• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay away from Affordable_Luxury_Item [AKA Memorable Vacations]

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Job!

I'm lending a hand in keeping this at the top of the board :).

It needs to stay active.

As soon as I have some updated news to report, I will.

Oh, wait. I do.

Jon C asked me to change my feedback to positive since everything has been resolved and that I now realize that he is not a scammer or fly-by-night company.

My issue hasn't gotten to the resolved stage because he hasn't issued a refund or responded to my credit card company. It will be resolved and I have the "temporary" credit to my account when the dispute was filed.

He must be joking, right?! :rolleyes:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Jon C asked me to change my feedback to positive since everything has been resolved and that I now realize that he is not a scammer or fly-by-night company.

My issue hasn't gotten to the resolved stage... He must be joking, right?!

Naw, he actually believes that he deserves it, or you're gullible enuff to do so.
I think that the better tactic here would be to string him along until its done.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
My waiting game is finally over. After nearly six months, the deed has recorded, Starwood recognizes us as the owners, and I paid the fees directly to Starwood yesterday, minus the interest and late fees they added. I have always paid late fees on every one I purchased before this, so I am pleased I didn't have to pay them this time. It was a nice surprise.

So the former owner can breathe easily, knowing someone is going to pay the fees on their week 27 at Sheraton Broadway Plantation from this day forward.

There was no way I was going to pay Memorable Vacations for the 2011 fees, and I am just happy it didn't cost me any penalty for waiting until Starwood recognized us as owners. All is well, but Memorable Vacations is on my list of sellers that I won't bother even viewing their listings.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Cindy, and best wishes on your new ownership....

My waiting game is finally over. After nearly six months, the deed has recorded, Starwood recognizes us as the owners, and I paid the fees directly to Starwood yesterday, minus the interest and late fees they added. I have always paid late fees on every one I purchased before this, so I am pleased I didn't have to pay them this time. It was a nice surprise.

So the former owner can breathe easily, knowing someone is going to pay the fees on their week 27 at Sheraton Broadway Plantation from this day forward.

There was no way I was going to pay Memorable Vacations for the 2011 fees, and I am just happy it didn't cost me any penalty for waiting until Starwood recognized us as owners. All is well, but Memorable Vacations is on my list of sellers that I won't bother even viewing their listings.

....and best of all, to be able to move forward and leave this unpleasantness behind. Good deal, Starwood, for not charging the interest and late fees. Like you, whenever I see an auction listed by Memorable Vacations, I don't even bother to look at it. Why would we? :eek:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Congratulations!

I've been following this saga from the beginning and I'm happy to hear that it all worked out for you in the end. Memorable Vacations is on my "Do Not Watch" list also...thanks for sharing your story and for saving me (and others) potential stress and headaches.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I partly wanted to keep this thread alive and well on TUG, too. I have ulterior motives for posting my good news.

Thank you Egret and Juanita for your well wishes. I am very happy to have this behind me. Rick's been giving me a bit of a hard time over my recent purchases and the time it's taken to close them.

Let this thread remain a warning to all who would consider Memorable Vacations for purchase.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

I got my closing with Doug Ochoa done finally :D - but only after threatening Legacy Resorts (nee Celebrity) with legal action.

Doug was waiting for 12 or so closings held up by Legacy. :wall:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Good idea about the sticky. Then these people won't have to be so "memorable", we can just refer to the sticky right away when starting to do business with any new player. And with what's about to go down in Florida with deregulation of timeshare resellers...there WILL soon be lots of new players, many of em bad and out to exploit unwitting timeshare customers. Caveat emtor, Danger Will Robinson! Over and out!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
No updates. I guess I need to check the status.

Any update on your situation Egret?

I'm on vacation in Vegas this week. I just got in from Death Valley and was checking out TUG. I saw a thread about someone wanting to buy at the resort I had purchased at from Memorable Vacations. A lot of encouragement from current owners at the resort to the potential buyer. I was concerned that perhaps this buyer would be interested in the week relisted on eBay. It is a great older resort in a great area. Jon had relisted this timeshare for half of what I originally bought it for (BIN) and has had it listed for 30 days. It's got less than 24 hours to go and no one has bought it. I'm fairly surprised. I really wanted the timeshare, but do not regret filing a dispute to get my money back due to his lack of performance and unwillingness to answer questions or provide an estoppel.

I'll update as soon I find out what's going on with this. The credit card company hasn't sent anything saying the dispute has been closed yet and I believe it's been over 30 days. Obviously, I'm not very concerned at this point, but I do need to follow up with CC company.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Timeflies! It needed a bump up!

bump it to the top.

My issue was resolved; however, it was only because I was able to resolve it through my credit card company. I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't have that avenue to take to get my money back.

Perhaps, I would have eventually had that timeshare and everything would have been in order. Jon, however, did nothing to instill confidence in his ability to do so. Too many other sellers and timeshares out there......too many wasted hours messing around with this guy.

mgood500

TUG Member
Reaction score
Memorable Vacations

I too have had nothing but problems with Jon Comas. I bought a week in
Las Vegas in January and now in mid May still don't have a deed or much communications from him. Being past the 45 day deadline with eBay to contest the sale my options are limited.

He had excuses for months and now nothing is happening.

Don't buy from Memorable Vacations or use his closing company LakesideClosingServices.com unless you want a very long drawn out transaction.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have had nothing but problems with Jon Comas. I bought a week in
Las Vegas in January and now in mid May still don't have a deed or much communications from him. Being past the 45 day deadline with eBay to contest the sale my options are limited.

He had excuses for months and now nothing is happening.

Don't buy from Memorable Vacations or use his closing company LakesideClosingServices.com unless you want a very long drawn out transaction.

Call your credit card company ASAP to file a dispute. You are nearing the filing deadline so DO NOT DELAY CALLING THEM!!

It'll take time and effort to put together the paperwork to file with the dispute but the filing is what gets Jon off his butt. Sad but true. It's what worked for both Egret and myself to finally get issues resolved.

Jon is full of excuses and delays and non-communication. Until you file with the credit card company - then he'll call you right away and cry how it's all not his fault and how YOU are being the bad guy. It's disgusting.

Be proactive on this and firm and it'll get resloved, but only if you get the credit card company involved.

Ok, I've said the same thing at least three times. Hope it helps you! Good luck!

JanetA

Reaction score
My Two Cents

I wanted to comment on this thread, because of so many red flags. If the seller is the seller and the closing company, this very well may be a red flag, and seller may not have a clue how to properly transfer timeshares. Seller also may not even be the owner of the timeshare, another possible issue/problem.
It should not take 4 months to close a timeshare resale, unless something is wrong.
If a closing company instructs you to pay maintenance fees when you are not yet the owner of record, red flag. You would be taking a very big chance doing that. What if the ownership is never properly transferred, then you just paid someone else's maintenance fees......... not recommended...
For a deeded South Carolina timeshare, a licensed South Carolina attorney's office must prepare the deed. This is South Carolina law.
I have owned and operated a timeshare closing company for 15 years and I hate hearing the stories over and over of how people have gotten burned. Buyers please do your due dilligence.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Memorable Vacations has a new eBay ID

As of May 21, 2011, Memorable Vacations has changed its eBay ID to affordable_luxury_items

They currently have 21 timeshares listed on eBay.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Changing the names to protect the quilty I guess!

Good catch! Now this thread will still pop up if anyone searches on the new name. Did you happen to notice of Lakeside Closing was still the closing company (which is Comas too)?

mgood500

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jon Comas and Memorable Vacations

I just closed my purchase of Jockey Club with Jon Comas. We did the contract in January 2011 and only after I threatened to cancel and go to court did he get the deed recorded in late May 2011. Since it was after the date you can put in a bad feedback report on eBay I didn't know what I was going to do except go to court. I also would avoid any listing from Memorable Vacations unless you want to get very frustrated for many months.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you finally got what you bought

I just closed my purchase of Jockey Club with Jon Comas. We did the contract in January 2011 and only after I threatened to cancel and go to court did he get the deed recorded in late May 2011. Since it was after the date you can put in a bad feedback report on eBay I didn't know what I was going to do except go to court. I also would avoid any listing from Memorable Vacations unless you want to get very frustrated for many months.

"Memorable Vacations has changed its eBay ID to affordable_luxury_items"

I concur, avoid Jon and his listings.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worst of the lot

"Memorable Vacations has changed its eBay ID to affordable_luxury_items"

I concur, avoid Jon and his listings.

This guy Jon Comas is a scum bag. I bought timeshare from him 3 months ago and he will not reply to emails or phone calls. Stay away from him.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
My harborside week closing took over 7 months and seller (closing co) asked me to pay 2011 MF when it was due.
I said "I will pay it when I get a recorded deed".
And deed was recorded within a week. I called starwood title dep. and spoke to Olge and explained the situation. I already e-mailed a new deed before I called them.
They changed the account within 2 hours and I could pay MF through mystarcentral. They didn't charge me the late fee.
So don't pay anything until you are an official owner. You don't know what will happen.
BTW, I thought memorable vacations are the same sellers as notorious wanted weeks. Wanted weeks had many wrong info on their TS ads before and memorable vacations do the similar mistake often.
Wanted weeks had other different ebay IDs when they suddenly disappreared.
It is just my guess, maybe I am wrong, but I thought so for a while as a full-time ebay watcher :)

Timeshare resale business has so much profit that it attracts all kinds of incompetent scumbags, who can not even spell their own name. Therefore, this guy Jon may have nothing do with Shaun of wanted weeks; Jon has earned his credentials all on his own and is giving Shaun a run for his hard earned reputation.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't understand how Jon Comas could do such a good job of selling junk items, and then the big ticket items, timeshares, he takes his sweet time.

I was just glad to get mine done, but the only reason it was finally recorded is because the current owners were getting MF bills; otherwise, I doubt it would be closed today.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
This guy Jon Comas is a scum bag. I bought timeshare from him 3 months ago and he will not reply to emails or phone calls. Stay away from him.

I forwarded Jon a link to this thread with the subject "I really like your new ebay ID". I got a call back from him and he was upset. He told me that my deed has been sent for recording (in Maine), so I asked him to sent me a copy of the document that has been sent for recording and that I will follow up with the county myself. He promised that he will do so whenever he gets a chance to get to his desk. Basically, this is his bluff and no deed has been sent (that is my guess). He also told me that his wife was in an accident and something happened to his "back", therefore he was not able to call back or return emails promptly.