• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So many regrets

BettyBoop52

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought our first timeshare in 1998 then two more in other years - yes, from the developers. Although we eventually got rid of two of the three, the only one we regretted purchasing was the one in Mexico. The other two allowed us to do exchanges and travel & stay in beautiful places with accommodations we could never have afforded otherwise. For us, Timeshare ownership has been great. The $$ we paid was worth the value we got from the amazing vacations we were able to take which would never have happened without timeshare ownership.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Might I suggest, since you own a Marriott try exchanging to Hawaii before buying. You could try different islands to see where you would like to own. We went to Hawaii last June, but we exchanged to Maui thru another TUG member. We are not interested in owning there. Too expensive and a long trip for us from Florida. We did love it there and we also did 3 nights at Ko Olina in Oahu. That's a Marriott next to Disney Aluna. Safe Travels!
Silentg
Thank you for the suggestion. I will follow it. I know that each island has a different feel and have not tried the Ko Olina. Safe Travels to you also.

hammerhammer

Reaction score
It seems as though, if you come to visit this site among others and read the posts, there are so many people that are sorry they ever purchased their timeshare.

One day they woke up and thought, why did I ever do this? It seemed so promising and wonderful at the time. Now, it's nothing more than a heavy financial burden that they carry and can't get out from under.

Isn't there anyone out there that's happy with their decision and would do it again? Isn't there anyone out there that has indeed profited, no matter how small, by renting out a timeshare they couldn't make use of?

Come on people. There must be more than a few that are happy with their decision.

Sorry... rant over.
I love both my timeshare weeks!

I have no regrets at all.

I have not made money on them yet but could if I wanted to.

We smile the entire time at our timeshares and bring others with.

I would do it again tomorrow and am looking to add a week!

I love the fact I can walk away from my timeshare with ZERO expense or problems.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have had a timeshare since 1981. If people are unhappy with timeshares, it's because they paid too much or don't understand the concept. Timeshares are not an investment, they are the sharing of time. We bought where we like to go. Because you can't always find timeshares available when you want to go. We used to vacation mostly during summer when our kids were small and we bought one week
used it primarily at the location. Later we bought another at another location and used it for trades. Since our kids are grown and on their own we have bought a few more timeshares at places we enjoy, but are able to travel outside of summer now. We have been exchanging with RCI, II, DAE, and TUG too. There are so many places to go. But even if we just go to our own timeshares we have a variety of places. Most of the complaints I see on here are about places TUG members have exchanged into. Over all most of us seem to enjoy our home resorts? It's also helpful to post reviews of timeshares for others to see and keep everyone informed about resorts.
Silentg

molonlabe

Reaction score
It seems as though, if you come to visit this site among others and read the posts, there are so many people that are sorry they ever purchased their timeshare.

One day they woke up and thought, why did I ever do this? It seemed so promising and wonderful at the time. Now, it's nothing more than a heavy financial burden that they carry and can't get out from under.

Isn't there anyone out there that's happy with their decision and would do it again? Isn't there anyone out there that has indeed profited, no matter how small, by renting out a timeshare they couldn't make use of?

Come on people. There must be more than a few that are happy with their decision.

Sorry... rant over.

Yes, we LOVE our TS.... BUT, we got it for almost nothing through ebay, not from the developer. Bought 10,000 bluegreen points for $13. As opposed to $40,000 that BG charges for 10k points these days. but i can see how people who pay full price might be very disappointed. haven't rented out or sold any points, because we travel a lot and we use them all, but can sell thru ebay if i decide to.