• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renovations @ Sunset Harbor

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We'll be staying at HSH soon and got a welcome email that also included the following info about renovations to be done next summer.

It is with great excitement that I would like to inform you that in our continued effort to maintain and enhance our resort, we scheduled our very anticipated bathroom renovation to begin Summer 2018 during weeks 22-38. Each building will be shut down for a total of four weeks, please see schedule below:

• Building 1: June 3rd_ July 1st (weeks 22 -25)
• Building 2: July 1st_ July 29th (weeks 26-29)
• Building 3&4: July 29th -August 26th (weeks 30-33)
• Building 5: August 26th - September 30th (weeks 34-38)

The email goes on to say the pool and pool deck will also be out of service during weeks 22-27 in 2018 due to renovations.

Obviously this is going to mean a shortage of available units during weeks 22-38. I wonder if they will individually contact those who will be affected. We visit in the summer every year, but according to the schedule above, our building will be open during our week (though the pool will not be).

I can ask about this while we're at HSH but was curious to see if anyone else has more info.

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be staying at HSH soon and got a welcome email that also included the following info about renovations to be done next summer.

It is with great excitement that I would like to inform you that in our continued effort to maintain and enhance our resort, we scheduled our very anticipated bathroom renovation to begin Summer 2018 during weeks 22-38. Each building will be shut down for a total of four weeks, please see schedule below:

• Building 1: June 3rd_ July 1st (weeks 22 -25)
• Building 2: July 1st_ July 29th (weeks 26-29)
• Building 3&4: July 29th -August 26th (weeks 30-33)
• Building 5: August 26th - September 30th (weeks 34-38)

The email goes on to say the pool and pool deck will also be out of service during weeks 22-27 in 2018 due to renovations.

Obviously this is going to mean a shortage of available units during weeks 22-38. I wonder if they will individually contact those who will be affected. We visit in the summer every year, but according to the schedule above, our building will be open during our week (though the pool will not be).

I can ask about this while we're at HSH but was curious to see if anyone else has more info.
HSH has been planning this renovation for quite awhile, so it's finally scheduled. They may or may not contact each person individually. Most likely you will know what alternate unit (if applicable) you will be assigned at the time of check-in. The major work on the pool deck will definitely take it out of service most of June and July.