TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

RCI Guest Certificate online

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by janej, Aug 8, 2017.

1. janej

janej Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I remember I used to be able to purchase RCI guest certificate online on the exchange confirmation page. But I could not find the link any more. Did they remove that from the website or moved it to somewhere else?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jane

2. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I just checked with a confirmed exchange I have. When I click on the resort, on the right side of the screen there is a section that includes a link to "create a guest certificate". It is under Add Services.

janej likes this.
  3. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    If I remember correctly if it is a points reservation and you did not add the GC when booking, you had to call to set it up. I don't have any current points reservations so I could not check.

janej likes this.
  4. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Mine is a weeks reservation. Maybe that's why there is still a link to add a guest certificate after the fact.

5. janej

[​IMG]
    Thanks Luanne and tschwa2 for comparing notes with me.

Here is what I saw in my add service section and mine is a weeks exchange also. Maybe mine is too close to check in (Aug 11)? I will have to call RCI tomorrow morning.

Jane

Luanne likes this.
  6. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Yes. They stop offering it online a couple days before checkin . Just call.

7. Jimster

Jimster TUG Member

This is just another unnecessary junk fee imposed by RCi. You are paying for something that costs them absolutely nothing.

MuranoJo and hudshut like this.
  8. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

++ ^^.
    And something not all resorts ask for. Worth a call to check it out with them.

hudshut likes this.
  9. janej

Guest certificate is now $79 and no cash back for Platinum members. They did nothing for me. I called on the day of check in to make sure the resort has it. They don't have my guest information at all. Instead, I have to send an email with the guest information. That is $239 exchange fee + $79 guest certificate RCI charged for this transaction. I wonder if RCI would ever stop their annual fee increase.

10. MuranoJo

MuranoJo TUG Member

I'm not sure this is what you meant in the bolded section above, but when you purchase an RCI guest certificate, it is still your responsibility to notify the resort of your guests & appropriate guest info. The guest certificate is nothing more than a certificate you can print out or forward to your guests to present at check-in, if needed.