• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay away from Affordable_Luxury_Item [AKA Memorable Vacations]

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, he hates this thread, so let's be sure to keep it current here on TUG. If all of us make a concerted effort, we should be able to refresh and bump it to the top every few days. Anyone looking for Jon Comas can find him here.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just curious, how would one complain to ebay after 60 days?
There was no way to complain to eBay. They were sympathetic and told me to contact my CC company. Nothing they could do.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jon's got a million reasons why he can't do what he's supposed to do

I forwarded Jon a link to this thread with the subject "I really like your new ebay ID". I got a call back from him and he was upset. He told me that my deed has been sent for recording (in Maine), so I asked him to sent me a copy of the document that has been sent for recording and that I will follow up with the county myself. He promised that he will do so whenever he gets a chance to get to his desk. Basically, this is his bluff and no deed has been sent (that is my guess). He also told me that his wife was in an accident and something happened to his "back", therefore he was not able to call back or return emails promptly.

He must love drama.

When I contacted my credit card company and left negative feedback on eBay, then he responded to my emails. But it was drama, drama, drama. He told me that I was taking food from his children's mouths. He never did want to address why he simply would not prepare the deed and send it to the County for recording.

Yes, I believe he is "bluffing" about your deed being sent. He'll keep having family issues that will keep him from handling your transaction. It's a shame you didn't see this thread before bidding on his auction.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
He must love drama.

When I contacted my credit card company and left negative feedback on eBay, then he responded to my emails. But it was drama, drama, drama. He told me that I was taking food from his children's mouths. He never did want to address why he simply would not prepare the deed and send it to the County for recording.

Yes, I believe he is "bluffing" about your deed being sent. He'll keep having family issues that will keep him from handling your transaction. It's a shame you didn't see this thread before bidding on his auction.

Well, it turned out that this was sold to me as week 31 but was week 11. Big difference since this is at Harbor Ridge resort, Maine. Jon then forwarded me estoppel letter signed by the resort and the resort manager made mistake on the letter and got confused between the unit number and the week number. So, this is not Jon's mistake. He has agreed to send me refund promptly. I will post again once I get my refund. My drama is coming to an end. Jon already sent me Bank of American notification of a payment back to me for the full amount.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to you on the upcoming end to your Comas saga.

Well, it turned out that this was sold to me as week 31 but was week 11. Big difference since this is at Harbor Ridge resort, Maine. Jon then forwarded me estoppel letter signed by the resort and the resort manager made mistake on the letter and got confused between the unit number and the week number. So, this is not Jon's mistake. He has agreed to send me refund promptly. I will post again once I get my refund. My drama is coming to an end. Jon already sent me Bank of American notification of a payment back to me for the full amount.

Please do post back at the end of your resolution.

I'm shocked Jon actually showed you the estoppel. That's the one thing that I asked for from him, so that I would know that I was getting the week # and unit # that I purchased and that all fees were current. I only asked for that once 45 days had passed without communication from him and he finally shared the fact that the deed and not been prepared. All I wanted was the estoppel at that point. Then the real drama began.

Last edited:

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remain baffled by what exactly he is getting out of all his (non) actions. Does he do it for the X number of people that finally give up and walk away from their $$? I mean, if he's going to steal, aren't there easier and better ways (so to speak)? And if he's not stealing, then again, what is he getting out of all this?

Rhetorical questions :) I doubt any of us here have one clue as to what is going thru that head of his.

M&JJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a look at ebay and noticed he currently has 32 timeshare listings on ebay and not one has a bid on them.

I wonder if the name of this thread should be changed to include his new ebay name so new buyers searching for info can see that there has been a change.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I see with his new seller ID he's selling expensive purses and other odd items. It doesn't cost that much extra to have another seller ID so I'm not sure why he's lumping both businesses into one ID. Maybe to get the positive feedback from the trinkets he's selling.

Surprisingly most of his feedback is for his accessories not his His TS stuff. The TS's look overpriced anyway so I'm glad I've skipped over his listings. :wave:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I see with his new seller ID he's selling expensive purses and other odd items. It doesn't cost that much extra to have another seller ID so I'm not sure why he's lumping both businesses into one ID. Maybe to get the positive feedback from the trinkets he's selling.
That's like the situation some years ago when one of the big upfront fee sites ("Timeshares Only"???) started running eBay auctions as part of their sales activity - to provide themselves cover that they were actually trying to sell the timeshares that owners were paying them to list.

To get a positive feedback score they ran a bunch of no reserve, $0.01 opening bid auctions for some simple trinkets, such as pens. Then when they started listing timeshares for thousands of dollars they showed as a Power Seller even though the total sum of winning bids on their auctions was less than $10.

wimom03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this information. He has one of the timeshares that we are thinking of purchasing listed on ebay. I'll removed it from my watch list.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Decision.

Thanks for posting this information. He has one of the timeshares that we are thinking of purchasing listed on ebay. I'll removed it from my watch list.

There's just too many timeshares for sale out there to bid on one of his auctions and go through the grief and aggravation.

Lakeside

Reaction score
100% Customer Satisfaction

To Whomever reads these blogs:

It has come to our company's attention that the information being spread on this website is nothing more than opinion based and lacks the so called TRUTH BEHIND EACH CIRCUMSTANCE. We have closed tens of thousands of timeshares and always put our customers first. Our company has been built from the ground up expressing integrity, honesty , and our willingness to help each customer to the best of our ability. If you must seek expressing your opinions in hopes of slandering a company and have no means of ever seeking the truth. Read on as these bloggers have nothing better to do with their time. Best wishes to all of you and to the honest people out there who were raised with morals. We hope to do business with you. Have a GREAT EVENING and thank you for your time!

Lakeside Closing Service

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lakeside Closing Service just posted that "they" have closed "tens of thousands" of timeshare transactions, and that they are an "honest business".

All of that may be true, (I haven't read the entire thread), BUT, what has that got to do with the original "complaint", about the company "Memorable Vacations" ???!!! Are the two companies the same? Of course, Lakeside Closing Service is a "guest" on this forum, and has TWO postings, which is OK.

I do have a question about the closing company, with "tens of thousands" timeshare closings. How long have they been in business, for that statement to be true? (Just wondering?---LOL !!!)

Tony

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Lakeside Closing Service just posted that "they" have closed "tens of thousands" of timeshare transactions, and that they are an "honest business".

All of that may be true, (I haven't read the entire thread), BUT, what has that got to do with the original "complaint", about the company "Memorable Vacations" ???!!! Are the two companies the same? Of course, Lakeside Closing Service is a "guest" on this forum, and has TWO postings, which is OK.
They are apparently connected companies. Both companies are LLCs based out of Clermont, FL, and according to records from the Florida Department of State, Jon Comas is a member and manager in both organizations.

By responding to this "Memorable Vacations" complaint thread as "Lakeside Closings", Comas (or his cohort) has exposed that both companies are the same. And now anyone Googling for "Lakeside Closings" will be directed to this thread, linking Lakeside Closings to the ineptness of Memorable Vacations that is documented in this thread. Good work, guys!!!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are not "opinions", Jon.

To Whomever reads these blogs:

It has come to our company's attention that the information being spread on this website is nothing more than opinion based and lacks the so called TRUTH BEHIND EACH CIRCUMSTANCE. We have closed tens of thousands of timeshares and always put our customers first. Our company has been built from the ground up expressing integrity, honesty , and our willingness to help each customer to the best of our ability. If you must seek expressing your opinions in hopes of slandering a company and have no means of ever seeking the truth. Read on as these bloggers have nothing better to do with their time. Best wishes to all of you and to the honest people out there who were raised with morals. We hope to do business with you. Have a GREAT EVENING and thank you for your time!

Lakeside Closing Service

"Best wishes to all of you and to the honest people out there who were raised with morals."

"Honest people"
"Morals"

Wow, Jon.

Personal experiences are what the posters on this thread are discussing. OUR personal experiences with YOU.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score

The resort manager contacted me regarding this and accepted her mistake on Estoppel letter.

I am happy to note that a refund check arrived yesterday for the full amount that I paid for this timeshare. This timeshare (Harbor Ridge, Maine) is now listed on ebay (by Jon Comas) with the correct week number.

Here is my assessment of Jon Comas. He thinks that he is smart and he is selling to first time buyers who are idiots and he can give them run around. Now he is realizing his fault behind that premise, since people on TUG are more knowledgeable on closing, deeds, resorts, etc. than he is. Bad reputation means bad business, no matter how good his margins are. However, the method to make amends is still too "clever." He has tried "shill" posting on TUG to make himself look good, but that backfires on him also. See thread below:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1135321

To Jon: people are intelligent; customer is king; customer deserve respect, honesty and timely feedback; customer puts food on the table for you and your kids; you are not smarter than any one of us, otherwise, you will not be selling timeshares for a living; honesty, respect, and trust are the foundations of a good business; you have a great opportunity to build a good business, do not blow that away. Just do some good honest timely transactions and let those customers build you a good reputation. Just the fact that you say that you have integrity, trust, etc means nothing unless your customers say so.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG! You mean there is an error in his listing? Shocking.

Or not. Sounds like business as usual for Mr. Comas

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jon Comas has a lot of listings (overpriced) under his new eBay name, Affordable_Luxury_Items, which are closing in the next few hours.

Just reminding those who don't know about Jon and his bad reputation, he is not a good seller. He takes forever to close, and he has been rude and disrespectful to several TUG members.

Don't buy from Jon!

Too bad because he had a Marriott I wanted to buy and couldn't because it was HIM. I am not stupid enough to buy something, no matter how cheap, if it's just a hassle to get it closed.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for updating the thread and the reminder to all

Jon Comas has a lot of listings (overpriced) under his new eBay name, Affordable_Luxury_Items, which are closing in the next few hours.

Just reminding those who don't know about Jon and his bad reputation, he is not a good seller. He takes forever to close, and he has been rude and disrespectful to several TUG members.

Don't buy from Jon!

Too bad because he had a Marriott I wanted to buy and couldn't because it was HIM. I am not stupid enough to buy something, no matter how cheap, if it's just a hassle to get it closed.

I saw all his new listings and thought I should bring this thread back to the top, but forgot. I also saw something of interest. No way, if Jon Comas or Lakeside Closings is involved.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any way the topic (thread) heading can be changed to include his new eBay ID? He has so many listings on eBay, I think it's important that Tuggers can find this thread easily.

I also had a "buying experience" with Jon, and am quite perplexed by how/why eBay dropped my negative rating/comments, after Jon disputed it. In two months time, despite several assurances, Jon never sent the paperwork in to Marriott for ROFR (I verified this with Marriott and found out that the owner of that week/unit on the paperwork didn't exist in their files). There were so many excuses, I quit believing anything he said. I was initially very sympathetic to his family problems with his wife's hospitalization and childcare issues, but while we were in the midst of "discussion" over why nothing had been done, he listed 2 dozen more timeshares for sale. So he lists more items and can't work on the ones he's been paid for??? Stay away from him.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can PM Denise and see if she can change the name of the thread.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jon Comas has so many reasons why YOUR expectations are unreasonable.

Is there any way the topic (thread) heading can be changed to include his new eBay ID? He has so many listings on eBay, I think it's important that Tuggers can find this thread easily.

I also had a "buying experience" with Jon, and am quite perplexed by how/why eBay dropped my negative rating/comments, after Jon disputed it. In two months time, despite several assurances, Jon never sent the paperwork in to Marriott for ROFR (I verified this with Marriott and found out that the owner of that week/unit on the paperwork didn't exist in their files). There were so many excuses, I quit believing anything he said. I was initially very sympathetic to his family problems with his wife's hospitalization and childcare issues, but while we were in the midst of "discussion" over why nothing had been done, he listed 2 dozen more timeshares for sale. So he lists more items and can't work on the ones he's been paid for??? Stay away from him.

Jon was interested in relaying all the terrible things that I was doing to his family rather than addressing the issues. As a seller, his personal issues don't factor into the equation, even if they really do exist.

eBay dropping a negative rating/comment is appalling. I really don't believe TUGGERS are the only ones experiencing issues with this guy. It seems eBay is okay with it.

suzsuz

Reaction score
Affordable Luxury is GARBAGE!

I filed a complaint with the local BBB against Lakeside Closing Inc. I wish I had known about this site before I made the purchase from "Affordable Luxury". I bought back in May and have yet to receive anything, but you better believe I made a log of every communication I sent and received (which was only a couple of responses compared to my several inquiries). Jon responded to my BBB complaint stating he would send me a full refund, which I have yet to receive. He claims things are "too busy". Well, I suggest that no one buy ANYTHING from him and he can start sending people back refunds and will go out of business. He can complain all he wants about how people are robbing his family, however, I'm not sure what he calls what he is doing to people. Taking their money, but not providing any goods?? I will take him to court and see about even taking him on Judge Judy, because I love her :) He needs to stop doing this to people and I'm not sure how else to get the word out there that he's a crook. Looks like if people got services, it wasn't what they were told it'd be or it's taken FOREVER to get services and he's been unresponsive. I can't believe how many people left him positive feedback. I paid within 5 minutes of receiving the invoice and he never left me feedback. Either way, he's garbage! How's that for taking care of your family JON! Teach your kids to be con artists. Way to go buddy.