• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Picked up an RCI extra vacations and got stuck at a sales presentation

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, originally they said $50 to attend. I have no idea why my husband said yes, but I'm quite sure that won't happen again. Then the rep giggled that she had accidentally written down $75. Right.

So we show up the next day and we are asked if we can come back another day and they would up it to $150. We said no so they said that they would up it to $100 and then gives us the "short" 60 minute presentation. But then their representative was free to give us the full 2 hour presentation. I asked her if they were going to up it to the $150 for the full presentation and she told me that her math was bad. Ya think?

So our first offer was 40K DRI points for the low, low price of $8.70 per point ($348,000.) Then we got the "special" on the spot pricing for 15,000 for $49,000 for $3.33 per point. Then they offered to take back our Disney properties if we purchased DRI. Well, that is SO not happening. lol

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just think about how many folks sit thru that same presentation and DONT know they are being fleeced!

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish more owners realized the significance of your point, Brian. When I think about it, my heart drops.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
In a world full of hucksters, thieves, and weasels (all much more polite descriptors than the ones I'd like to use) that is timeshare developer sales, DRI ranks right at the top as the worst of the worst. What a terrible way to make a living--telling lies everyday to people and stealing them blind. Sad.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
What always amazes me is how cheaply people sell themselves and their vacation time to attend a high pressure sales event. $50? $100? $150? That is chump change for a company trying to manipulate people into spending $15,000 to $50,000 or more.

I have routinely refused even when the counter offer has gotten to $200-$250. I might consider going to one (90 minutes max) if they offered to cover my MF for the year.