• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on "Resort Release" AKA American Resource Management Group

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've seen the advice here on TUG, TUGBB, and general internet sites about companies offering to list, take timeshare back as part of a donation scheme, and similar businesses that require an upfront fee, and have avoided them so far. I've spoken with an attorney whose advice is to just stop paying and go through the foreclosure process while acknowledging there will probably be a hit on my credit rating. I've posted to give it away here on on TUGBB with no luck.

As I continue to poke around, I found 'ResortRelease.Com', which has an A+ BBB rating and 107 of 107 positive customer reviews on the BBB site. They claim to offer a guarantee. I figure someone here must have checked them out. If anyone has information - good or bad, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if youve read the information here on TUG, you should already know the TUG advice given for companies that charge upfront fees.

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,

This response is not particularly helpful. You can see from my post that I've read the advice on TUGBB and other places. You can also see that I'm stuck, like many other owners.

This forum, I assume, is about finding help and advice from other owners. That's what I'm seeking. Please respect that.

John

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here's something helpful -

Your best advocate is YOURSELF, but you haven't "bumped" your post on the Bargain Deals forum for more than a month, so it has aged far off the first page, and no one is seeing it.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246921

You should be adding info. to the thread once a week to keep it on the first page. Adding a new post to the thread, bumps it up to the top of the first page.

Appropriate posts would be more info. about the resort, what you have traded it for, updating the offer, more pictures, etc.

Also - where else do you have it posted for free? With the deeds I gave away, I also posted on www.redweek.com and Craigslist.

It won't give itself away...

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've seen the advice here on TUG, TUGBB, and general internet sites about companies offering to list, take timeshare back as part of a donation scheme, and similar businesses that require an upfront fee, and have avoided them so far. I've spoken with an attorney whose advice is to just stop paying and go through the foreclosure process while acknowledging there will probably be a hit on my credit rating. I've posted to give it away here on on TUGBB with no luck.

As I continue to poke around, I found 'ResortRelease.Com', which has an A+ BBB rating and 107 of 107 positive customer reviews on thBBB site. They claim to offer a guarantee. I figure someone here must have checked them out. If anyone has information - good or bad, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Ditto what Denise is saying and BBB rating is not to be tusted. Those ratings and comments can be bought by the business. If it's $$ upfront to an unknown source, you will loose. If you don't want to do it yourself, then hire a reputable broker that specializes in TS sales, preferably in the state the resort is located. There are several TUG member-endorsed brokers listed in this forum.

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, Bella,

Thanks for the advice. From what I've read, very much want to avoid dealing with any business requiring an up-front fee. I'll try your suggestions. I didn't realize there were reputable brokers listed here on TUG - I'll definitely contact them.

Regards,
John

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bella - I wasn't sure where to look, so I did a search on 'broker' and got 1000 hits. If you have any pointers on how best to locate TUG member-endorsed brokers, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
However, they are probably going to tell you that your timeshare has no resale value, and their commission is $1,000, so your best bet is to give it away yourself.

This is what the "rescue" companies do:

1) Give you some form letters to send to the timeshare management company asking to be released from your obligation.

or

2) Sell the timeshare if it has any resale value - in which case, why should you pay them?

or

3) Deed the title to a straw company and abandon it, in which case, your timeshare title office may refuse to accept the transfer.

or

4) Nothing at all.

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to face reality. A 1-bed, week 20, with MF and taxes of $868 isn't appealing.

I know for a fact by looking at the county deed website in Broward that the former manger of our resort was foreclosed on for the units that she owned.

While manger, see was aggressive about pressuring delinquents to pay their mf, but when it came time for her to pay mf for units that she previously rented while manger, she walked away. This is a woman who had inherited the job from her mother and knew well the consequences.

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise and Roger,

I've faced reality that the prospects of selling it are bleak, and even deeding it back or giving it away is difficult. If it's really that bad, I may need to go down the foreclosure path, but would like to avoid the hit on my credit rating if I can.

Regards,
John

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I gave away a far worse week than this - it can be done - it just takes a little time and effort.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

As I continue to poke around, I found 'ResortRelease.Com', which has an A+ BBB rating and 107 of 107 positive customer reviews on the BBB site. They claim to offer a guarantee. I figure someone here must have checked them out. If anyone has information - good or bad, please let me know.

Just adding one more voice strongly recommending that you steer clear of any and every "exit / release / escape" entity --- and to ignore meaningless BBB ratings.

You might consider "sweetening" the TUG "giveaway" by now additionally offering to pay the transfer fees --- and maybe even the next maintenance fee bill as well (...said bill is likely already in hand at this time of year, or very soon en route to you). You'd still be mathematically "ahead" compared to paying any shaky upfront fee parasite, whoever they may be.

Finding a valid new recipient is infinitely more "clean" and legally conclusive than getting involved with (and / or paying) any upfront fee "exit / release/ escape" entity. Bear in mind that some of these entities are actually committing outright fraud by design (...which could boomerang back around to you in the future).

Good luck, but do yourself a big favor and stay away from any and all of these alleged "escape artists".

john77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo (and everyone else) for the advice. I listened to a long presentation that concluded with a significant fee - larger than others I've encountered, so not taking that route.

I've updated my listings here and on TUGBB and will follow up on the other advice I've received.

John

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip>...even deeding it back or giving it away is difficult. If it's really that bad, I may need to go down the foreclosure path, but would like to avoid the hit on my credit rating if I can.

Have you specifically asked the HOA President (...not just a desk clerk answering the phones, with no decision authority) if the HOA would accept a "deedback"?

You could (and perhaps should) clearly point out to the HOA President that the 2017 fees have already been paid, but that these will be the last such annual fees you intend to pay. They might bite (foreclosure costs them money and takes time) --- but you won't know until / unless you ask, making their "either / or" options crystal clear. I'd recommend finding the HOA President's mailing address and submitting your deedback request in writing.

Good luck.

LCR133

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orange Lake Resort North Village
Hello. A lot of good information from this post. Thank you to all who replied. New question: when a sale was offered and purchase made under the guise that the deeded week doesn't mean anything, it's the points that matter; the deed just needs to have a dedicated week listed for filing purposes. However, now that I want to sell the timeshare with points, I learn that the points are not transferable, except to immediate family. The company (Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orange Lake Resort) will not buy back the timeshare. Any advice on how to handle or proceed?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. A lot of good information from this post. Thank you to all who replied. New question: when a sale was offered and purchase made under the guise that the deeded week doesn't mean anything, it's the points that matter; the deed just needs to have a dedicated week listed for filing purposes. However, now that I want to sell the timeshare with points, I learn that the points are not transferable, except to immediate family. The company (Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orange Lake Resort) will not buy back the timeshare. Any advice on how to handle or proceed?

With rare exceptions, RCI Points remain attached to the underlying deed upon resale. That underlying deeded week means very little, unless of course it happens to be one which you actually want to reserve. However, yours is clearly not a RCI Points situation. I don't personally claim to know anything about HIVC but am reasonably sure that they can indeed impose points transfer restrictions on subsequent resales, as long as they do so consistently and not selectively or arbitrarily. Surely not what you want to hear, but don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

Stagedoor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbortown Point - Ventura, CA
Diamond Resorts - Las Vegas, NV
My problem is similar, but I still owe quite a bit on the mortgage for the Timeshare. I've not seen anyone posting what "Resort Release" will do to eliminate that, or what they charge - AND if that charge is up front (which I'm assuming it is). Also, I've seen they "guarantee or you get your money back." Has anyone had Resort Release work on their behalf and NOT get released from their TS. If so, DID you get your money back? I'm with John77, and would rather not have the hit on the credit. But if that's what it ends up taking, I'll go that route.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if a company offers a money back guarantee, doesnt that imply they charge upfront fees?

bsmart

Reaction score
Yes, they will charge an upfront FEE after you review all of the legal documents/contract with their company. It isn't cheap, and yes they offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with their results. We are considering using their services at this time.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If you are willing to take a chance by paying a huge upfront fee why not take 1/2 of that fee, offer your timeshare for FREE and use the funds to cover all closing and transfer fees PLUS a bonus cash gift card at closing for whatever the remaining money is left. You might have people fighting to take it from you. And, you would have saved half of what you were willing to pay.

It isn’t that difficult to do, especially if you use a closing agent recommended here at TUG to handle all the paperwork for you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, they will charge an upfront FEE after you review all of the legal documents/contract with their company. It isn't cheap, and yes they offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with their results. We are considering using their services at this time.

we show you registered on the forums way back in 2012...but only recently rejoined TUG to post an ad and get help with your timeshare.

looking at your ad, we see you are still asking for money for your festvia timeshare.

you also dont appear to be offering to pay closing costs as the seller.

both of these factors are the reason you are having no success in selling your timeshare...not that fixing them will guarantee a buyer...but having them is certainly guaranteeing that the only folks interested in your ad...are upfront fee scammers.

(you are welcome, we just saved you thousands of dollars being thrown away for an upfront fee company)