• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Secret Deeds

happyhopian

Reaction score
I tried to get to VIP by convincing VIP sellers to put their contracts into an LLC and then buying that LLC. It was a tough sell. And I was competing with the points managers that paid the VIP owners mf for them

I may not be all knowing but I know a lot. Why do you think I was one of the first of the suspended owners to reach "resolution"

We agree. I said you were wise, just not all knowing (and I do think you know a lot too) but I believe we ALL learn something every day. I'm sure you learned a few things from the 'suspension'. I am glad you kept all of your VIP statuses after they reviewed your account. Maybe they didn't look back at the deeds maybe they did and gave you a thumbs up. Either way it is good to know that you went through a colonoscopy and they didn't revoke any of that.

Each of us found our own ways to accomplish things. I have a three different ones. Purchased upgrade from other points with a developer purchase during the recession was also one though I haven't heard that being offered lately. Your details make the difference in understanding why that route didn't work for you. In that case it was a tough sell because the seller didn't care about getting a higher value or helping you our and the point managers were paying them for their use. I've done it though. I confirmed with Wyndham it works and then I did it and in fact still have it to this day. Maybe the close that too, though the would have to change Florida law to prevent corporate or entity ownership. An LLC is a wrapper that seals liability. Whether Wyndham amends to allow VIP to a person and not an entity would be a questions but it is currently defined as an owner/purchaser which under florida law (and all states as far as I know) can be many entities and not a person.

Remember when you sell an LLC you sell the entity, not the assets. I own lots of other property besides my times share hobby. When I sell an apartment complex, we don't generally sell the asset we sell the business. The deeds don't change, just the ownership in the company which holds the title to the assets.

Now the problem you experienced is the one I shared. I am not certain you always find others willing to do this. My experience is that by the time most people's assets reach the resale market they are toast and ready to get out. In my case I happened to make a contact with an interested seller who wanted out, at the very time they started thinking about it. I had to hold their hand and nurture them to be comfortable in the transaction. That is not going to happen on an Ebay purchase ;)

Like the Trust solution, I just wanted to share with others some of the options I have learned. No hard feelings, not trying to step on toes. My solution doesn't help everyone and it will irritate some but it is in fact another tool in the shed that someone in the future might need to know about. I suggest that one call Wyndham Title Services on the phone, ask them some questions about ownership transfer and record the call. Call back and do it again. Get comfortable with the answers. I would not suggest you call and be so thick as to ask "how can I transfer an ownership to an unrelated third party and retain VIP status" Your answer will be you cannot but if you ask them if you can add another owner to the account while you remain on the account will that owner receive VIP benefits, you will get the answer you are looking for. In the end you should ask if it is worth the hassle and it is not free. There is money involved and one should pay a lawyer to make certain it is transacted propertly.

happyhopian

Reaction score
In my "audit" Wyndham spent a great deal of time and effort learning just how I did it.

Now they know

And they didn't revoke them from you. That is an important key to all of this. I think this is evidence to my point before you are wise and you researched and processed all of this very carefully. For that it seems you were rewarded with a win, though you may have had other losses. Good job

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And they didn't revoke them from you. That is an important key to all of this. I think this is evidence to my point before you are wise and you researched and processed all of this very carefully. For that it seems you were rewarded with a win, though you may have had other losses. Good job

I didnt say that.. all I said was that "the parties have resolved their differences"

I understand LLCs and their purpose, regarding liability and secrecy and the fact that they live forever. I just paid the annual fees to the Florida secretary of state, for 3 florida llcs

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
There is also the random mistake. I had one of those happen to me. Bought a resale contract and it showed up in my account with developer VIP. Don't know why and I didn't call to ask.

How can you tell if a deed you own is marked "resale" or "developer" purchase?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
How can you tell if a deed you own is marked "resale" or "developer" purchase?

You have to look into the Wyndham system. There is a flag. It is either yes or No. I am not aware of any way to see the flag other than at a presentation, but other here have posted the flag, I just don't see it on any of my contracts, but all of my contracts are paid off and perhaps that is why they don't show the flag.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you can tell from the deed if you look at the seller section. If its' not a Wyndham entity then I believe it is resell.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you can tell from the deed if you look at the seller section. If its' not a Wyndham entity then I believe it is resell.

This identifies whether a deed should be resale or not, but not how it is actually coded when Wyndham records the contract.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the end point of this discussion is that some contracts are not coded as resale, (no flag) and they transfer with no flag

I don't understand why but it is and I was able to collect enough of these contracts to become VIP

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It sounds like the Wyndham lawyers were not smart enough to secure a broad non-disclosure from Ron.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Wyndham lawyers were not smart enough to secure a broad non-disclosure from Ron.

Or Ron wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut

The real answer I think is that I don't think this topic is part of the resolution of our differences.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I may not be all knowing but I know a lot. Why do you think I was one of the first of the suspended owners to reach "resolution"
Knowledge and experience can be it's own currency, especially when a player is willing to share the team signals with the opposing side. Can also be useful when gearing up to more permanently switch teams.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Knowlege and experience can be it's own currency, especially when a player is willing to share the team signals with the opposing side. Can also be useful when gearing up to more permanently switch teams.

LOL rawr!