• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please advise (I still have time to rescind)

Hooper23

Reaction score
Jim what addresses are you referring to, the resort and the address in Arizona?

Hooper23

Reaction score
I tried to get in contact with nano_7 to see if they had any luck. Does anyone know?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim what addresses are you referring to, the resort and the address in Arizona?
It's unlikely that the business office is at the resort. So barring a corporate Mexican address, my guess (and that's what it is) is that such things as rescission, billing of MF, mailing of notices and booking of vacations (y'know, BUSINESS stuff) is probably done at the Arizona address.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hooper23 - I understand that this is confusing, and you are trying to get more info, but at this point, your primary focus should be getting your 2 letters in the mail ASAP.

If you find another address later, you can send another letter, but you shouldn't delay while you wait for more info.

-Use the mailing method that Passepartout recommended: (The Mexican Post Office, called CORREO)
-Get a tracking receipt
-Send letters to both addresses (Mexico and Arizona)
-Include a copy of the main page of the contract.
-Keep copies of the letters

Sample rescission letter:

Gentlemen:

Regarding contract "123" for purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$123." Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife​

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you Denise. What address in Mexico. There is no recitation info in our contract. The address in AZ is for ICE/OVC. Is that the right place to send it to. That's the only address on the contract.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thank you Denise. What address in Mexico. There is no recitation info in our contract. The address in AZ is for ICE/OVC. Is that the right place to send it to. That's the only address on the contract.
I just googled the address for Sunset Beach and it is Predio Paraiso Escondido S/N, Col. Centro, Centro, 23450 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico. I'm not sure to whom it should be addressed. Is there a name or title of the developer on your contract?

I agree that you need to get your letters sent and postmarked today if this is your fifth day.

Also, I'm not sure the ICE/OVC is the correct one but it wouldn't hurt to send them a copy, too.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hooper23 - In your earlier post, you asked if you should send it to the resort address, or the address in Arizona. If you are in doubt, the safest thing to do is to send it to both addresses. There is no harm in sending two letters - the important thing is getting it done promptly.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
There is an office in Phoenix that services the payment of annual maintenance fees. I don't know that they would have anything to do with the rescission but their address is this:
Concord Servicing Corp.
PO Box 29352
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9352

Does that match the address you have for ICE/OVC?

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you Karen and Denise. I will
mail the info to both the resort (Sunset) and the address on the contract in Arizona today. We are staying at one of Pueblo Bonito's other sites, just wanted to make sure I send it to the correct location.

Hooper23

Reaction score
No the address on the contract is
15501 N Dial Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Hooper23

Reaction score
However, when I went to the website the address was different. Still in Scottsdale though.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hooper23 - use the AZ address on the contract. You are over-thinking this. ;)

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you Denise. I'm sure I am. I just so dissappointed that I fell for the scam.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up. There'll be time for celebration when the credit hits your credit card (incidentally, that can take up to 45 stress-inducing days). For now, get thee to the Correo and get those letters in the mail. Then go get a margarita or two.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Denise. I'm sure I am. I just so dissappointed that I fell for the scam.

I agree with Jim - Timeshare sales people (especially those in Mexico) are weasels. They intentionally lie to people all day. Many Tuggers (including me) bought from the developer the first time.

Fortunately, you can still rescind - get it done and you will feel better.

One more point. If you used a credit card, send a copy of the letter to your credit card company along with instructions that you have cancelled the purchase, and the resort cannot submit any more charges to your credit card. This can be done after you get home.

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thank you everyone!! I have spoken to the bank several times seems to be a waiting game. Received an email back from Profeco, but doesn't seem like they can do anything until we mail the letters. Getting everything printed off now then heading the the CORREO. Thanks again!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
After you have the proof of the mailing safely in hand, PROFECO will likely send a follow-up letter to the Mexican address (which they surely have) to show that they are on the case as well. I'm not as concerned since the Mexican resort is Pueblo Bonito rather than some of the lesser players in the game. My feeling is that PB is more honorable, and that even though their product is overpriced (all timeshares- even U.S. ones are), they will honor your rescission and not play games.

Sorry you had to take time from your vacation that you surely had intended for relaxation and enjoyment to deal with a mis-step. One thing it sure- You'll remember it.

Jim

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given the description of what has happened here, I'm not so sure PB is more honorable than any other t/s system. US, MX, or anywhere. I've been around on this BBS for years, and I've seen these shenanigams from most all t/s programs, WW.

I'd bet the rescission instructions were in the PB contract all along--though they perhaps weren't called "rescission instructions."

Last edited:

Hooper23

Reaction score
I've read through the contract and every other document I received multiple times, went to talk to staff at the resort, and tried to pull up the company website. There is nothing. My guess is they have started putting it the packet they mail to you so by the time it is received it is to late to do anything about it. I agree! I no longer think any resort and/or company is above this behavior. I am completely disappointed about this!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read through the contract. . . . .There is nothing. . . . .I no longer think any resort and/or company is above this behavior.
We simply don't know what level of disclosure is required on Mexican contracts. It may be that they can somehow omit that information. We know that Mexican LAW requires a 5-day cooling-off period, it's the notification that's lacking. American developers don't exactly stress the cooling-off period either. They're supposed to, and it's probably on one of those myriad of blanks you initial to indicate you were told, but after hours and hours of high pressure and multiple layers of salesweasels, it's understandable that all the mark wants is to be outta there and unwind.

Jim

Hooper23

Reaction score
Thanks Jim! I have emailed and mailed documents and plan to go by tomorrow to try to get the paper signed. It is clear that they have received the rescission because they have been calling.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they do that when they're trying to save the sale. Hope you didn't answer. We unplug the phones. Nobody you want to talk to will call on the resort phone anyway. I'd not go there if it was me. The letter has done it's magic and those weasels are taught how to counter ANY argument you have for why you should rescind. Don't be glutton for punishment.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks Jim! I have emailed and mailed documents and plan to go by tomorrow to try to get the paper signed. It is clear that they have received the rescission because they have been calling.
There is no need to go and get the copy signed. If you put yourself out there again, their goal will be to get you to change your mind. If you are sure you have done what you need to do to rescind, ignore them going forward.