TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Panama City Beach - Jet Ski Rental and other to dos

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by harveyhaddixfan, Apr 18, 2017.

1. harveyhaddixfan

harveyhaddixfan TUG Member

I'll be in PCB 6/11-6/16 staying at the Wyndham PCB. I've been looking into renting a jet ski and have found a few places. Some require you to have experience. There are a few that offer a 2 hour guided tour to see dolphins. Are there any recommendations for a place to rent from? What other activities should I try? I was there last year but mainly hung out at the resort.

Note: I'll be by myself the whole week so it would need to be something 1 person can do and enjoy.

2. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    When we stayed in PCB late last August we ate at the Firefly restaurant and highly recommend it. We ate there probably five nights the week we were there as my husband was working and on expense account so we only had to pay for my meal. We ate at another restaurant that is highly recommended but the food and service weren't nearly as good and the prices were higher too.

One of us usually paid the additional $2 to get the she crab soup and it was excellent. We did try their other soups and they were also great. When we go out to eat at places that offer the soup or salad with the meal, one of us usually orders the soup and the other the salad and we share. Another option was an additional $5 to upgrade to the hydroponic butter lettuce salad with strawberries, goat cheese, warm butter pecan dressing. Also excellent. The cajun pasta is a huge serving if you are a big eater. Along with the cajun pasta we would also highly recommend the crab cakes, the beef tenderloin medallions and the salmon. The yellowfin tuna was also very good but a smaller meal. My husband isn't a big beef eater but after trying a taste of my beef tenderloin medallions he ordered it for himself the next night. The only meal on the sunset menu that we didn't try was oven roasted chicken.

They also have an excellent sushi menu too. Late one night after the dining room was closed we ate in the bar section of the restaurant and we each had one of the rolls and loved them too. We enjoyed watching watching their sushi expert? (sorry but I don't know what the correct term is) prepare our rolls.

SUNSET SPECIAL 5:00–6:30 DAILY
    $14.95 Entrees include choice of House Salad or Soup du Jour

APPETIZERS
    • ESCARGOT IN A PUFF PASTRY
      lemon butter, white wine garlic sauce

• FIREFLY HOUSE SALAD
      mixed seasonal greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, carrots

• SPICED PUMPKIN
    • PEPPERED RINGS OF CALAMARI
      garlic peppercorn dipping sauce

• SHE CRAB SOUP
      puff pastry, cream sherry. our signature she-crab soup may be substituted for soup or salad for an extra $2.00.

• SOUP DU JOUR
    ENTREES
    • CAJUN PASTA
      sautéed shrimp, andouille sausage, crawfish tails, cajun cream sauce, penne pasta

• OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN
      roasted potatoes, Baby Carrots, Chicken Jus

• PAN SEARED ATLANTIC SALMON
      honey-ginger-soy, herb roasted yukon gold potatoes, & sautéed spinach

• PAN SEARED CRAB CAKES
      creamy mashed potatoes, tropical fruit relish & snap beans

• SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA
      cucumber & radish salad, soy lime vinaigrette

• BEEF TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS
      Whipped Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, Sauce Bernaise

3. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

A couple of years ago, my wife ate six dozen oysters at Shuckum's, just up the road from Wyndham PCB.

Good oysters at Gene's in Panama City, too.