• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent ROFR Updates

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I am working on adding to my HGVC portfolio. I won an auction on eBay for $6000 for a two bedroom platinum Las Vegas on the Boulevard unit 7000 points, but unfortunately Hilton exercised ROFR. :bawl: I'm currently in the works for a one bedroom platinum unit in Las Vegas on the boulevard for $4500, and I'm hoping this one passes but I'm not holding my breath. I am curious to hear from others on what has passed and what has not passed ROFR recently.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I had a 14,400 unit pass ROFR for $13K a year ago December.

I think the problem you will have is, its the beginning of the year and the ROFR budget was just renewed (Hilton is on a calendar budget year). You will have the most luck in the fourth quarter when the ROFR budget is depleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
Back in Sept 2016 I closed on a 7,000 point Tuscany 2bed platinum for $4,000 and seller paid all fees except $535 activation fee.
Points started in 2017. I've book 3 trips, one in Feb over Valentines day, and 2 in April , all of them are either 5 day 4 night or 4 day 3 Night. Each trip only using 660 to 880 points each.
still have 2/3's of my points left. I'm a snow bird in Tampa area, and these short trips are ideal! This was a great investment! Great companion to my Disney annual passes.
Resale was my best way to be able to purchase this! Have stayed at several HGVC's in Vegas and in Orlando, and was sold several years ago on wanting to buy into HGVC.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I had a 14,400 unit pass ROFR for $13K a year ago December.

I think the problem you will have is, its the beginning of the year and the ROFR budget was just renewed (Hilton is on a calendar budget year). You will have the most luck in the fourth quarter when the ROFR budget is depleted.

Actually, Hilton exercised ROFR on me in the 4th quarter of 2016, in late November. :( I thought I would be safe because of this, but I guess not!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Actually, Hilton exercised ROFR on me in the 4th quarter of 2016, in late November. :( I thought I would be safe because of this, but I guess not!

What were the specifics of your deal, location and price? If the price is low enough in a location they have little inventory HGVC will take it of course.

thare

Reaction score
I got through $6500 for 7K points 2Br plat at Lagoon tower Oahu in Oct, so really a shocker they'd grab that vegas one.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am working on adding to my HGVC portfolio. I won an auction on eBay for $6000 for a two bedroom platinum Las Vegas on the Boulevard unit 7000 points, but unfortunately Hilton exercised ROFR. :bawl: I'm currently in the works for a one bedroom platinum unit in Las Vegas on the boulevard for $4500, and I'm hoping this one passes but I'm not holding my breath. I am curious to hear from others on what has passed and what has not passed ROFR recently.

Just curious, did the seller gave you estoppel / ROFR document from Hilton ?. Did the seller refund all the amount you paid ?. Boulevard usually is higher than other 7K platinum units in Vegas since the MF is lower.

Xander313

Reaction score
Curious as to how many points are involved with your next deal at the boulevard Las Vegas? I'm presently looking there for my first property.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
but unfortunately Hilton exercised ROFR. :bawl: ..... I am curious to hear from others on what has passed and what has not passed ROFR recently.

To me there are 3 things to consider in which HGVC TS to purchase (others have already addressed the pros and cons on purchasing a TS or HGVC TS):
  • Obviously the cost
  • Maintenance Fees
  • Location (if you are planning to use the TS at that location/unit size/season).
The last item will be determined by the individual in what he/she is trying to accomplish. Maybe it is a ski trip during the winter months or beach location when the kids are on vacation.

We have a sticky for the MFs at most of the Hilton resort properties. This should be factored into TS decision process.

For the first item however, cost & ROFR, we really don't have good readily accessible information on our forum for this information. On the Marriott forum, they have a ROFR database (www.ROFR.net). I have been pondering if something similar would be a good thing for our forum.

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
HGVC on the Boulevard Las Vegas
I lost 2 to ROFR during the summer, same locations, similar sales price. Stayed patient and found my 7K point Flamingo (no ROFR) for $5,500. Closed a little over a month ago and booked my first vacation as an owner! Boom!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
Just curious, did the seller gave you estoppel / ROFR document from Hilton ?. Did the seller refund all the amount you paid ?. Boulevard usually is higher than other 7K platinum units in Vegas since the MF is lower.
I didn't get the ROFR document from Hilton, but I was refunded all costs right away.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
My recent sales presentation the rep said they are stepping up the ROFR's..
That seems to come and go.. According to the latest public filings tour flow is up 5.5% year over year, so more potential buyers.. However they have over 127,000 unsold units in inventory, that arround six years of units at the current pace.

eabishop2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
HGVC Elara, Las Vegas
I've been meaning to add my ROFR story to the forum, so this thread seems like as good a place as any. LV Boulevard 2BR Gold (5000 pt) contract for $600, seller paying closing costs. I sent in the paperwork on 12/10 and my credit card was charged. On 12/23 I was notified that ROFR was exercised. The charge was refunded immediately. This was from a TUG ad. I knew it was a great deal, but it was still disappointing to have it taken.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closed on a 7000pts 2br at HGVC Sea World in 12/2016 for $5500 not including transfer fee. Actually if you are interested in cheaper prices just for points, look at HGVC Scotland resales. Dollar is strong compared to the British pound right now.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Closed on a 7000pts 2br at HGVC Sea World in 12/2016 for $5500 not including transfer fee. Actually if you are interested in cheaper prices just for points, look at HGVC Scotland resales. Dollar is strong compared to the British pound right now.
"Now" being the operative word... foreign currency exchange risk goes both ways..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk