• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Spammer!] Whats your take on SellMyTimeshareNow.com Inc.?

C.H.Herndon41

Reaction score
Visited the site and want to know what you think of SellMyTimeshareNow .com Inc. for my vacation property marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
They charge a high upfront fee. They don't guarantee anything, so you probably will just throw your money away. Once they have your money they have absolutely no incentive to contact you when someone answers your ad. They are the in-between people, and that's not good. You have to count on that company to do as they say, and they most likely will not.

We heard bad stuff from a former employee of SMTN, and he/ she basically said it's a scam.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a simple rule about timeshare business offers:

ANYONE who charges a large upfront fee is going to scam you - PERIOD.

It is easy to sell your timeshare yourself, or use a reputable broker who charges a fee after the sale, but commission starts at about $1,000 and most timeshares don't even sell for $1,000 in this economy.

Because of the economy, most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail. I know that is a bitter pill to swallow, but these scammers are preying on TS owners who don't want to accept that.

Here's how to find out what your timeshare is selling for on the resale market:

1) Register with ebay
2) Sign in
3) Search for your resort by exact name
4) From the menu on the left find the "Buying Formats" heading and click "choose more"
5) On the next page click "completed listings"
6) The next page will show you current selling prices
(Be sure you look at the completed listings - those are actually SELLING prices - you will find asking prices all over the place, but what really counts is what they actually sold for.)​

If you poke around a bit, you will see that there are more than 300 timeshares listed on ebay for $0-100 - most with no bids. Many people are having a hard time even giving away their timeshares these days.

If you discover that your TS has no resale value, it may be possible to give it away, if it is paid off, and all your fees are up to date. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

On the other hand, if you don't have to get rid of this timeshare, we can definitely help you get more use out of it. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
They charge a large upfront fee and you get nothing beyond a generic ad on their website. They give the impression that they provide other valuable assistance in selling, but they do not. You are still responsible for responding to inquiries and negotiating with potential buyers. Their advertising is also deceptive as they do not do the volume of business they would lead you to believe.

Depending on what you own, their fee may be higher than the value of your timeshare. I would suggest you do some research to get an idea of what your timeshare is worth and sell it yourself here at TUG or with a lower cost site like RedWeek.

If your timeshare has value and is priced right it will sell. There is no reason to pay a large upfront fee for nothing.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh brother! The OP is a spammer that I've already banned under 2 different names this morning... :rolleyes:

This spammer has created 16 TUG user names at his place of employment. Maybe I should let his boss know? :rofl:

*I visited his employer's website and used their email function to leave an anonymous tip! :D

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh brother! The OP is a spammer that I've already banned under 2 different names this morning... :rolleyes:

A neverending thankless job

We apprecaite what you do Denise

dan_hoog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad most are very weak spammers. They don't think to try posting a dozen times first, maybe even two, before the blatant spam messages.

I personally won't begin spamming until I hit 1000 :)

Your efforts are appreciated. Thank You.

A neverending thankless job

We apprecaite what you do Denise

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visited the site and want to know what you think of SellMyTimeshareNow .com Inc. for my vacation property marketing.

You really want to know what I think? I visited the site too. The units for sale are way overpriced. That indicates to me a typical scam preying on people who are unaware of the real plight of the timeshare resale industry.

That's what i think.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even though the OP is a spammer..

My take on sellmytimesharenow.com -

Probably not the way I would go, for many reasons, besides the upfront fees that equal SCAM.

From my experience as a potential buyer:

Don't think they ever delist timeshares - I don't think there is really a seller out there TODAY that listed MGV 3BDR wk 31 (Platinum/floater) for $35,000.00 - More likely an older listing, and this is proven even more if you look at some of the maintenance fees which don't reflect this years (or last years for that matter) actuals.

I inquired about three different units (using three different disposable email addresses) - and got responses from three different reps, three of the three were "sold" and I was offered significantly higher priced ones, then offered a bigger unit (3bdr mgv plat) at 9500 which was a "steal".

All of this while researching elsewhere, and looking through ROFR database (Thanks dioxide45!)

No such thing in the resale TS world of a deal that needs to be done today in my opinion - If the deal is that good - ROFR will be exercised and you won't get the deal.

My advice is:

1. Read posts and ask questions on this site.

2. Pay for membership on TUG and read resort reviews / marketplace ads.

3. Search some other sites such as redweek in order to determine asking prices.

4. If you are going to go to a broker - know what you want first and how much you are willing to pay after doing the research.

5. Remember that right now it is a buyer's market for most TS. Don't be afraid of insulting a seller buy offering a low price.

6. Happy Hunting!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair and balanced I have used this company several times without incident. In both cases they saw my redweek ad, and brought me a renter. I did not pay a fee and then the next year rented to the same renter directly so they have been responsible for 3 rentals for me.

This doesn't justify their "tactics" whe it comes to the upfront fees, but if you are approached by them in a rental capacity I wouldn't pay them a fee but would hear them out.

e.bram

Reaction score
Denise:
If not a shill what makes the OP a spammer?
And if a shill who is he(she)shilling for. Certainly not SMTN in this forum?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise:
If not a shill what makes the OP a spammer?
And if a shill who is he(she)shilling for. Certainly not SMTN in this forum?

He registered 16 user names on TUG the last few days. He asks questions about upfront fee companies, and then endorses the company with another user name.

This is the one that got my attention - very clumsy: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140398

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair and balanced I have used this company several times without incident. In both cases they saw my redweek ad, and brought me a renter. I did not pay a fee and then the next year rented to the same renter directly so they have been responsible for 3 rentals for me.

This doesn't justify their "tactics" whe it comes to the upfront fees, but if you are approached by them in a rental capacity I wouldn't pay them a fee but would hear them out.

They brought me one of renters this winter also. No fee to me. Got my money.