• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX Great Getaway Weeks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
Has anyone used the last minute weeks offered by Sfx?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
Has anyone ever purchased one of the reduced weeks SFX offers to members? They are offering an all inclusive week for $199 for 2 for a week in June. Also is it ok for them to book the travel?

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
Has anyone ever purchased one of the reduced weeks SFX offers to members? They are offering an all inclusive week for $199 for 2 for a week in June. Also is it ok for them to book the travel?
In RCI the fee would not include the "inclusive" daily fee. I would bet its the same here as the $199 is about what the extra weeks or getaways go for before you factor in the $xxx per person per day fees. Read the fine print.

JuliGee

Reaction score
Yes, many times. I just responded to your same question in the post Value of exchange.

Juli

JuliGee

Reaction score
In RCI the fee would not include the "inclusive" daily fee. I would bet its the same here as the $199 is about what the extra weeks or getaways go for before you factor in the $xxx per person per day fees. Read the fine print.

JuliGee

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right to me. $199 for a week including an inclusive which is food and beverage as well?? I have had $199 weeks before, but none of them with an all inclusive.

Is that offered on their website?

Juli

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
For a regular rental or exchange week with SFX the AI would be a separate fee and at the nicer resorts will be at least $100-$150 per person per day. SFX does periodically get promotional weeks, which you have to qualify for in terms of income and 2 cohabitating adults, at some nice AI's in the $1200-1600 range for 2 depending on the time of year. These are the types that really do regularly retail in the $2000-$6000 range. Supposedly you are not required to attend a presentation but they will hound you to do so and you must meet the requirements in case you cave. These are advertised under specials and not with the regular sell off or exchange inventory.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
That doesn't sound right to me. $199 for a week including an inclusive which is food and beverage as well?? I have had $199 weeks before, but none of them with an all inclusive.

Is that offered on their website?

Juli
Its on the sfx travelshop website in the great getaways section. Its for an all inclusive for a specific week in June in Curacaou. Its an all inclusive resort.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
For a regular rental or exchange week with SFX the AI would be a separate fee and at the nicer resorts will be at least $100-$150 per person per day. SFX does periodically get promotional weeks, which you have to qualify for in terms of income and 2 cohabitating adults, at some nice AI's in the $1200-1600 range for 2 depending on the time of year. These are the types that really do regularly retail in the $2000-$6000 range. Supposedly you are not required to attend a presentation but they will hound you to do so and you must meet the requirements in case you cave. These are advertised under specials and not with the regular sell off or exchange inventory.
Its not a rental or exchange, its a week at an AI for $199 plus airfare. The resort is an all inclusive. Its in the great getaways as low as $49 section on their travelshop site with taxes and fees its about $285, still seems really low, they said its surplus inventory and less than 90 booking. Since vie never used them before I want to make sure its not a scam.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You would need to call to find out the rate. The RCI AI fee for those dates would be $113 per adult per day- minimum of 2 adults and 7 nights so $1582 on top of the $199.

From the details on the SFX website when you press the book tab:
Curacao Curacao/ Netherlands Antilles

Property Overview: Mandatory All Inclusive, fees will be charged to all guests at the time of check-in - See resort details for all inclusive rates and amenities.Curaçao is a beautiful small island, 38 miles long and 4 miles wide located in the south western part of the Caribbean Sea. Discover Curaçao's abundant natural beauty, pristine dive sites and spectacular snorkeling at 35 un-crowded secluded beaches selected as one of the 'Top 10 Beach Destinations for 2011' by SmarterTravel. Curaçao offers idyllic weather, situated outside of the Hurricane Belt.

All-Inclusive Information:
- This is a Mandatory All-Inclusive resort
- All-Inclusive fees are not included in the price of the guestroom
- All-Inclusive fees are to be paid for all guests to the resort at the time of check in, at the prevailing rate
- All-Inclusive rates are not guaranteed, the resort reserves the right to change rates at any time

Essential Information:
- Guestroom rate is based on double occupancy
- Additional persons will be charged All-Inclusive fees, per person, per night, up to the maximum occupancy allowed
- If maximum occupancy is exceeded, the property reserves the right to charge for additional rooms, at the prevailing rate
- Final Receipt reflects total charges based on occupancy booked
- Must be 18 years or older to rent accommodations

Rate Inclusions:
- Accommodations for two (2) adults
- Tax
*This unit of inventory may be from a deposited week from another member or acquired from another source, please contact the resort for any limitations or access restrictions

Start a New Search

resorts5881external.jpg

Displaying 06/10/2017 thru 06/17/2017
« Previous Month - Next Month »

7 Night Stays
Check-in Check-out Room Type / Kitchen Guests Member Rate
10 Jun 17 Jun Hotel Unit / None 3 $199.00*

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not a rental or exchange, its a week at an AI for $199 plus airfare. The resort is an all inclusive. Its in the great getaways as low as $49 section on their travelshop site

I'm fairly certain the getaways you mention (I'm an SFX Diamond member), are including the AI fees. There's certain resorts that SFX gets preferred/discounted AI rates. I've used one of them for the El Cid Puerto Morelos resort (the price included the AI fees).

For those of you not familiar, SFX Resorts is an Exchange Company but they have an "affiliated" Travel Store. (if you use the travel store cruise/resort booking engine you'll see it's ovs/ice). The cruise/resorts listed there are cash purchases (no exchange necessary) that are discounted. If you have *very* flexible (or last minute plans), some of the resort options are quite nice and cheap, IMO.

However, if you want to be "safe" you can always call and verify that the price does indeed include the AI fees. The only personal experience I have is with the El Cid resort. I don't know about the El Dorado ones at "last minute". (flights for me "last minute" from Albany, NY are atrociously expensive to Mexico most of the time).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
You would need to call to find out the rate. The RCI AI fee for those dates would be $113 per adult per day- minimum of 2 adults and 7 nights so $1582 on top of the $199.

From the details on the SFX website when you press the book tab:
Curacao Curacao/ Netherlands Antilles

Property Overview: Mandatory All Inclusive, fees will be charged to all guests at the time of check-in - See resort details for all inclusive rates and amenities.Curaçao is a beautiful small island, 38 miles long and 4 miles wide located in the south western part of the Caribbean Sea. Discover Curaçao's abundant natural beauty, pristine dive sites and spectacular snorkeling at 35 un-crowded secluded beaches selected as one of the 'Top 10 Beach Destinations for 2011' by SmarterTravel. Curaçao offers idyllic weather, situated outside of the Hurricane Belt.

All-Inclusive Information:
- This is a Mandatory All-Inclusive resort
- All-Inclusive fees are not included in the price of the guestroom
- All-Inclusive fees are to be paid for all guests to the resort at the time of check in, at the prevailing rate
- All-Inclusive rates are not guaranteed, the resort reserves the right to change rates at any time

Essential Information:
- Guestroom rate is based on double occupancy
- Additional persons will be charged All-Inclusive fees, per person, per night, up to the maximum occupancy allowed
- If maximum occupancy is exceeded, the property reserves the right to charge for additional rooms, at the prevailing rate
- Final Receipt reflects total charges based on occupancy booked
- Must be 18 years or older to rent accommodations

Rate Inclusions:
- Accommodations for two (2) adults
- Tax
*This unit of inventory may be from a deposited week from another member or acquired from another source, please contact the resort for any limitations or access restrictions

Start a New Search

resorts5881external.jpg

Displaying 06/10/2017 thru 06/17/2017
« Previous Month - Next Month »

7 Night Stays
Check-in Check-out Room Type / Kitchen Guests Member Rate
10 Jun 17 Jun Hotel Unit / None 3 $199.00*

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan
I'm fairly certain the getaways you mention (I'm an SFX Diamond member), are including the AI fees. There's certain resorts that SFX gets preferred/discounted AI rates. I've used one of them for the El Cid Puerto Morelos resort (the price included the AI fees).

For those of you not familiar, SFX Resorts is an Exchange Company but they have an "affiliated" Travel Store. (if you use the travel store cruise/resort booking engine you'll see it's ovs/ice). The cruise/resorts listed there are cash purchases (no exchange necessary) that are discounted. If you have *very* flexible (or last minute plans), some of the resort options are quite nice and cheap, IMO.

However, if you want to be "safe" you can always call and verify that the price does indeed include the AI fees. The only personal experience I have is with the El Cid resort. I don't know about the El Dorado ones at "last minute". (flights for me "last minute" from Albany, NY are atrociously expensive to Mexico most of the time).
Did they book your travel as well?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they book your travel as well?

No, I did the airfare booking myself. Can't say as I've ever gotten discounts with them for airfare (with those travel store "credits" they give you). But we flew American because we each had $300 credit vouchers from a previous flight that was overbooked.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ah, there you have it. $199 for the room and you'll have to pay extra for the AI fees. You can probably get it cheaper booking direct, to be honest. I've seen similar ones (not just with SFX) where the AI fees plus the fee for exchange is way more than if you'd booked it yourself through either cheap caribbean or expedia.