• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about reservation requiring mid-week move

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
We booked a reservation at Wyndham Reunion that requiring a mid-week move.

Questions:
  • do you have to check-out at 10 then check back in at 4?
  • Or do you checkout then move to alternative unit.
  • Or chances they can keep us in the same unit so we don't have to move.
Thanks in advance or other observations/ideas.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked a reservation at Wyndham Reunion that requiring a mid-week move.

Questions:
  • do you have to check-out at 10 then check back in at 4?
  • Or do you checkout then move to alternative unit.
  • Or chances they can keep us in the same unit so we don't have to move.
Thanks in advance or other observations/ideas.

Why do you think a midweek move is required?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Why do you think a midweek move is required?
I know but being new would welcome those with more knowledge - but thank you for your sarcastic response....

is there a gap in time between check-out and re-check in?

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know but being new would welcome those with more knowledge - but thank you for your sarcastic response....

Not sure the question was as sarcastic as it may have sounded. More about seeking additional information.

A split reservation doesn't always require a mid-week move if both units in the split are the same unit size. It all depends on the resort, season and how full the property location is at the time of the split. It costs the resort extra to clean twice so they will keep people in the same unit where it's possible, even if it is booked as a "split" reservation. Must be "like" units to create the non-move possibility.

That being said, to answer the original question, again, depends somewhat on how accommodating the resort management is relation to a split reservation move. If Check-out is at 10:00am and you are required to actually move, then for sure you have to be out of the unit by the stated 10:00am deadline, thus creating an inconvenient gap in time of where to put your stuff in the interrum before the 4pm check-in. However, many of the resorts will assist with easing this gap by assisting with moving luggage, food items in the refrigerator and/or storing guests personal items during the gap while they continue other activity for the day.

Would for sure call the resort in advance of check-in and discuss the split. It's a courtesy for them to help manage the inventory and it helps the travelers to know what to expect and how to plan. Also discuss at check-in as they only look at one reservation at a time. Communication helps the process for everyone.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not sure why you think that. When someone asks a follow up question it would help if you answer it so they or others could provide more information.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All the units at reunion are 3 br. So unless there is a gap in days the resort usually accommodates a stay in the same unit with split reservations. I would call the resort and explain your situation.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've never had to move when booked on a split reservation. The resort would prefer not to move us. Some have reported that when they did have to move, the resort had staff help with it. You should not be terribly inconvenienced - shouldn't be a time gap. I guess there could always be an exception though.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is rare that you have to move on a split reservation. The resort want to clean two units instead of one unit about as much as you want to move. So unless there is a maintenance issue or a fixed week or VIP do not move issue, they will keep you in the same unit.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Not sure why you think that. When someone asks a follow up question it would help if you answer it so they or others could provide more information.

fair enough after 8 hours sleep I see that there are two ways the question could be asked. I assumed one and not the other - had other things on my mind.

When reservation it said move required and we have 2 reservations for one weeks say. 6 nights on the first and 1 night on the second.

Sounds like from the OP just call and likely they will not want to move and have two units to clean.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
fair enough after 8 hours sleep I see that there are two ways the question could be asked. I assumed one and not the other - had other things on my mind.

When reservation it said move required and we have 2 reservations for one weeks say. 6 nights on the first and 1 night on the second.

Sounds like from the OP just call and likely they will not want to move and have two units to clean.
At Reunion, where they are all 3BR units, it's highly unlikely they will move you for the extra 1-night after a previous 6-day stay. The resort has more latitude in how they can manage that inventory. The Reservation system does not.

Would still call in advance of the holiday however to discuss with the resort.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When you have a split reservation always contact the resort a head of time so they can link up your reservations. Some resorts assign units ahead of time and it can at times be difficult or impossible for them to accommodate your extended stay in the same unit without advance notice.

We are staying at Reunion right now for our first time and are here for 8 nights, so a split reservation. I called ahead and we are in the same unit for the whole stay.

The only time I ever had an issue with not being able to stay in the same unit was pretty much my own fault. I hadn't realized how limited the inventory was in that size unit at that particular resort. I had a lot going on and forgot to call the resort when I added extra days kind of last minute.

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
much thanks everyone - I'll call and get them connected prior to our arrival.

:thumbup: