• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a SVV Bella for $1.00 and had no problem, no ROFR

Pdhillon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin kaanapali ocean villas
Whistler vacation club twin peaks
Just closed our deal and Vistana did not exercise ROFR!

WKORV-N - Event Week 51 - Annual usage - 2 bdrm lock off - island view - $17k . We were happily shocked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That's amazing! Congrats! In the years that you don't use it, it will be a very good renter at higher than the usual rate.

dyi27308

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Annual WKORV OFD
On March 15, 2017, Vistana exercised ROFR on a WPORV, EOYO. Working with Syed, the offer was $6400.00 which included $5000.00 offer amount and $1400 reimbursement for 2017 maintanence fee,which included 2017 usage. The seller bought from the developer so it must have been hard for them to see Vistana buying it back for a fraction of the initial cost.

kobidobi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking to buy a WKORV OFC unit and I just followed up on a listing that was recently sold on Redweek through their service team for $34900. The agent informed me that Vistana waived ROFR.

Mike Y

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just closed on a WKORV 2bd Lock off deluxe corner for $11k. Maininence fees = $3k. Westin waived ROFR 11 days in. I was scared that we'd lose it for that price, but I wonder if they've been aggressive earlier in the year and now not so much, or with the high MF for the deluxe corner, they figured a bird in that hand is best option.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Hi everyone. Just closed on a WKORV 2bd Lock off deluxe corner for $11k. Maininence fees = $3k. Westin waived ROFR 11 days in. I was scared that we'd lose it for that price, but I wonder if they've been aggressive earlier in the year and now not so much, ...

Was this a platinum annual or EOY OF unit?

I have been considering WKORV or WKORV-N but two factors have been causing me to pause:

1) the high maintenance fee - why is Vistana almost $1000 more expensive annually than a 2 BDRM at HGVC in Hilton Honolulu?
2) Uncertainty over what Interval International will do with Vistana.

Last edited:

Grandma2016

Reaction score
We currently have an offer in for WKORV North OF annual usage week 52. Into our 2nd week waiting to see if they exercise their ROFR. I will keep you posted. Will probably find out the outcome while we are in Maui!!!!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

I have been considering WKORV or WKORV-N but two factors have been causing me to pause:

1) the high maintenance fee - why is Vistana almost $1000 more expensive annually than a 2 BDRM at HGVC in Hilton Honolulu?
It's Westin, so they can. And it's a lockoff, and not in a high-rise. And it's West Maui, a highly desired area. Plus the property taxes are very high for Maui (thanks to a Mayor and city council that doesn't particularly care to have timeshares on the island).

I just advised my sister to buy Westin, if she wants Westin and oceanfront, and she was aghast at the resale prices. I told her, "IT'S THE WESTIN."

Mike Y

Reaction score

Yes- annual, platinum plus- weeks 1-50

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's Westin, so they can. And it's a lockoff, and not in a high-rise. And it's West Maui, a highly desired area. Plus the property taxes are very high for Maui (thanks to a Mayor and city council that doesn't particularly care to have timeshares on the island).

Maui is desirable and expensive but so is Honolulu - There are OV condos in front of the Ala Moana next door to Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV) OF/OV units selling for $20 million. (Albeit different vibes but some people will prefer Maui and others will prefer HNL - so personal preference is a wash.)

The resale costs are roughly equivalent, so it begs the question as to why Westin maintenance is about $1000 more per year...

I am comparing maintenance fees that cover operating costs so I don't think there are significant differences in Lock-off or high-rise. Besides HHV HGVC also has 2 Bdrm lock-offs.
Are owners paying higher licensing fees for the Westin Brand than the Hilton Brand?
Are the Westins run less efficiently than HGVC units?
Are Westin managers taking bigger salaries?
On the other hand, Hilton has owned HHV since mid 1900s so perhaps property taxes and land costs are grandfathered?

If anyone has access to the WKROV or WKROV-N HOA operating budget, it would be good to compare so we can understand where the $1000 difference comes from.

Mike Y

Reaction score
We currently have an offer in for WKORV North OF annual usage week 52. Into our 2nd week waiting to see if they exercise their ROFR. I will keep you posted. Will probably find out the outcome while we are in Maui!!!!!
Good luck! May I ask you offer price? I tried for an OF, but wife wouldn't let me go much beyond.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Well, we are going to be on Oahu at one of the Hilton resorts next year, and then I can compare apples to apples, but I cannot compare without staying. We did stay at Hilton Kingsland and Hilton's Kohala Suites. I thought those units were a few steps down from the Westin units and grounds. Proximity to the ocean and the beautiful beach by the Westin Ka'anapali resorts makes the Westin a gorgeous property.

We have stayed at the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk before, and I didn't particularly like staying downtown.

Of course, we own at a dump in comparison to the Westin and to the Hilton.

Hilton is building its resort in Kihei, not West Maui. I don't know why people do not like Kihei. I like that area.

But we love where we own, and our lanai is 35 feet to the ocean, and it's in West Maui.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Hi everyone. Just closed on a WKORV 2bd Lock off deluxe corner for $11k. Maininence fees = $3k.

The resale costs are roughly equivalent, so it begs the question as to why Westin maintenance is about $1000 more per year...
If anyone has access to the WKROV or WKROV-N HOA operating budget, it would be good to compare so we can understand where the $1000 difference comes from.

A typical WKORV "premium" two bedroom unit is about 1400 square feet, including lanai; the current MF's are $2,265.

About 20% of the WKORV two bedroom units are "deluxe" units, meaning they are a few hundred square feet larger and come with about $800 higher MF's (MF's at WKORV are in proportion to square footage).

Was this $1000 more amount is based on the atypical deluxe unit? What are the MF's for a two bedroom unit at the HGVC's on Oahu?

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A typical WKORV "premium" two bedroom unit is about 1400 square feet, including lanai; the current MF's are $2,265.

About 20% of the WKORV two bedroom units are "deluxe" units, meaning they are a few hundred square feet larger and come with about $800 higher MF's (MF's at WKORV are in proportion to square footage).

Was this $1000 more amount is based on the atypical deluxe unit? What are the MF's for a two bedroom unit at the HGVC's on Oahu?
Is that $2,265 with taxes included? Property taxes must be crazy for the Westin. Mine at Hono Koa are $280 per year.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Is that $2,265 with taxes included? Property taxes must be crazy for the Westin. Mine at Hono Koa are $280 per year.

Yes, taxes are included.

SVM/VSE fee not included: about $140 for the first Vistana mandatory property, about $50 for the second, additional ones are "free".

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

I was comparing primarily 2 bdrm OV and OF units on the WKORV North property which run at about $2722 per year.

As requested, here is a comparison to Hilton Hawaiian Village Maint Fees (many thanks to TUG to enable this analysis):

Grand Islander (newly built) 2 BDRM Penthouse (view of Diamond Head) = $1897/year

Lagoon 2 BDRM OV $1582/year
Lagoon 2 Bdrm (2 Story) Penthouse = $1984/year
Lagoon 3 Bdrm (2 Story) Penthouse = $2387/year

Grand Waikikian 2Bdrm Plus/Premier OV = $1537
Grand Waikikian 2BDRM Penthouse $2997

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes- annual, platinum plus- weeks 1-50

Is this Deluxe villa an OF, OV, or IV? There are 3 view types (this is of key importance...).

Based on price - I assume that this is not OF.

Grandma2016

Reaction score
Just arrived in Maui today and got notification vistana did not exercise their FROR. Syed had told me they had until Monday but email came today. We picked up WKORV north Oceanfront annual usage week 52 for 30k. I feel like this was a steal.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a bargain!
We picked up WKORV north Oceanfront annual usage week 52 for 30k.

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're currently/have ever exercised ROFR on Flex points? The resale info sheet says it's an option but I've been unable to find info on if it's being used. Thanks in advance!

AlmTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas Strip, WKORV
Hi, Vistana just ROFR'd WKORV 1 Bd Premium Ocean View for $5995 :(

AlmTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas Strip, WKORV
Inquired about another WKORV 1 Bd Premium Ocean View