• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommendations on TS in Vermont or New Hampshire OCTOBER visit

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I believe that it was written long ago... "the best laid plains of mice and men often go awry"... so it was.

One of our sons and his wonderful girlfriend decided upon a fall wedding here in beautiful East Tennessee and so it was. No October trip but a wonderful wedding and a great daughter in law. We were very happy that life got in the way and now that the long distance relationship is over they are married and our son has gotten a job in the place where our daughter in law was living prior to the marriage.

We are hoping for a Vermont fall trip in 2019 and we are headed to Samoset for a summer visit to Maine this year!

A hat tip to all for your kind guidance and tips for a planned Fall trip. We read and prepared them for use in our prior planned trip and will now use them in the future!

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suncoast Laurie: I risk some criticism for what I am about to say, but here goes: Ben & Jerry's is way overrated. Both the ice cream and the tour. So is Cold Hollow Cider Mill. You can taste the seeds and stem in the cider. Yuck! The Mill is good for a look at an old-fashioned tourist trap. Takes me back to when I was a kid in the 50s.

Lake Champlain Chocolates, Smuggler's Notch Distillery, Cabot, Danforth Pewter, and The 100 Store are all together in an outlet area in Waterbury. Well worth the stop. So is the original Cabot location.

The new Trapp Brewery and Beerhall is a fun time. Trapp really does make good beers. Probably the best in the area, although the Alchemist is good and we like Rock Art in Morrisville too.

We tried Juniors, a new restaurant in Stowe. We enjoyed what we believe is more authentic pizza compared to what some of the other places in town offer. They are still working out service issues.

HTH

Cheapseater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bwolf, I find nothing offensive in your honest review. Perhaps others enjoy Ben & Jerry's but I much prefer Blue Bell and Mayfield's ice cream.

Mayfield's was a local company until it was bought out by Dean Foods back a few years ago. Once you have seen an ice cream production plant, not a lot of difference. We do not intend to spend time at another. Also note that our cows are just as healthy and the grass just as green as any.

Regarding tourist traps, I have much experience seeing those as we have Pigeon Forge as one of the gateways to The Great Smokey Mountains National Park... thus I need see no more.

Again, I always appreciate one's perspective re how and where to spend the limited time that vacation trips offer. It is very helpful. So thank you for your guidance!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I personally am a Dairy Queen girl myself. Or a good Maple Cremee anywhere in New England!

A agree about Ben and Jerrys', but not Cold Hollow Cider Mill. Great pies and cider donuts there!

All said, I always tell people it is hard to describe the allure of Vermont for a vacation. It's just a "feeling". You either have it or you don't. I think that can be said for most places.