOVED it! Ocean right there without walking miles to it, being able to get to the Marina to the restaurants there and easy bus to town. Gone was the "TRAPPED IN" feeling. We were FREE!!
We have again booked Sea Garden/Mayan Marina for our next annual Feb vacation and we're so excited that we found our "little Mexico" to enjoy again! We are looking forward to our yearly vacation there again in 2018