• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Poll added - see post 1] Can resorts increase the VALUE of their product???

How much would you pay for an elite AI mega-resort being built in your favorite area?

• Total voters

sally13

Banned
Reaction score
well...

you see..
Alans broken record ,and my broken record, have a differing viepoint on how and where the future will play out...

Alans broken record is allowed to play on every post, loud and clear ,unchallenged, because most all here, would like for it to remain true..and agree with its gist..

I think a billion $ plus industry will have something to say about that!

That is something that most here, do not want to even think about.....I have had changes happen that dramaticly decrease the usefullness and value of my holdings,to counter this I have shifted into fixed weeks and top tier resorts..this may not protect me fully ,but gives me a leg up when the new changes happen..thats all

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I said "pounded" because you have a tendency to post the same thing over and over, rather than moving on to new topics. Frankly, it gets old and you aren't making any headway.

There are a multitude of other topics on TUG that you might enjoy getting involved in.

I think its great that sally does all her posting on this thread.

sally13

Banned
Reaction score
The poll..

is useless,.........as a top tier resort is almost never all inclusive....,(UNLIKE the one described in this thread)...And does not have to be large or mega...Why would that matter in quality??..Size is a factor ,but if managed wrong (like Vistana WAS) it is really a drawback..Vistana has been rebirthed,and should be a template for how a resort can become desirable ,once it has lost its following..

sally13

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks AM1..

Its comments like yours that are kind, even if you do not fully agree with me....in contrast to what bnoble just( had to post,)...comparing me with a train wreck..for whatever mean reason it was..

dan_hoog

TUG Member
Reaction score
:rofl:

Message was too short, though complete, with just the emoticon.

Thanks Am1... Its comments like yours that are kind, even if you do not fully agree with me....in contrast to what bnoble just( had to post,)...comparing me with a train wreck..for whatever mean reason it was..

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
:rofl:

Message was too short, though complete, with just the emoticon.

Yeah - I don't think Sally read between the lines on that one....

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am to move on...then the nice folks should stop asking,for my opinion....but until then,I shall defend my viewpoint..

OH! I get it NOW! All we have to do for you to move on is to AGREE with you!

Sheesh, and you called me infantile!

This could turn into the longest running TUG thread ever of no one exchanging meaningful information or modifying their opinions.

sally13

Banned
Reaction score
well..I

I rushed through that post..but GET IT now....glad to be your dog to kick...hope you all have fun..

you really are a mean spirited bunch here...I think I am done now for a while..Its not fun when you always are having to watch out for sly,coy,deceptive ,little digs..I must rethink the VALUE and character of the folks I am spending time with...

I NEVER asked or expected any of you to MUST agree with me...just that you respect my right to have an opinion,and to debate in a respectfull manor..thats all

Last edited:

dan_hoog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sally,

I just thought it was funny, given many people suggest you are mostly in broadcast only mode (my words, my interpretation).

No need to read more into it than that.

-Dan

I rushed through that post..but GET IT now....glad to be your dog to kick...hope you all have fun..

you really are a mean spirited bunch here...I think I am done now for a while..Its not fun when you always are having to watch out for sly,coy,deceptive ,little digs..I must rethink the VALUE and character of the folks I am spending time with...

I NEVER asked or expected any of you to MUST agree with me...just that you respect my right to have an opinion,and to debate in a respectfull manor..thats all

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Food for thought...

Originally Posted by sally13 View Post

I have had Sally on ignore since my last interaction with her many pages ago on this thread...(BTW, the ignore function works really well folks)

After enjoying the warmth and golf of Fort Myers for a few days and then a work trip to LA, I just had the opportunity to get caught up on the interactions on this thread over the past week or so....

I participate in another (non timeshare) message board - that board often has lively debate ... and usually without hurt feelings.

The rules of engagement on that board are this:

"People (i.e., Posters) are always to be treated with respect...

On the other hand - Ideas and opinions are to be beaten to within a inch of their life..."

Just a thought.

Safe travels.

bbb

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have had Sally on ignore since my last interaction with her many pages ago on this thread...(BTW, the ignore function works really well folks)

After enjoying the warmth and golf of Fort Myers for a few days and then a work trip to LA, I just had the opportunity to get caught up on the interactions on this thread over the past week or so....

I participate in another (non timeshare) message board - that board often has lively debate ... and usually without hurt feelings.

The rules of engagement on that board are this:

"People (i.e., Posters) are always to be treated with respect...

On the other hand - Ideas and opinions are to be beaten to within a inch of their life..."

Just a thought.

Safe travels.

bbb

I agree with you. I participate on several message boards that we can beat up ideas without beating up the messenger. The trouble is that most people cannot compete in the arena of ideas.

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this thread has gotten too long for most people to read through so here's a recap to keep everyone up to do speed. One side believes that...

1) Everybody wants a first class vacation at in which they are pampered with massages, unlimited cocktails, and free rounds of golf. You are lying if you say you don't.

2) People who buy resale should be treated as second class citizens, especially those who buy $1 ebay resales. These are the type of people that piss themselves in the pool and enjoy lounging on 30 year old couches.

3) Resale buyers need to be kept as far away as possible from nice expensive resorts. They are without moral, manners, or class. The number one way to raise value of resorts is to keep these low life people out.

4) Developer sales should retain full resort privilege with the best views, pools, and amenities. Dumpster views should be especially built and reserved for anyone with the audacity to purchase second hand.

5) If you don't buy a top tier timeshare resort retail you are foolish. Some people however have the foresight to accurately predict future economic events especially in the unpredictable, ever changing world of timeshares.

6) Tug members tend to be narrow minded, cheapskate, followers who don't have the independent thinking necessary to see the truth about the timeshare industry.

Then you have the other side who thinks these ideas fall somewhere between ludicrous and hilarious. There is something about the ridiculousness of this thread which is turning it viral. For me reading this thread is a guilty pleasure which provides entertainment much like a reality show... :hysterical:

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know this thread has gotten too long for most people to read through so here's a recap to keep everyone up to do speed. One side believes that...

1) Everybody wants a first class vacation at in which they are pampered with massages, unlimited cocktails, and free rounds of golf. You are lying if you say you don't.

2) People who buy resale should be treated as second class citizens, especially those who buy $1 ebay resales. These are the type of people that piss themselves in the pool and enjoy lounging on 30 year old couches.

3) Resale buyers need to be kept as far away as possible from nice expensive resorts. They are without moral, manners, or class. The number one way to raise value of resorts is to keep these low life people out.

4) Developer sales should retain full resort privilege with the best views, pools, and amenities. Dumpster views should be especially built and reserved for anyone with the audacity to purchase second hand.

5) If you don't buy a top tier timeshare resort retail you are foolish. Some people however have the foresight to accurately predict future economic events especially in the unpredictable, ever changing world of timeshares.

6) Tug members tend to be narrow minded, cheapskate, followers who don't have the independent thinking necessary to see the truth about the timeshare industry.

Then you have the other side who thinks these ideas fall somewhere between ludicrous and hilarious. There is something about the ridiculousness of this thread which is turning it viral. For me reading this thread is a guilty pleasure which provides entertainment much like a reality show... :hysterical:

You did a pretty good job of summarizing this thread. I feel exactly the same way about this thread. It is rather entertaining like a reality show.

Item #1 doesn't fit us at all. We don't drink adult beverages, don't play golf, and have no interest in massages. However we do like first class resorts, with room service, at least daily housekeeping, good restaurants, and excellent service. We don't care about kitchens or activities. That is why we spend far more time in upper scale resort hotels.

I don't care who paid what or what amenities they get. I only care that we get what we want. If somebody got it for free, then good for them. Timesharing is just another vacation option and is not that important in the big picture.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I know this thread has gotten too long for most people to read through so here's a recap to keep everyone up to do speed

Your service to TUG is recognized and commended! :clap:

I think I can delete the rest of the thread now and save a lot of space!

Dumb question - what is your avatar?

Last edited:

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dumb question - what is your avatar?

That would be Johnny Depp playing Hunter S. Thompson in the movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegs." For better or worse, Las Vegas is the place I bought my first timeshare so it's somewhat symbolic of my timeshare journey.

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care who paid what or what amenities they get. I only care that we get what we want. If somebody got it for free, then good for them. Timesharing is just another vacation option and is not that important in the big picture.

You have been doing this along time and I respect and agree with the opinion that everyone should travel in a manner that works for them.

If I had to choose between luxury accommodations or a motel 6, of course I would choose the upscale option... But to me the natural wonders of a destination far exceed anything a developer can offer. The Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, Caribbean Beaches, Hwy 1 along the California coastline, East Coast historical sites, Australian Reefs, Lake Tahoe, The Great Northwest, Myrtle Beach, Cape Cod, Old World Europe, Hawaiian Islands, and of course the Floridian tourist trap!!

Why would I want to be stuck in the same place every year when there is a whole world to explore? Why would I want to trade down from a top tier resort into a silver crown studio when I can consistently trade up?That's my preferred method of vacation.

Maybe it doesn't work for others, but that's not my concern. Isn't it annoying when others shove down your throat the way you should be spending your money and vacationing? Patronizing those who prefer to not spend $50k on a timeshare is downright snobbish. I won't attack the individual, but rather the propaganda being spread. It's almost as bad as anything I've heard at a timeshare presentation.

Sorry for the rant... I just wanted to keep this thread going for my own personal entertainment!! :wave:

sally13

Banned
Reaction score
Prickler...

You get my final post on this thread...You have put together a nice (out of context) list of some of the topics covered here..your generalizations and bully like tactics on free speech are legendary....you sir, are no service to any one, in that.... you seek to distort..:) It has been fun,..The reality show has been in how each of you has responded to my (TUG given) right to post any opinion that I feel fit to..and your lack of tolerance for an opposing view!....so long:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Context, Shmontext.

(out of context)
Hey, wait a minute.

Even though you complain of abuse & unfair treatment, the truth is people's responses (plenty of'm) pointed to particular problems with some of your repeated claims. Then, instead of addressing those responses, you just kept on making the same claims while adding that you felt unappreciated.

For just 1 example, you still have not come to grips with the reality that The Timeshare Industry is 1 thing & successful high-quality timeshare resorts are something else again -- the 2 are not 1 & the same, far from it. Yet your follow-on entries just went on equating the 2 willy-nilly without even saying something like "I See What You Mean," or "They Are Too 1 & The Same & Here's Why," etc.

So you're going away mad over perceived mistreatment & feelings of disrespect while other participants in the discussion see no debate at all, but instead just a repeated string of strongly held views that are both unsupported by reality and disconnected from engagement with any of the opposing ideas that have been put forward.

It's a free country (and a free web site), so it's totally OK to go away mad if that's what floats your boat. But, really, that's a shame because in there with all the unsupported suppositions you've offered are some provocative ideas that have led others to think about how timeshares work & what they're worth & how they relate (if they relate) to The Timeshare Industry, etc. You have generally met people's considered responses with more of the same -- also OK, but not exactly sound grounds for claiming mistreatment & disrespect.

Based on your out-of-the-mainstream timeshare ideas, I would have hoped for a real debate instead of what we got. So it goes.

In any case, you are still among friends & I hope you will feel free to come on back & jump in again any time for some real back & forth

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

Even though you complain of abuse & unfair treatment, the truth is people's responses (plenty of'm) pointed to particular problems with some of your repeated claims. Then, instead of addressing those responses, you just kept on making the same claims while adding that you felt unappreciated.

For just 1 example, you still have not come to grips with the reality that The Timeshare Industry is 1 thing & successful high-quality timeshare resorts are something else again -- the 2 are not 1 & the same, far from it. Yet your follow-on entries just went on equating the 2 willy-nilly without even saying something like "I See What You Mean," or "They Are Too 1 & The Same & Here's Why," etc.

So you're going away mad over perceived mistreatment & feelings of disrespect while other participants in the discussion see no debate at all, but instead just a repeated string of strongly held views that are both unsupported by reality and disconnected from engagement with any of the opposing ideas that have been put forward.

It's a free country (and a free web site), so it's totally OK to go away mad if that's what floats your boat. But, really, that's a shame because in there with all the unsupported suppositions you've offered are some provocative ideas that have led others to think about how timeshares work & what they're worth & how they relate (if they relate) to The Timeshare Industry, etc. You have generally met people's considered responses with more of the same -- also OK, but not exactly sound grounds for claiming mistreatment & disrespect.

Based on your out-of-the-mainstream timeshare ideas, I would have hoped for a real debate instead of what we got. So it goes.

In any case, you are still among friends & I hope you will feel free to come on back & jump in again any time for some real back & forth

Nice post, Alan...

I like you more and more...:)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The Best Of Both Worlds.

If I had to choose between luxury accommodations or a motel 6, of course I would choose the upscale option.
What I really like -- made possible by resale timeshares & Last Call, etc. -- is luxury timeshare accommodations at Motel 6 & Super 8 rates.

Is this a great country or what ?

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get my final post on this thread...

I'm honored...

You have put together a nice (out of context) list of some of the topics covered here..your generalizations and bully like tactics on free speech are legendary....

My list (while very much a generalization) was very much in the context of what I have been reading in this thread over and over and over and over again

To call me a bully with regards to your free speech is without merit. I never threatened, censored, or called you names nor would I consider myself legendary.

you sir, are no service to any one, in that.... you seek to distort..:)

I seek the truth, but will admit to sarcasm.

It has been fun,..The reality show has been in how each of you has responded to my (TUG given) right to post any opinion that I feel fit to..and your lack of tolerance for an opposing view!....so long:wave:

It has been fun, even if aggravating at times!! I apologize to everyone on this board (including you) for running you off. That was not my intention. See you on the next, "What can developers do to screw people next?" thread. :wave:

Noni

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gosh, I'm going to miss her. All those random, opinionated thoughts were very amusing, to say the least. Oh well, there'll be another day, I guess.

Prickler, that last post was good. There were many good posts on this long thread. How did you have the patience to read through a lot of the posts in order to reply. Amazing.

By the way, we're headed to our slum, no class timeshare this summer.

We like it.