• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek: do renters remove their ad?

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - This is my first time looking at rentals. I am looking at a particular week and at present there are 5 weeks for rent at the specific timeshare I want. Do most Renters remove their ads once they are rented? Do I assume that the 5 are still active ads?
Thanks
Sue

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - This is my first time looking at rentals. I am looking at a particular week and at present there are 5 weeks for rent at the specific timeshare I want. Do most Renters remove their ads once they are rented? Do I assume that the 5 are still active ads?
Thanks
Sue

You have to contact an individual advertiser directly in order to get that question answered accurately for any given posted ad.

Some rental advertisers will leave their ad "up" even after the week is successfully rented. On RedWeek, they've pre-paid for a full six months for an ad. Some people (understandably, IMO) want to monitor and track response volume, date "windows" of ad responses received, etc. for future reference and / or for comparison of results with other ad sites they use. Others will take their ad down immediately after getting the week rented out, not wanting to have to answer inquiries about a week no longer even available. It's an individual decision by each individual advertiser --- regardless of the particular site involved.

Bottom line, respond to any and all individual ads of specific interest to you and the answers will surely follow.
The interval is either still available or it isn't and the advertiser will (hopefully very promptly) respond to your inquiry and inform you of its' current status.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Typically, I leave a listing up on RedWeek.com until the transaction has been completed (guest confirmation provided, payment received). That gives me a waiting list in case the deal falls through and that's what I tell subsequent inquirers.

The exception to this is if I have another week at the same resort later in the year, in which case I will edit the listing right away. This only works for the same resort. Unlike TUG, you can't edit the resort name on RedWeek.com listings.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
"Typically, I leave a listing up on RedWeek.com until the transaction has been completed (guest confirmation provided, payment received). That gives me a waiting list in case the deal falls through and that's what I tell subsequent inquirers."

I do the same as chapjim, Once signed rental agreement, and money is cleared and in hand, I close it out. I do the same on TUG.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I write "Rental Pending" on my ad for a few days if we have verbal agreement and I'm just waiting for paperwork and payment. I think Redweek should have that feature. I still get inquiries from people who want to be next in line. I know when I've been on the other side as the renter that I sometimes get excited about a listing and how frustrating it can be if it's already rented or no response. If you send a message to an owner, I suggest saying a little more than just "is this still available?" Seems like those tend to be scammers or people just window shopping - at least with my experience.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can even deactivate and then if you have another unit at the same resort later you can reactivate and edit the details.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can even deactivate and then if you have another unit at the same resort later you can reactivate and edit the details.

Do I understand you correctly that "deactivating" a RedWeek ad during its' listing period is not irreversible, disabling it permanently, but that such an ad can still later be "reactivated" during that ads' listing period?

If so, that's certainly good to know. I for one somehow just never realized that was the case, but we very seldom rent / advertise.
Live and learn.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I understand you correctly that "deactivating" a RedWeek ad during its' listing period is not irreversible, disabling it permanently, but that such an ad can still later be "reactivated" during that ads' listing period?

If so, that's certainly good to know. I for one somehow just never realized that was the case, but we very seldom rent / advertise.
Live and learn.
Yes this is true. I've rented 6 units off of the same ad editing it to change view and so forth.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
I am just a guest on Redweek, problem for me is we have to pay just to contact the owner. I'm not sure I want to pay to find out the unit is already sold/retned.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am just a guest on Redweek, problem for me is we have to pay just to contact the owner. I'm not sure I want to pay to find out the unit is already sold/retned.

A valid concern and observation. I guess it's simply an individual choice and decision whether to spend $18.99 for a full year of membership and access to all RedWeek ads and advertising owners. IMnsHO, that seems to be a relatively small amount of money to invest / risk when rentals themselves can (and do) approach (or exceed) $1,000. Also, if one listing doesn't pan out, you then still have a full year of access to any and all other listings that you see there in which you might be interested.

To each their own, of course. YMMV. :shrug:

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have been told if you join and then find out nothing is available after making contact and contact Redweek within the first two weeks of your membership, they will refund the membership fee. If you join and then wait several months or join and do actually book a rental than you won't be able to cancel for a refund.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
[I am just a guest on Redweek, problem for me is we have to pay just to contact the owner. I'm not sure I want to pay to find out the unit is already sold/retned.]

Redweek (and TUG) are two of the safest rental sites because to advertise one must register and pay with a credit card or PayPal Acct. This screens out the vast majority of scammers - who are plentiful. Paying $19 for this protection is an absolute bargain.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek (and TUG) are two of the safest rental sites because to advertise one must register and pay with a credit card or PayPal Acct. This screens out the vast majority of scammers - who are plentiful. Paying $19 for this protection is an absolute bargain.

Just as safe (with same requirements) is www.myresortnetworks. I agree that paying $19 is a bargain. You get the same bargain at myresortnetwork. However, there is no membership fee to look and contact owners. I've had great results on myresortnetwork, as well as redweek. Both are very safe sites.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I, on the other hand, have not been able to rent or sell anything on MyResortNetwork.com. I've been able to do both on Redweek but it's much tougher than it used to be. I don't think they advertise enough. Redweek is often on Page 2 of Google searches for timeshares.

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - I am the OP. Thanks for all the interesting answers. I originally asked this question as I am waiting for an Interval exchange for Easter week. I'm not sure how long I should wait before renting instead and I wasn't too worried as there were 5 rental ads for the right week and the right resort. Then I realized that these might not all be available. Yikes.

Now I am thinking of renting my own units next year and this is all very helpful. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the exchange. May be useless!
Thanks, sue