• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Refunded points..Missing some

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled a May 2017 reservation worth 119K points. I have 9K remaining before this, with all of these points being from credit pool expiring in 2018. My math (and yours too I'm guessing) say that I should have 128K points. I'm looking into new reservations and it only lists 108K available when I go to confirm a unit. HK credits returned were correct. Hopefully a call in the morning will get this corrected.

Mark

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled a May 2017 reservation worth 119K points. I have 9K remaining before this, with all of these points being from credit pool expiring in 2018. My math (and yours too I'm guessing) say that I should have 128K points. I'm looking into new reservations and it only lists 108K available when I go to confirm a unit. HK credits returned were correct. Hopefully a call in the morning will get this corrected.

Mark
Good luck. The other points may have went somewhere where they cannot be used yet. Maybe the same use year as your credit pool.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sound liked they charge your account 20,000 points For canceling your reservation or their math is totally off the equation.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked my account and the 20K points were returned as "regular" points (although they were from 2016 use year put in credit pool). The other 99K were put back as credit pool points?? Chart below reflective of a 96K transaction from last night and another cancellation so math doesn't match original post. Point being, the dates are the same for the cancelled points so why did the 20 K go back as regular and not usable until Dec 1, 2017 when the cancelled reservation for these points was from a May 2017 vacation.

CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Point Status
2018 Total
Travel From Expiration Points Description Points Available Housekeeping
Available
Dec 1, 2017 Nov 24, 2018 Regular 20,000 0
Dec 1, 2017 Nov 24, 2018 Credit Pool 72,000 91

Jan 1, 2018 Dec 31, 2018 Regular 322,000 322

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Point being, the dates are the same for the cancelled points so why did the 20 K go back as regular and not usable until Dec 1, 2017 when the cancelled reservation for these points was from a May 2017 vacation

Answer - Because Wyndham's IT department is beyond terrible. They have had problems with points allocation and points tracking for well over one year now, and the only action they have taken is to suspend their larger owners who have more points than Wyndham thinks they should have. It speaks to a larger problem with the internal points tracking system that they have in place that is inconsistent and unreliable. Your best option at this point is clearly note what should have happened, call in to speak with a VC and be prepared to speak with more than one agent and spend a hour or more to get this resolved. Or just leave it be and use the points at the time frame they have assigned.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
At least they system is wrong in the same way as 8 months ago and not wrong in other ways.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was able to get through to Wyn (6 min hold time) and get the points returned to their rightful credit pool home. The rep told me that it was "an error in the system", then got with a supervisor who moved the points.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was able to get through to Wyn (6 min hold time) and get the points returned to their rightful credit pool home. The rep told me that it was "an error in the system", then got with a supervisor who moved the points.

Excellent. Glad to hear it was resolved to your satisfaction. How long did it take start to finish on the phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Total time start to finish right about 15 mins. I tried calling twice earlier but the hold times were greater than 10 minutes and I didn't feel like waiting. Third call hold time was down to 6 mins.