• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerto Vallarta should we go?

wegottago

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are scheduled to leave for Nuevo Vallarta on Friday. But with the Franklin tropical storm we're debating whether we should go or not. I'm getting different percentages of rain. Help! What do you think?

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's ultimately your call, but that storm has to cross a whole lot of land and mountains before it come out on the other side of Mexico. You'll probably get something from it, but....

wegottago

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's ultimately your call, but that storm has to cross a whole lot of land and mountains before it come out on the other side of Mexico. You'll probably get something from it, but....

But what?? I'm curious what you were going to say

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer is rainy season in Mexico. You obviously didn't care about that. Looking at the track of Franklin I'm not sure it would be more that a little more rain.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
We are scheduled to leave for Nuevo Vallarta on Friday. But with the Franklin tropical storm we're debating whether we should go or not. I'm getting different percentages of rain. Help! What do you think?

It's your call of course. Personally I would go. It is rainy season but it rarely bothers us as it rains mainly at night and makes the following day cooler. Yea, you might get a little more rain but will be cooler if so.

We just got back last week; 80% chance of rain each day and it never bothered us at all.

Mike

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just that weather is weather, you never really know. Doubt it will really be a factor. We used to go to the Riviera Maya at the end of July (for years) and never had a problem.

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just came back from Puerto Vallarta on Friday. We were there for two weeks. The forecast said thunderstorm everyday but we only really had two nights of rain. The days were sunny. One night it was crazy stormy but the locals weren't fazed at all.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We would go. Franklin started over the Gulf of Mexico and will be going over the mountains and that will lessen the intensity. It will be a big rain storm. As we used to say - A rainy day at the beach beats a sunny day at work! :)

You can always check with the airline. If it is too bad, they will cancel flights and make the decision for you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My comment is not specific to Franklin or other tropical storms - but

We have noticed - that what is called " mostly cloudy" in a PV - 7 day forecast -
is what Cdn weather channels would call " mostly sunny "