• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI "new" format [Merged]

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was reported a week or so ago by someone else. I didn't notice any change and still don't see any major differences today. Strange that they would roll this out in pieces.....

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think it depends on browser whether the new format shows up (Chrome still has old format, Internet Explorer the new format on my office computer). In new format, as of today, when you do a search on an area, you have to then select "exchange only" - there is no button to just search exchange vacations, and the buttons for extra vacations and last call both give error messages. Resorts show up based on "relevancy" whatever that is supposed to mean (based on relevancy to who or what?). And the only other sort options are by name (ascending) or review (descending).

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
All I can say is ugh.

I totally agree. I have the new website design on one of my computers, but not on the others, and it's really tough to navigate the new system and it seems really slow....

I can't see anywhere on the new website where I can switch back to the old version.

kristapb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how anyone at RCI thinks this is an improvement over the old website. I have Chrome, and unfortunately I get the "new" version. It is VERYslow and takes more steps to get where you want. Hard to navigate, and I still haven't figured out how (or if I can) to do some of the searches I could easily do in the past. Ugh indeed!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible to approximate the old search process, but it requires some extra clicks. Go to your deposited weeks, and click the search button off one of them. Then, in the left-hand side, click "change deposit" which will let you select "all deposits."

I'm not sure if this will let you see inventory that *none* of your deposits match, because my largest is >60.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
With my limited experience with the new website I can't stand it. They open unwanted windows that you have to click to remove. Then they want you to click on a map where you want to go and narrow it down to an area which is represented as large circles. Then you are shown little blips that you click on to go to individual resorts. But you can't hover over the blip to bring up the resort name! You have to click until you find the resort you are looking for. Sure wish they would have left it alone.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Junk- at least my Wyndham portal doesn't go to that yet. But to search in the new format with my TPU account is ridiculous and over half the time errors out. Gee I guess I know where our increased exchange fees are going :(

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate this new format. I have to keep clicking on more to get to what area I want, then it brings up places I didn't ask for. Clicking more again just brings up more resorts in the area I didn't ask for. Grrr! Or I get error message that the system is experiencing problems or nothing is available.

Suzanne

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged into my points account and it was still the same. Logging into weeks gets the new format. The new is very similar to what I saw earlier this year as part of a study group. I haven't fully explored, but it sounds like there are some differences that what I was presented. One thing I stressed was that they don't remove the filters that were already in place. The good thing I saw were some aesthetic changes like a better layout and larger pictures. I didn't like how slow the new format is. Not that the old is very snappy either.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The grade school children in Carmel, Indiana who (...for years now) apparently have primary responsibility for the design and functionality of RCI's web site as part of their "Introduction to Computers" class will be very disappointed to learn that you folks are apparently not happy with their most recent efforts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems the new "look" is gone again.

At least it is for me, I've tried with different broweser and all gone:banana:

hopefully it wont retur:wall:

regards

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
I keeping getting "technical difficulties" on IE, and on Chrome, there are no reviews loaded.....

Awsome updates as usual.....

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same, but with my HGVC portal to RCI, I've noticed I can no longer filter for NON AI-inclusive resorts (when looking at the resort directory), which means having to go through pages and pages of resorts and making mental notes which ones don't charge AI.

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visited RCI website today and noted the major change in the website operations. Upon initial use, I find the new system to be not user friendly and a major step back in conducting searches on the website. I do not see how to do group Favorites searches anymore as I can only search them one at a time and then the information seems much more difficult to process- bottom line much less user friendly for we limited computer tech members.:ponder::(:crash::shrug::wall:

How is it working for you? Just wondering!

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also find the new website very difficult to navigate, No easy way to search a range of dates.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also find the new website very difficult to navigate, No easy way to search a range of dates.

I've been frustrated with the new UI too. I logged in this past Sunday, but quickly got lost and gave up!

Searching by a date range can be done, but minimum 2 steps:
  1. On the new search screen, enter a location (e.g. Hawaii), but don't bother with a date, then click on "Search".
  2. Once you get the results list, go to the left navigation column and enter your "Check-in Date Range", found immediately underneath the RCI awards filter. The problem with this is that you can't change the location.

To be able to change locations, here's how to do it in 3 steps:
  1. On the new search screen, select a month for the date range (any month will do and don't bother with location) then click on "Search".
  2. When the search results display, click on "Clear all filters", then select your actual date range.
  3. The controls/filters to narrow the location are displayed across the top of the search results.
Unfortunately, the search results still take a long time to load. Ugh!

If someone has found a faster way:shrug:, please share ... thanks!

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At least for now when I login using Internet explorer I get the old website and when I login using Google Chrome I get the new format.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
Match on OGS - go to release it, can give reason, confirm it, get error message that you MUST give a reason. Now the drop down works.

Trying to change an OGS:
takes multiple tries to update room size. I had to go from studio to 4 bedroom to be able to get the click on the 1 bedroom to work.

resort selection on OGS - won't update, wont' remove, just sits there. When "save" gives errors on all the places that it wont' drop down.

So glad that they did an "upgrade "

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leave feedback to RCI by looking to feedback on side of screen. Very displeased with this change and the time it now takes and the fact that one cannot conduct favorites group searches any more.

Sent feedback to RCI and awaiting reply.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a new Introduction to Computers class has begun its' homework assignment in the grade schools of Carmel, Indiana. :rolleyes:
We "bid goodbye to RCI" years ago, but it still just baffles me that RCI can't ever quite manage to get their web site act together.
It's absurd, really. After all, it's not like RCI is launching satellites or has any other complex enterprises to run or conduct.

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still not on the new system yet (weeks). My page looks and works the same way it always does with the exception when drilling down a city say in New England there are a couple more clicks to open the full city list.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Just logged onto RCI on DH's Apple desktop. What a disaster the new format is compared to the previous upgrade which had numerous drawbacks as well! I did send negative feedback to RCI via a link on their website.

What is interesting is that on my laptop pc about an hour ago, the older format was up & running. Was looking for a week prior to the one we have at Jensen Beach. It was easy to do a quick search for the dates needed and found a bargain week in Poinciana Florida that will use up my hanging 8 TPUs with 1 to spare!

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened to my Favorite searches? I used that almost daily to see if there was anything new. I tried searching for Disney Saratoga Springs in Orlando with no luck and it recommended 2 resorts in India I might enjoy. Of all the so-called upgrades, this is the worst.