TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Rci upgrade

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by rapmarks, May 16, 2017.

1. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

If you choose to request an upgrade when you confirm an exchange, what is the cost? Do they also charge tpus if the upgrade uses more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    No charge to request. No extra tpu's will be charged (nor will any be returned if it happens to cost less). You are charged $49 if an upgrade comes through. No fee if you are an RCI platinum member.

rapmarks likes this.
  3. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Ok, if you try for an upgrade, and get it, do you have the option of becoming platinum before you take it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

5. hekela1206

hekela1206 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bali Hai
    I've never had luck on any upgrades thus far!

6. Panina

Panina TUG Member

Keep trying, it happen for me the only time I tried.