TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

So Begins Flying Nightmare

Discussion in 'Vacation Travel Information' started by mpumilia, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham VIP Platinum, HGVC Elite, Tradewinds, HICV, +
    Also if there is a schedule change CHECK the flights. The computer will reschedule you if there are cancellations or changes. But it is not always as smart as it should be.

I have had the computer automatically book me an outbound connecting flight that LEFT BEFORE my inbound flight arrived.

I have had computer push my connecting time to the next day because of loads, allowable connecting times, and flight schedule changes. If the NEW schedule does NOT work, call. ASAP to fix it at NO charge. I have discussed having them refund my ticket because that wasn't going to work, but that conversation often seems to assist them in finding a solution.

This works great for reward tickets too. I have booked the cheap miles awards as soon as they become available, I pick an acceptable routing that has cheap miles, even if it is not optimal. There is a really go chance the schedule will change. Hopefully you can use that schedule change to your advantage.

I cannot stress this enough, it is strongly advised that you have the current schedule available that you want already figured out so that you don't have to take what they offer. You can suggest that they move you to what you want.

2. mpumilia

mpumilia Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    T

This is where my inexperience with flying in recent years really shows! Lol!

3. mpumilia

mpumilia Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    One other thing I just did is I changed my reservation at the Quality Inn in Estes Park (which has very good reviews, btw) to Rams Horn Resort. Cost me a fortune- way, way more than I intended to spend- but I couldn't bear the thought of spending 7 nights in just a room (it was really bothering me- I am so spoiled with staying in timeshares! LOL!) and I like staying at resorts as opposed to individual homes (like on Home Away). I tried Redweek and also a Worldmark owner I rented from before in West Yellowstone, but the Redweek Worldmark owner didn't have my dates and the other Worldmark owner said there were only a few random dates available.

So- I took the plunge! I must say, I have never, ever had such a crazy time with planning a vacation! Nor have I ever put this much time into it! OMG! I am exhausted! LOL!:whooopie: