• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

route from Glacier NP to Teton NP

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to drive from Glacier Np to Teton NP. We will stay either at Brutt via US hwy 83 or Helana via US hwy 287 the first night, then head to Teton the second day. Both route are OK for us now. Just want to see which one is more scenic?? Could any tugger help this info? Thanks a lot.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to drive from Glacier Np to Teton NP. We will stay either at Brutt via US hwy 83 or Helana via US hwy 287 the first night, then head to Teton the second day. Both route are OK for us now. Just want to see which one is more scenic?? Could any tugger help this info? Thanks a lot.
Do you mean Montana hwy 83 or US-93? Driving from Old Faithful lodge in Yellowstone NP to Whitefish, MT we took Montana hwy 83 east of Flathead Lake through the Swan River valley and found it to be a scenic drive with little traffic.

For your route on Montana 83 south, connect with Montana 200 east, then Montana 141 south. You can then turn right on US-12 for I-90 and Butte, MT or left for Helena, MT.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I haven't driven it, but it looks like Highway 83 would be my choice. I've driven the route along Flathead Lake and south on 93 and it's nice along the lake, but windy and so/so south of the lake. 83 looks like it is deeper into the mountains so I'd be interested in reviews of that route. If you go that way, please report back.
The east side of the Rockies, i.e. 89 to 287 is not my cup of tea.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'd recommend Hwy 2 from Glacier to Kalispell, then US 93 heading south from there. It skirts the west side of Flathead Lake. Next to St. Ignatius is the National Bison Range, a very interesting, and very under-visited member of the National Park Service. They have the largest herd of free-roaming bison outside of Yellowstone National Park. Very worthwhile.

After you hit Missoula, (a fine place to spend the night, if you want), you can take Interstate 90 east to Butte, then I-15 south to Hwy 33 east, right before Idaho Falls. Follow Hwy 33 east through Rexburg to Jackson, and you'll be at the Grand Tetons. It's a great drive, good roads, nice scenery, and it won't wear you out. It'll be 8-9 hours of driving, give or take, no matter which route you take, but you'll arrive a lot less tired than if you're driving narrow, windy roads over unknown terrain. The scenery at Tetons will make up for anything you didn't see on the way down. :thumbup:

Dave

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the input!! We got much better ideas of these routes now.
I will report back the conditions after we visit the national parks!

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow - I'll be driving from Livingston to Kalispell right after Labor Day and I still don't know which way I'll go. I'm leaning to the west side of flathead lake as Dave recommended as the National Bison Range sounds interesting to me. I'll try to remember to report back.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wow - I'll be driving from Livingston to Kalispell right after Labor Day and I still don't know which way I'll go. I'm leaning to the west side of flathead lake as Dave recommended as the National Bison Range sounds interesting to me. I'll try to remember to report back.

It's a nice drive. Lots of nice views along the lake shore. The National Bison Range is a bit south from the lake, but not far. I drove from Missoula to Glacier and did the Bison Range along the way. It's a drive-through experience (with a great Visitor's Center.) I'll stop there again the next time I'm in the area. I've never seen Pronghorn just standing in a field about 50 feet from the road. It was pretty amazing. https://www.fws.gov/refuge/national_bison_range/

You can see the route on this map, from the Bison Range at the bottom, to Kalispell at the top. Easy drive, and well worthwhile. :thumbup:

Bison Range.png

Dave

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you have never before driven the Beartooth Highway, and the highway is open when you travel, I would include that in my travel itinerary. It is one of the most spectacular roads in the world.

It will take you into Yellowstone, so you will end up reaching Teton NP via Yellowstone NP. But passing through Yellowstone is not a disadvantage, in my opinion.

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info! We will try to see if we can drive Beartooth Highway when we are there!

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
A plug for a visit to Lewis & Clark Caverns on your way. It's a fascinating system of caves and not really that far out of your way.