• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Ongoing Searches...Can You have 2 of them?

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Is it possible to have simultaneous ongoing searches with RCI? If so, how?

We have one search in progress now for a 1BR unit. We would like also to search for a studio at one site. How can we do this without searching for studios at all sites?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to search for different unit sizes at only some resorts, you need a completely separate search. If you are a regular Weeks member, that means you have to have at least two deposits.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
If you want to search for different unit sizes at only some resorts, you need a completely separate search. If you are a regular Weeks member, that means you have to have at least two deposits.
So...what does a points member do?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe (but do not know for sure) that you can place as many separate ongoing searches as you like. But, it would have to be a completely separate search.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, points members can have unlimited separate ongoing searches. If you are not platinum you would have to prepay the exchange fee for each ongoing search that you set up.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, points members can have unlimited separate ongoing searches. If you are not platinum you would have to prepay the exchange fee for each ongoing search that you set up.
Can you tell us how to do this? If it's via their web page, it's not obvious how to do a second search with different criteria. (We are Platinum, for what it's worth.)

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmm....The replies here seem to be saying that multiple ongoing searches are possible for points owners, but nobody knows how to do it.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just haven't had a chance to go through the steps. It let me add a second one the same way I put in the first. My points account still looks like the old RCI format- not like the new format for weeks, if that makes a difference. I access through Chrome. I went to exchanges. I did have to click on an area at the left. Above the resort list that came up was the tab-
srch_icon.png

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Tell us more about your vacation request and we'll let you know when we find a match!

Start an Ongoing Search Request

It then took me to the screen to start an ongoing request and I filled it out as desired. I went through the steps and put in a search for a 1 br at Disney's Animal Kingdom in a 1 br for the weeks 51 and 52. My other search is for a specific 2 br resort. Now it shows I have 2 ongoing searches and if I start over I could add a 3rd, etc.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Starting from an unsuccessful search at a specific resort worked. I had been trying to start from RCI's ongoing search tab on the left side of my home page. That does not work for anything other than your first ongoing search.

Last edited: