• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase Timeline New Owner

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
called title services again. said Wyndham had everything and documents were forwarded to title services on August 16, 2016. Said it would be 4-6 weeks from the Aug. 16 date.

He said it would be any day and that things were still moving. He thought next week things would have gone through and to call back then.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
called title services again. said Wyndham had everything and documents were forwarded to title services on August 16, 2016. Said it would be 4-6 weeks from the Aug. 16 date.

He said it would be any day and that things were still moving. He thought next week things would have gone through and to call back then.
You can also call Wyndham Title and Transfer...ask them if they have received everything, what day they received the paperwork, and what day they are currently processing. That'll help you know approximately when your contract will be processed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also call Wyndham Title and Transfer...ask them if they have received everything, what day they received the paperwork, and what day they are currently processing. That'll help you know approximately when your contract will be processed.

I called and asked what date they were reviewing contracts on. They told me that they already reviewed my contract on September 9 so now we are just waiting out the 4-6 weeks.

If I were the seller I would be livid. The seller has to continue paying MF even though it is sold, recorded, and reviewed. As the buyer I have to be concerned that the deal that I struck (all even use year points) is still valid.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were the seller I would be livid. The seller has to continue paying MF even though it is sold, recorded, and reviewed.

Don't assume that the seller will pay all mf.

I have been billed for 1-2 months fees a month or more after closing.
The last one was early this year and they charged me for a couple of processing fees that I hadn't seen before. It's my final contract with them, so I just paid it so that my current reservations didn't get messed up.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't assume that the seller will pay all mf.

I have been billed for 1-2 months fees a month or more after closing.
The last one was early this year and they charged me for a couple of processing fees that I hadn't seen before. It's my final contract with them, so I just paid it so that my current reservations didn't get messed up.

I'm trying to stay on top of this. I had my first contract close about a month ago. I set up recurring payments for MF. I've never received one piece of mail from them but I did see that they managed to collect MF. If I hadn't been a squeaky wheel I would have no idea that my account was even set up.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay on top of this. I had my first contract close about a month ago. I set up recurring payments for MF. I've never received one piece of mail from them but I did see that they managed to collect MF.

I had the same thing happen to me. Eventually they should mail you a welcoming letter.

On that last mf bill that I talked about, I now recall that they said that an audit discovered that I owed mf, so they billed me and added fees. I was close to a vacation, so I just paid it. I did have them waive a fee once.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay on top of this. I had my first contract close about a month ago. I set up recurring payments for MF. I've never received one piece of mail from them but I did see that they managed to collect MF. If I hadn't been a squeaky wheel I would have no idea that my account was even set up.
Same thing for me....i called customer service just a couple days after my account was ready (with my first purchase). They gave me all the pertinent info for me to get online, etc.

Set up auto withdrawal for MFs...those came out twice before I ever got written notification from Wyndham that I was officially an owner.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Logged onto my wyndham site and the 254k contract was added to my owner summary.

Feels like this one took a lot longer but glad its completed.

Hope this thread helps new/prospective owners on the time involved in purchasing/aquiring wyndham points.

I'm thinking that the time is soley so wyndham can charge MFs while no use can occur. That said OC and Title Services were always nice when I called.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
2nd Contract:
Purchased: July 19, 2016
254,000 points annually. 2016 points fully available.
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller: Timeshares4u (Ebay)

July 19, 2016 - purchased ebay
July 20, 2016 - returned documents needed to seller/title company.
Aug. 10, 2016 - letter from wyndham arrives (needs to be notarized)
Aug. 12, 2016 - mailed letter to wyndham
Aug. 18, 2016 - letter arrives at wyndham title services
Sep. 23, 2016 - latest contact shows on wyndham site as ready for use

Total Days: 44

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
545,000 points annually. 2016 points fully available.
Resort : Wyndham Club Access
Seller: Discount Timeshares (Ebay)

Timeline:

Purchased: June 8, 2016
July 1, 2016 - Wyndham Sends Assignment of Contract and Assumption Agreement
July 12, 2016 - Letter Arrives
July 13, 2016 - letter notarized and sent to closing company
July 15, 2016 - Timeshare Closing Services, Inc. sends via email: Buyers Closing Statement, Membership Compliance Agreement, Membership Occupancy Disclosure, New Owner Setup Information, Requested Drivers License Copy.
July 17, 2016 - Signed, scanned and emailed back to Closing Company.
July 25, 2016 - document arrive at wyndham title services
Aug. 10, 2016 - called wyndham and received member number/contract number and was able to log in and book.

Total Days: 40 Days

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I was surprised to see that my use year on the new contract did not get adjusted. I thought I read that wyndham was switching use years to Jan 1 on transfers.

545 - Jan 1
254 - March 1 (thought it would have changed to Jan 1.

Either Way is fine.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see that my use year on the new contract did not get adjusted. I thought I read that wyndham was switching use years to Jan 1 on transfers.
e.

They did change one of mine.
If you request a change, they might compensate you with points.

As you probably know, Wndham is locking out members that have canceled reservations and through no fault of their own had the point life extended by going into another use year.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If you request a change, they might compensate you with points.

Of course, then they might lock your account while they try to figure out how you have more points in your account than you're supposed to...

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
I called and requested our use years be all the same and they adjusted for us.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I called and requested our use years be all the same and they adjusted for us.

Thanks I'll call and ask on monday. I'm not planning on using the points till th end of 2017 but would make tracking/accounting for my points easier if they enter and expire at the same time.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
So I called Wyndham OC this evening to see about aligning my use years. OC rep says sure. Puts me on hold and after 5 minutes comes back and says your use years are now aligned and new points will be available Jan 1, 2018.

I realize that I would have to wait a whole year to use the points vs. Mar 1 2017 - 2018 for the 254k as the contract was sold.

I explained this to the rep and he said it was better to keep them as is. He reverted them back to a staggered.

All the time very nice and helpful.

Here is what my points summary is Points Summary:
2018 Total
Travel From Expiration Points Description Points Available
Available
Apr 1, 2017 Mar 31, 2018 Regular 254,000
Jan 1, 2018 Dec 31, 2018 Regular 545,000

Lesson learned. Ask before you go align use years. Luckily I caught and rep was able to revert back.

That would have sucked to wait an additional year to use points.....:wall::wall::wall:

Hope this helps the next person.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least they gave you the points. I bought at contract in May. Wyndham has had it for over a month. I still have no points. I'm going to dump them in RCI anyway so I'll let it slide until December.

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
So I called Wyndham OC this evening to see about aligning my use years. OC rep says sure. Puts me on hold and after 5 minutes comes back and says your use years are now aligned and new points will be available Jan 1, 2018.

I realize that I would have to wait a whole year to use the points vs. Mar 1 2017 - 2018 for the 254k as the contract was sold.

I explained this to the rep and he said it was better to keep them as is. He reverted them back to a staggered.

2018 Total
Available

Lesson learned. Ask before you go align use years. Luckily I caught and rep was able to revert back.

That would have sucked to wait an additional year to use points.....:wall::wall::wall:

3 of my contracts were Jan 1 anniversary. One was October. I asked them if they could align them all to Jan 1st and the did. 2016 points now expire 12/31/16 and my 2017 and 2018 points all begin on Jan 1 of that year.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
At least they gave you the points. I bought at contract in May. Wyndham has had it for over a month. I still have no points. I'm going to dump them in RCI anyway so I'll let it slide until December.

wow that stinks. Sorry to hear that.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Check with them to make sure they didn't give you a separate, new membership number for that one contract. Sometimes these don't end up under your existing member number. If this is the case, it is easy to merge with a phone call to the title department and a follow-up fax requesting the merge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Check with them to make sure they didn't give you a separate, new membership number for that one contract. Sometimes these don't end up under your existing member number. If this is the case, it is easy to merge with a phone call to the title department and a follow-up fax requesting the merge.

they both (old & new purchased) show under my current wyndham owners account so they both are linked to me.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
[post deleted]

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
So it sounds like the contract is there but the points are not. Chances are, then, that you bought a stripped contract in which all the current use year points were already used. Do you see 2017 or 2018 points that correspond to this new contract?

yes I get points starting Apr. 1, 2017 - Mar. 31, 2018

Points used/stripped from current year yes - next year available.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

2018 Total
Available

The reason for that is the March points are in the 2017 year now. Wyndham's use year goes by when the points end, not begin. So anybody with a March, July or September use year are using their 2017 points now. When you use those March points coming up they will actually be your 2018 points.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

Check your use year on those, if it's not January you will still have time to use them. Anybody know if Owner Care will make a reservation for Bendadin so they can use points if they expire in Dec.?