• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RSW to Ft. Myers Beach - Best Route

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Google maps has three routes close in mileage and time and I was wondering if anyone has a preferred route? Heading to north end of FMB and would be right around noon on a Saturday.

Mark

Bwolf

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Put Waze on your cell phone and follow it. It will give you the best route based upon traffic. It is our "go to" for RSW to Sanibel.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is only one way, go north on I75 to Daniels, take it though to Summerlin, and head south to fort Myers beach. At one point you will turn to fort Myers beach or to Sanibel island. I am curious what three routes are, only other way I can think of is get off on Daniels, take six mile cypress, turns into gladiolus, then get on Summerlin. That might save a little mileage. That is a very heavy traffic area, maybe not as bad in August

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... [The] only other way I can think of is get off on Daniels, take Six Mile Cypress, turns into Gladiolus, then get on Summerlin.

Google recommends I-75 S. to Alico, W. to Tamiami Trail, then N. to Gladiolus & Summerlin.
But IMHO, N. to Daniels, Daniels to Summerlin, makes more sense.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Google recommends I-75 S. to Alico, W. to Tamiami Trail, then N. to Gladiolus & Summerlin.
But IMHO, N. to Daniels, Daniels to Summerlin, makes more sense.

Yes, that adds some unnecessary driving

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I would go north to Daniels and take it to six mile cypress which moves a little faster than Daniels. Only two bridges across to the beaches, and the other one is down in Bonita springs

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the recommendations. I appreciate it.

Mark

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I stay on Alico sometimes. I've never taken that route to the beach, but the traffic is light, so that might be the incentive. Traffic onto the beach is crazy, especially in the afternoon. I'd just let my phone tell me the fastest route.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stay on Alico sometimes. I've never taken that route to the beach, but the traffic is light, so that might be the incentive. Traffic onto the beach is crazy, especially in the afternoon. I'd just let my phone tell me the fastest route.

You stay on alico from where? It is east west road south of airport.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
You stay on alico from where? It is east west road south of airport.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn on the south side and stayed a few weeks ago on the north side at the Homewood Suites. I usually don't get to the beach when I'm working in Fort Myers, but have driven over to Tamiami for restaurants. If I plan to be going to the beach, I stay at the Residence Inn near the bridge to Sanibel or the Homewood Suites closer to Tamiami.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the Residence Inn on the south side and stayed a few weeks ago on the north side at the Homewood Suites. I usually don't get to the beach when I'm working in Fort Myers, but have driven over to Tamiami for restaurants. If I plan to be going to the beach, I stay at the Residence Inn near the bridge to Sanibel or the Homewood Suites closer to Tamiami.

I live off corkscrew read