TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Received email "Important Information from Branson" - legit?

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by linpat, Sep 8, 2017.

1. linpat

linpat TUG Member

I'm afraid that I just fell for a phishing scheme, hacker, or something bad.
    I got an email from Wyndham Club & Associates with an important notice and that I had opted in to receive info by email from the timeshare owners associations. I do own in Branson so I did "click here to view an important package", but nothing came up.
    When I look at the address in the tray it shows - expresso.nordistechnologies. com....
    Has anyone else been contacted like this? And is it legit?
    Thanks

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Yes - you probably downloaded a computer virus which now has access to yor computer. I would turn your computer off and unplug it and take it to a trusted computer repair shop to get de-bugged.

3. linpat

linpat TUG Member

Thats what im afraid of - and I'm usually so careful. The part about opting in for email messages got me.

4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

You should never open a file from an unknown sender, or if it is a known sender, but unexpected.

I hope you are not posting from that computer now.

5. RX8

RX8 TUG Member

6. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I don't think the email was from Nordis Technologies.

I think it contained something that used: https://www.nordistechnologies.com/expresso - which is a way of sending files.

What the sender puts in the file determines whether it's good or bad.

7. fer829

fer829 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham UDI points
    I own at Branson Meadows and got a similar message that sounds the same (no longer have it in the email so I don't know exactly how it was addressed). However, the attachment was a pdf document dated September 8 that gave information on how to submit your nomination to the board of directors before the annual meeting.

8. linpat

linpat TUG Member

Thanks for the responses - I own at Branson Meadows also and probably jumped to the wrong conclusion. But with the Equifax hack and everything else, it's not bad to be cautious.

9. fer829

fer829 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham UDI points
    Absolutely agree, clicking on unknown attachments is dangerous. In fact, I was suspicious of the same message and did some investigating before opening it! Vigilance is the name of the game anymore, you did good.