• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX for New York

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide on what to do about our 2017 week - we don't really plan on using it so most likely we would deposit it with sfx (as I still haven't taken the plunge to join II or RCI). We have been quite happy with our previous exchanges (London and Coronado) but sfx does show only a limited number of resorts on their website so I want to make sure that we will be able to use our deposit for something we want.

I am thinking of possibly visiting New York City this year (either in June or August). I have seen posts in the past about people exchanging into NYC with sfx but was wondering whether that still seems a realistic hope? I'd also appreciate any additional info about which resorts would be best/fees or anything else in that regard.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Probably a good bet you can get NYC with SFX. They limit how many times you can go to places like that. It's a shame because I really want it for next spring and have tons of weeks to burn with SFX.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising... Unfortunately, we would have a limited time frame (probably 2 weeks in June or 2 in August) that we could go as we are tied to school vacations. We only have one timeshare so I don't want to "waste" it by depositing and not getting something I can use.

Is one of the resorts there better than the other (I think there are two listed on the website)? I did take a look at the reviews but it is difficult to tell how they would compare.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest calling them and asking. We've been to NYC twice through SFX. The first time was in Feb. and the second was in early April. Both times we got West 57th and it was only a hotel room. There was no room for a roll-away bed or anything else in the room so if you have more than 2 people and if you're tied to a specific schedule, my guess is that your chances are slim to none. But they can answer your questions better than any of us. By the way, SFX isn't limited to the resorts that they have on their website and their stock is very limited. Ignore what you see listed on the site.