• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palm Beach Holiday Club, Tenerife

elabut

Reaction score
Hi, I own 2 weeks with PBHC and have been advised today by them this this has been disbanded & my weeks have now been transferred to Palm Beach Club, same resort but without any of the benefits I initally had, the main one being not being able to swop my weeks free of charge at any other time of year for any resort owned by Resort Properties! Has anyone else got this problem & can they do it, or can I refuse & hand back the weeks?

Reaction score
TUG is a US-based website, and you may not get any responses which are specific to your situation at Palm Beach Club.
Iif you have not already done so, you should also post your question on Timesharetalk.co.uk which is UK-based and has members who are knowledgeable about European timeshares.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been lots of shananigans at a number of Canary Island timeshares, some of which have involved crashing some of them. They use the British ''trustee'' system which is not the protection for owners that the US deeded system or even the Oz / SA shareblock system is.

As a moderator on www.timesharetalk.co.uk , I also invite you to post there, as many of the European, especially UK, members are knowledgable on the Canaries.

zourette

Reaction score
The holiday club disbanded 2011 and time share ownership license issued instead. We are disputing this as it has less benefits and we lose the 10% discount on maintenance fees and free transfer and selling.

If this was a change in any other contract it would be unacceptable as its a different product, so I don't see how any court can uphold this. the original contract says it can be cancelled but doesn't stipulate they can change benefits or term and conditions. We are demanding compensation from silver point who 'acquired' resorts properties and their liabilities.

Additionally we never signed up to the recent lesser product which is ownership of property timeshare as opposed to holiday club timeshare there fore we don't have a legal contract with them as we haven't signed a new contract for the different product. They are still trying to argue that our contract was with private seller and that we have to pay maintenance but we have original paper work from Resort properties. They are trying to cling to us and keep us paying (harassment) and interestingly they only have a database with our details, no contracts even from resort properties. I wonder how many other ex-PB Holiday club owners are fighting this.