• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photos on Listings

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I received an email yesterday from the "front desk" of a small, west coast resort complaining about a photo on one of my listings. There were two complaints: one, that the photo was the property of the Homeowners Association; two, that the photo was misleading because it was of a different type unit than the unit in my listing.

The gist of my response was that I don't post photos to listings on TUG.

Frankly, I would think the HOA would welcome use of its photos in listings for rentals. The more guests, the better. Guests have a tendency to become owners.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the photo showed for the resort in all ads will be the default photo of the resort itself...to which anyone browsing the ad can click on to navigate thru all the photos of the resort itself.

if photos are old or outdated, anyone (dont even need to be a member) can upload new photos for the resort directly on the resort review page itself. we can also of course delete any photos that no longer apply or are very old/blurry/etc at the request of the resort or other owners.

hope that helps!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wow - things must be REALLY slow at the resort if they have time for this!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
the photo showed for the resort in all ads will be the default photo of the resort itself...to which anyone browsing the ad can click on to navigate thru all the photos of the resort itself.

if photos are old or outdated, anyone (dont even need to be a member) can upload new photos for the resort directly on the resort review page itself. we can also of course delete any photos that no longer apply or are very old/blurry/etc at the request of the resort or other owners.

hope that helps!

How do I change my profile picture? never mind I figured it out
Silentg

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
While we're on this topic, I would like to know how the picture of my family with the TUG banner at our home resort in the "TUG Banner Travels the World" thread became the "default" picture of the resort on the Marketplace. The picture is now showing up in any ad for the resort on the Marketplace. (I sent an e-mail about this to the person who posted the ad, and he explained that there was nothing he could on his end. An e-mail sent to the "contact us" e-mail on the Marketplace wasn't returned.)

This concerns me, because I was unaware that in posting the picture that I was giving TUG full rights to use the picture however it wanted (isn't that the whole reason we have to find a different hosting service for photos we want to post on the BBS in the first place?) Secondly, I was comfortable posting a photo that included my young daughter because I felt that the audience for a relatively obscure BBS posting was fairly small--which is not how I feel about a Marketplace ad listing. Thirdly, it's not that great a picture of the resort--it is, instead, a pretty good picture of some of my family with the banner.

Is there anyway that we can make sure that photos we post on the BBS don't end up in stranger's Marketplace ads?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
While we're on this topic, I would like to know how the picture of my family with the TUG banner at our home resort in the "TUG Banner Travels the World" thread became the "default" picture of the resort on the Marketplace. The picture is now showing up in any ad for the resort on the Marketplace. (I sent an e-mail about this to the person who posted the ad, and he explained that there was nothing he could on his end. An e-mail sent to the "contact us" e-mail on the Marketplace wasn't returned.)

This concerns me, because I was unaware that in posting the picture that I was giving TUG full rights to use the picture however it wanted (isn't that the whole reason we have to find a different hosting service for photos we want to post on the BBS in the first place?) Secondly, I was comfortable posting a photo that included my young daughter because I felt that the audience for a relatively obscure BBS posting was fairly small--which is not how I feel about a Marketplace ad listing. Thirdly, it's not that great a picture of the resort--it is, instead, a pretty good picture of some of my family with the banner.

Is there anyway that we can make sure that photos we post on the BBS don't end up in stranger's Marketplace ads?

This happened to me too?
Silentg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wow - things must be REALLY slow at the resort if they have time for this!

I have a personal website I use as a browser launch pad to websites I visit. It's mostly URL links to other pages - no business is transacted through the site, and it's just for my personal browsing convenience. I've had the core site in place for over ten years.

About six months ago I got a "cease and desist" demand email forwarded to me from my service provider. It was from Dollar rent a car. (I have links to several car rental agencies I use.) Dollar claimed I was "diverting business from them" by having the link there, and they demanded I remove the link immediately, or face legal action.

Seriously?? Legal action, for linking directly to their own website? The link is only a bookmark, and leads ONLY to their direct website. If they had bothered to actually look at it, they'd see that. Rather than belabor the point, I removed the link, even though I left the logo image there, until I take time to update the site again and remove the picture.

Talk about it being a slow day at their offices! :shrug:

dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

by default, the default photo on the resort review page will show up on any ad posted for that resort.

many of the resort review photos include photos of members holding the banner, these are public on the banner thread and the main banner page already...however if you do not wish your photo to be listed on the resort review page, we can certainly make that happen for you!

as with any resort, if you feel a photo is inappropriate or outdated please upload a new one using the "upload a photo link right there on the review page....then click the "suggest edit" link on the resort review page to let them know a change is needed!

please email me and let me know which resort it is you wish to have your photo removed from.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also note there is no need to log in (or even be a TUG member) to both upload photos, or send a note about corrections/errors to the review manager. both of these links on every resort review page are open to the public!

attachment.php

Attachments

• reviewpageexample.jpg
    reviewpageexample.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 132

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just PM'd you, but to clarify--I hadn't posted the photo on the review page, only on the bbs banner thread. If TUG is automatically migrating photos from the one site to the other, it needs to be way more explicit about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have removed the banner photo from the resort per your PM.