• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI versus Internal Points systems

KandyApple

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the best way to put this....
I have been an RCI member for over 10 years and think I have it figured out. My biggest frustrations are being able to book stays at destination like Hawaii, New York, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Phoenix to name a few. Generally we travel to warmer climates I. The winter as does most every one else and we really prefer Gold Crown resorts. When you are lucky enough to get a booking than there is the added uncertainty of what type of unit they will assign you. We have never received ocean from or even ocean view when trading into a resort. The rooms are generally ok, but I am getting to the point in my life where I would rather pay a bit more and know what I am getting.
I have been trying to research the other systems to see if any of them can meet my needs better. Mostly I have been looking at the Marriott system. We attended a presentation in Maui (didn't buy anything) and one of the pitches was that owners have a 95+% satisfaction with getting their requested trade on their first attempt. Is this salesman hype or generally are Marriott DVC owners that satisfied with their vacation booking experience?
I know that Marriott lets you decide which toys of unit you want (and the points required for the reservation vary accordingly), do other points systems allow that as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I know that Marriott lets you decide which toys of unit you want (and the points required for the reservation vary accordingly), do other points systems allow that as well?

Hilton does. Better view = more points.