• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Secret Deeds

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone might as well spill the beans on the deeds that transfer and keep Wyndham direct purchase status. Many are convinced here that a Wyndham employee reads all this. Slingers ad here and ebay has generated discussion in different forums and threads. Since this has been exposed for the world to see. If Wyndham could possibly close the loophole it would be closed by now. So why not share your knowledge? I thought that is why we all come here.

It's not the secret but if it was as simple as setting up a llc or trust. Why don't you see resellers and brokers doing that ?

Hopefully someone shares the knowledge and stop teasing the rest of us. After all if Wyndham can stop it from happening I'm sure they already would've. All Wyndham had to do was look at some of the mega renters accounts under suspension to find out for themselves.

Why not share ? Are sending PMs after telling people to resend ? To make sales and a quick buck? I don't think that's the intention of TUG

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know of no full proof, absolute way to transfer a Member Number with a VIP level to include the VIP status. And I know, if any deed which contributes to a VIP Status is REMOVED ... the VIP Status is lowered or eliminated.

So if you really want VIP status ... buy it. Or inherit it. Or marry into it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know of no full proof, absolute way to transfer a Member Number with a VIP level to include the VIP status. And I know, if any deed which contributes to a VIP Status is REMOVED ... the VIP Status is lowered or eliminated.

So if you really want VIP status ... buy it. Or inherit it. Or marry into it.

Didn't you turn me down when I asked

Braindead really is, if he thinks anyone is going to share the secret on a public forum

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Telling one person a secret can end up with everyone knowing the secret. Thus it is no longer a secret. I don't fault people for not sharing everything they have learned or discovered. Have seen many a loopholes closed because of comments on here.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was the braindead of a few years ago. I kept at it until someone shared their secret with me. (Certain Pahio weeks convert to VIP points) That secret and $25000 got me my first two platinum accounts. I understand that loophole is now closed and the salesmen that could do it are gone

As far as how I got 3 more platinum accounts, it is a secret I tripped over
I buy (or bought) and sold a lot of points; something like 100 million over the last several years. I also talked to every salesman that would talk to me and I talk to several other guys that own as much as I did. Turned out we all had VIP accounts we couldn't explain. We compared notes and details of our accounts and discovered the " secret" We tested it and figured out how to duplicate it

So you can discover it too. buy enough contraacts and keep your eyes open and you can figure it out. . If you are lucky you will get it done before Wyndham slams that door shut too

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ron, now you want me to go buy Points. You tease... ;)

Dave

timesharemom22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they add the winner of the ebay listing to the deed therefore granting them vip status and then remove the original owner. Just a thought.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe they add the winner of the ebay listing to the deed therefore granting them vip status and then remove the original owner. Just a thought.

That was suggested in another thread and Ron said that wasn't how it is done. Also suggested was a LLC and once again we were told that is not how either.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was suggested in another thread and Ron said that wasn't how it is done. Also suggested was a LLC and once again we were told that is not how either.

Correct. Neither of those options will be employed.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Since no one is willing to share, I doubt they would corroborate a hypothesis.

timesharemom22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone just ask the seller of the listing? If they are offering it as a part of the sale they have to divulge the process right?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone just ask the seller of the listing? If they are offering it as a part of the sale they have to divulge the process right?

Incorrect.

The buyer is entitled to exactly what the auction states. Per Ebay policy.

So the buyer will get 1,143,000 points and a platinum VIP account.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

No the seller does not have to divulge the process. He only has to deliver what's promised

If I was the seller I would ask my buyer to put the money in escrow to be released only after he becomes platinum and if he dosent become platinum he gets his money back

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Or the seller could be wrong and have no idea that platinum won't transfer.

Hopefully the purchaser knew enough to make sure the contract that they signed with the seller stated that the platinum would apply to the transferred account and if not the money would be returned and the deeds would be reversed all at the sellers expense and any MF billed or paid by the buyer during the time when Wyndham recognized the buyer as the owner would be the responsibility of the seller.

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
May be something as simple as VIP at a specific resort, converted FW, or whatever. Wonder if it might have to do with VIP status that was obtained at a lower (grandfathered) point level, perhaps in some combination of what is already in the buyer's account.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are lucky you will get it done before Wyndham slams that door shut too
If you keep dangling the carrot it's going to slam shut sooner than later given this is a stated method of communicating with Wyn that has been employed for the last 6 years.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I didn't think the Platinum benefits were worth it?

happyhopian

Reaction score
I can tell you AS A FACT, that if you change your ownership to an LLC and YOU as a developer purchase stay as an authorized user, you WILL retain VIP status and it will never leave. That is a fact and anyone who wants to debate it can PM me and I will send the screenshots. The same is true for a trust. These are not loopholes. They cost more money but they are legal rights of ownership which cannot be denied by Wyndham. An LLC is just as much an entity as person, again this is not debatable. I have it so let's find something else to argue about. You are welcome to call title services and ask them about placing ownership in a trust or LLC or other entity and how one would go about adding authorized users/owners (hint: they are the same and known as other owners up to 6).

Now does this transfer your recently purchased resale points from a person who was a developer purchase to you with VIP status included? No, but there are other loopholes. In the past there were opportunities during the recession to trade in resale points and purchase more points which would convert everything to developer purchase (this was offered to me). There was also the 'friend' of a salesperson in title service would press the right key when entering a contract. I cannot comment on these beyond them being told or shared with me but I'm sure it happened. There is also the random mistake. I had one of those happen to me. Bought a resale contract and it showed up in my account with developer VIP. Don't know why and I didn't call to ask.

There were several legitimate, known by wyndham loopholes back in the day, like Ron said some if not all have been closed. I am not an expert on all those various options but remember this - you can have up to six people on the account/ownership and VIP status is extended to all of those people. Several years ago it was posted on here that one could purchase a VIP membership by adding the buyers name to the contract and leaving the other's name intact, which moving payment responsibility to the new buyer. That got me thinking and I developed a way to transfer a vip ownership to one of my accounts. The question is this - is it hit or miss when you remove the original owner? I don't know but I know I had numerous conversations wiht title services back when I first learned of it and it was allowed but we decided to go another route for long term ownership.

Example: You buy 1m points VIP. Leave seller on contract. Add yourself and wife. Change payment responsibility to buyer, place credit card on file for automatic payment. Everyone has VIP. At one time (cannot confirm today) the seller could later be removed and VIP status remains. Again, this is not debatable with me as I can claim this being done by a business partner, but I cannot confirm it is still possible today.

The point here is that there are ways but they are not obvious and they are only known by a few who have done it or paid the money to have it done. If everyone started doing it, they would go away and most likely they have but once granted they are not going away. One thing I did learn. Wyndham has no historical information when they transfer a deed or contract. Just try calling them and asking them who owned your contract before you. They have no idea.

happyhopian

Reaction score

Ron is wise, but is not all knowing. There is more than one way to skin a cat and it may not be Ron's way of doing it ;)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you keep dangling the carrot it's going to slam shut sooner than later given this is a stated method of communicating with Wyn that has been employed for the last 6 years.

Yes I used the public forums to communicate with Wyndham over the last 6 years. I wanted them to know know how much renting was going on and take action to limit it. I figured they would put the big guys out of business.(like they did just before I got involved) But I would find new loopholes to exploit and grow into the void they created

And it worked. Every rule change made it more difficult for the small renters and easier for the points managers and the timeshare relief companies to thrive. I found my niche taking points from the relief companies and supplying the points managers. And the loophole that made it possible was the one that made it possible to have multiple platinum accounts that cost me nothing (the secret)

Backing up a bit.

It is possible to make a profit renting without the platinum discount but it's tough to scale because you will be competing with the guys that do get the discount.

And If to get the discount you have to pay developer prices for your points it is equally difficult to scale.

large scale renting works best when you can own points or have access to points with very little invested and get the discount

I got most of my points for nothing or next to nothing and I made my accounts platinum for next to nothing. And that's the case with every other large scale renter I know

In my "audit" Wyndham spent a great deal of time and effort learning just how I did it.

Now they know

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron is wise, but is not all knowing. There is more than one way to skin a cat and it may not be Ron's way of doing it ;)

I tried to get to VIP by convincing VIP sellers to put their contracts into an LLC and then buying that LLC. It was a tough sell. And I was competing with the points managers that paid the VIP owners mf for them

I may not be all knowing but I know a lot. Why do you think I was one of the first of the suspended owners to reach "resolution"