• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please advise (I still have time to rescind)

Hooper23

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't be sure due to not being given anything about rescission either in writing or verbally. In fact everything says "non cancelable" and "non refundable" which I now know is not true thanks to this group! Everyone has been extremely helpful!!

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Unfortunately, I can't be sure due to not being given anything about rescission either in writing or verbally. In fact everything says "non cancelable" and "non refundable" which I now know is not true thanks to this group! Everyone has been extremely helpful!!
Either my eyes deceive me or you just posted in triplicate. We're not the TS company...we received the first copy and have acknowledged it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If they are calling you all of a sudden now, it isn't because they want to chat. They have other people they would rather be trying to sell to than to talk it up with someone they already sold to. They are calling because they know you are backing out and they want to change their mind.

Hooper23

Reaction score
I'm sure! Once I texted and emailed back that I still am canceling, I received no response.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad to hear of your happy result!

skeptastic

Reaction score
Hello all! Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I am in a similar situation with he exact same company and have a simple question before sending my rescission letter off. I hope you all can help give me peace of mind.

It is extremely difficult to find any addresses in the paperwork provided to me, as you all have mentioned is typical. I did manage to find one address in both the finance agreement and membership agreement, and another in the Preferred application (ICE/OVC address), but am unsure whether sending to these addresses will result in reaching the right department to complete the contract cancellation. The address listed in two separate agreements is written slightly different, which also concerns me bit. I'll list the addresses below and maybe someone can confirm whether sending here would be wise, or if I should send to the address listed on PB's website for the Sunset Beach resort.

Preferred Application:

7720 N Dobson Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85256

Membership Agreement:

Domicilio Conocido SN Centro, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23450, Mexico

Finance Agreement:

Domicilio Conocido SN, Centro, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, CP 23450

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach:

Predio Paraíso Escondido, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, 23450, Mexico

Apologies for the lengthy post and for being a worry wart. We just want to make sure we go through the proper procedure to get this thing canceled and a refund issued. Is it necessary to send a letter to Profeco as well? I read in a different thread on this website that alerting Profeco can sometimes cause the timeshare company to move slowly, as they don't like dealing with Profeco. I am sure notifying them only helps in the long-run. Just checking to make sure we're going about everything properly. I do understand that any letters mailed should be done via CMRR, which we will do. Once we know which addresses we should send to, we will get these in the mail immediately. We signed on 7/23/2019 and are thus two days into our rescission period.

Thank you for your help and I hope you are all well and enjoying life!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Hello all! Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I am in a similar situation with he exact same company and have a simple question before sending my rescission letter off. I hope you all can help give me peace of mind.
I just looked at the Facebook page for Pueblo Bonito owners and found some info that might be helpful. There was a document with contact info for the member services dept. at Sunset Beach:
Marisol García
Pueblo Bonito Resorts
511 E. San Ysidro Blvd. C 570
San Ysidro, CA 92173 USA

Questions: marisol.garcia@pueblobonito.com.mx
Tel. 011 52 624 142 9999 ext. # 8603 US Toll free number 844 726 3623

Now this info was from a document posted in January so Marisol Garcia may or may not still be in that dept. but it would be worth a call or email to make contact. She could advise on the best address to send your rescission letter.

If you do make contact and the addresses and emails are correct, please post here again to help others in your situation.

skeptastic

Reaction score
I just looked at the Facebook page for Pueblo Bonito owners and found some info that might be helpful. There was a document with contact info for the member services dept. at Sunset Beach:
Marisol García
Pueblo Bonito Resorts
511 E. San Ysidro Blvd. C 570
San Ysidro, CA 92173 USA

Questions: marisol.garcia@pueblobonito.com.mx
Tel. 011 52 624 142 9999 ext. # 8603 US Toll free number 844 726 3623

Now this info was from a document posted in January so Marisol Garcia may or may not still be in that dept. but it would be worth a call or email to make contact. She could advise on the best address to send your rescission letter.

If you do make contact and the addresses and emails are correct, please post here again to help others in your situation.

Thank you kindly for your help! I will contact Marisol and/or this office and report back with my findings. I found an email listed by a member in another thread that you started in January, for an Alahandra at the tourist office in Cabo, and another email listed on the cabo tourist center home page. I just sent an email to both of those addresses, explaining our situation and attempting to get confirmation of address/email to send the letter to. I also asked which document, if any, should accompany our rescission letter. Wasn't sure if any parts of the agreement should be copied and included. If you're aware of anything in that regard, I'd be so grateful for your insight! Thank you again!

Last edited:

skeptastic

Reaction score
I just sent off an email and left a voicemail for Marisol. I was unable to dial her extension directly, but was transferred to her voicemail when I asked for her. This leads me to believe she is still working in that office, although the voicemail prompt did not mention her name, nor did she have a formal voicemail message with her own voice. Hopefully, I am able to hear back from her relatively soon. In the meantime, I will call that office back and see if there is someone else who can assist me. Thanks again!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also asked which document, if any, should accompany our rescission letter. Wasn't sure if any parts of the agreement should be copied and included. If you're aware of anything in that regard, I'd be so grateful for your insight! Thank you again!
Your rescission letter can be just a simple statement that you wish to exercise your legal right to rescind your purchase agreement dated xxx. Be sure that everyone who signed the contract also signs the rescission letter. You could include a copy of the first page of your purchase agreement that shows the date, what you purchased, and your signatures.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be sure to watch your timing. Mexican law gives five business days after you purchase in which to rescind. If you don't hear back from anyone at Sunset Beach go ahead and send your rescission letter to all the addresses you have anyway. Send them certified mail so that you have receipts from the post office showing that you rescinded in time. It isn't really necessary to send them return receipt--the date you mail your letter is the key date, not when they receive the letter.

You can keep trying to reach someone by phone or email but get those letters mailed within the five business days to establish that you did rescind in time.

skeptastic

Reaction score
Your rescission letter can be just a simple statement that you wish to exercise your legal right to rescind your purchase agreement dated xxx. Be sure that everyone who signed the contract also signs the rescission letter. You could include a copy of the first page of your purchase agreement that shows the date, what you purchased, and your signatures.

The copies of the agreements we signed do not have our signatures on them. We got copies without signatures. Hope that isn't a problem. : (

Our hard signatures are on the Preferred Application, but not the finance or membership agreement.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The copies of the agreements we signed do not have our signatures on them. We got copies without signatures. Hope that isn't a problem. : (

Our hard signatures are on the Preferred Application, but not the finance or membership agreement.
Probably not a problem--you could include or not include copies of any of the documents. The main thing is get that letter mailed--your names, dates of purchase, and what you purchased are the biggies.

skeptastic

Reaction score
Be sure to watch your timing. Mexican law gives five business days after you purchase in which to rescind. If you don't hear back from anyone at Sunset Beach go ahead and send your rescission letter to all the addresses you have anyway. Send them certified mail so that you have receipts from the post office showing that you rescinded in time. It isn't really necessary to send them return receipt--the date you mail your letter is the key date, not when they receive the letter.

You can keep trying to reach someone by phone or email but get those letters mailed within the five business days to establish that you did rescind in time.

Absolutely! My plan was always to get as much info as possible today, but get the letters out no later than tomorrow. In the end, sending to four addresses cannot hurt, it'll just cost a bit more than sending to one address.

Do I need to send to Profeco as well? Difficult to find an address or email address for them. And lastly, you're saying it is not necessary to send with a return receipt, just certified mail? How will I ensure they've received it? Thanks again for all of your help!

skeptastic

Reaction score
Probably not a problem--you could include or not include copies of any of the documents. The main thing is get that letter mailed--your names, dates of purchase, and what you purchased are the biggies.

Okay great. How should I specify what we purchased in the letter? This is what I have so far:

Contract Number:

Name on Contract/Member Name

Date of Contract: July 23, 2019

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept this letter as notice that we would like to cancel our contract (number 30-******), which was activated on July 23, 2019. Today is July 25, 2019. We are within the 5 business day rescission period that is given to us under Mexican law to cancel this contract without penalty. The law also states that you are to refund us the full amount of the deposit, without penalty, within 15 days. The deposit was taken out of our credit card account using our Capital One Mastercard. There were 2 separate charges made – one for $1071.00 United States dollars, and the other for $139.00 United States dollars, for a total of $1210.00 United States dollars.

I basically copied the template used by Hooper23 earlier in this thread, changing dates and amounts of course. I did not include the portion Hooper23 did regarding Profeco, as I have not yet been in contact with them. That is what is holding up me finishing the letter, though I definitely do not plan to wait to hear from them to send the letter. Please feel free to advise if I am missing anything from the letter, and/or if I should just include the front page of the agreement as a means of showing what we purchased.

As always, your help is so appreciated!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your letter looks great. You've covered all the pertinent facts and it looks good to go. By having the contract number they can easily see what you purchased.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How will I ensure they've received it? Thanks again for all of your help!
It's not your problem. You'll have proof you mailed it in time. If you then need to deal with your credit card company to get your refund, you'll have your letter and proof of mailing. If Pueblo Bonito contacts you, you'll have your letter and proof of mailing it in time.

Also, if you come across any good way to contact Profeco, please let me know. They have changed their website to all in Spanish and I've tried to contact them several times to get an English version--all to no avail.

skeptastic

Reaction score
Your letter looks great. You've covered all the pertinent facts and it looks good to go. By having the contract number they can easily see what you purchased.

Fantastic, thank you! So, no need to include the cover page of the agreement? Might be a good idea even if not necessary. Let me know what you think. You're great!

skeptastic

Reaction score
It's not your problem. You'll have proof you mailed it in time. If you then need to deal with your credit card company to get your refund, you'll have your letter and proof of mailing. If Pueblo Bonito contacts you, you'll have your letter and proof of mailing it in time.

Also, if you come across any good way to contact Profeco, please let me know. They have changed their website to all in Spanish and I've tried to contact them several times to get an English version--all to no avail.

Okay great. That makes sense. If they don't receive it, proof that it was mailed within the rescission period means that I will simply have to furnish it again, should they state that they never received it. The letter(s) with date stamp is all that that is needed. Perfect!

I did discover that if you use Chrome as your browser and go to the Profeco website, you will immediately be prompted and asked if you'd like to translate the entire site into English. I deleted this option and it worked like a charm. Even then, however, I had a terrible time navigating their website and finding contact information. Give Google Chrome a try and let us know if you find worthy contact info!

skeptastic

Reaction score
Updated Letter:

Contract Number:

Name on Contract/Member Name:

Date of Contract:

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept this letter as notice that we would like to cancel our contract (number 30-******), which was activated on July 23, 2019. Today is July 25, 2019. We are within the 5 business day rescission period that is given to us under Mexican law to cancel this contract without penalty. The law also states that you are to refund us the full amount of the deposit, without penalty, within 15 days. The deposit was taken out of our credit card account using our Capital One Mastercard. There were 2 separate charges made – one for $1071.00 United States dollars, and the other for $139.00 United States dollars, for a total of $1210.00 United States dollars. We will also be mailing a certified copy of this letter to Profeco. Thank you for your time and the prompt cancellation of the contract referenced above.

With Thanks,

Look good enough to be a final version, or should I perhaps leave out the Profeco letter piece, as I don't currently have an address to send anything to Profeco? Just don't want to make a mistake. Thank you!

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Look good enough to be a final version, or should I perhaps leave out the Profeco letter piece, as I don't currently have an address to send anything to Profeco? Just don't want to make a mistake. Thank you!
It looks great to me & I think I'd leave in the Profeco notation. Then if you later need to notify Profeco you can do so.

Be sure that everyone who signed the contract signs the letter.

Last edited: