• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sales guy helped me get VIP Silver without buying more points

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
At Fairfield Glade for a few days and had meeting with sales, deeding and ? Now got email from trust to nominate board members. The manager here is on the board for CWA but not the trust.

Whoozr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Bonnet Creek, Kingsgate, Ocean Blvd), Twin Rivers
So we went to an update at Royal Vista in May, the day after the launch. While we were there, the sales guy looks at our account and tells me there is a problem. I put on my best shocked face that I could muster up, and ask him what could it possibly be? I like to string them a long until I get bored. He proceeds to tell me that the PIC is wrong on my account. Its showing as a one bedroom when it's a two bedroom. 105k points versus 154k. He proceeds to tell me that he can get it fixed if we bought more points. As an added bonus, he thinks he can convince Wyndham to let him sell me an 84k points package instead of the minimum 154k. Stop me if the thick sarcasm is not leaking through these words. I knew Owner Care would fix it for free, so I politely (I use that word loosely) declined the offer. When we got back, I contact Owner Care to get the process started. I asked them to fix my PIC and to grandfather me to Silver. If the PIC would have been correct, I would have been VIP silver, because back then, it was 300k. Between the contract and the PIC, I would have had enough to be Silver VIP. It took about a dozen calls, hour and hours of hold time, many emails, and finally an email to the CEO, Michael Brown (who actually responded) before it got corrected, but it's fixed. In my email to Michael I laid out my requests:

1. Correct my PIC to reflect a two bedroom lock out. I asked them to enrolled each side as a separate week, with a total of 210k points. Check.

2. Grandfather me into VIP Silver. Check.

3. Goodwill points (yes, that's a real thing) to make up for the 945k points i have been shorted over the past 9 years. The total value of those points is over $236k. I'm just asking for the points, but I mentioned the monetary value in my email to the CEO, because that is a language execs understand. Not addressed yet.

Michael Brown replied to my email saying he forwarded my email to multiple leaders and they would need a few days to figure out a path to resolution. No one has called, but the first two requests are completed. They may still be figuring out what to do, if anything, about the 3rd.

So that's my story of how the sales guy helped me get VIP without buying more points. His con actually helped me get more points and VIP status, without spending a dime. I know that was not his intent, but still. Thanks sales guy! Best Owners update gift ever!

Moral of the story is , if you have a PIC, check it now, to make sure you are getting the allotted # of points. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this...

One Bedroom 105k points
two bedroom 154k points
three bedroom 254k points

Lockouts can be enrolled as two separate weeks. In my case I had a two bedroom lock out that was enrolled as two separate one bedrooms. Side A was week 1 of my PIC, Side B is Week 2. Total 210k points instead of 154k if i enrolled it as a single two bedroom. You can do either with lock outs. A single unit or two separate units.

Hope this helps!
Where can I find the the CEO’s email address?