• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay away from Affordable_Luxury_Item [AKA Memorable Vacations]

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many folks obviously leave their feedback soon after receiving the paperwork.

I can't believe how many people left him positive feedback. I paid within 5 minutes of receiving the invoice and he never left me feedback. Either way, he's garbage! How's that for taking care of your family JON! Teach your kids to be con artists. Way to go buddy.

He's real quick to send paperwork and an invoice. Folks just don't realize that they need to wait until they at least have their deed recorded before leaving the glowing feedback about how fast Jon is. Most of his positive feedback is from the sale of purses and such.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The eBay feedback has nothing to do with his timeshare sales. All the positive ratings are for things like keychains, purses, and other accessories. He says his timeshare listings are all the "private" ones in his feedback - but that's simply not true.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone is currently doing business with this company, then please forward my posting on page 5 (Post #117) to Jon Comas (do a cut and paste). Seems like he stopped coming to this thread to read the horror stories. Since he returned my money promptly, I do not think he is a crook, but surely an incompetent fool.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can change your feedback after 60 days!

Just curious, how would one complain to ebay after 60 days?

You can change your feedback even after 60 days.
I encourage all TS buyers leave a feedback within 60 days, and then follow up after transfer is done.
Here's what I usually do.
1)I leave a positive feedback if seller reply to me fast and reply to my questions within reasonable time
But I also write "will update my feedback after transfer is done" on my original feedback.
2)After transfer is done (or happening), if everything was ok, I just leave my positive comment on seller.
If transfer was a nightmare, I update (follow up) my feedback and mention what was wrong during transfer.
Sellers contact me within 1 day to correct the problem

Buyers can follow up their feedback for more than 2 years.
Simply go to your feedback forum after you log in.
If you cannot find a way to go to feedback forum, use this link:
http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

click "follow up to feedback left" which is on the right side of a page.
You can add any comment under your original feedbacks.
Or you can request "feedback revision" and erase an old one, put a new one for previous purchases or sales.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
yumdrey, good to know! I had no idea. I will definitely do that next time. I will actually do it this time. I have one that I am sincerely concerned about purchasing from Brandon Fried, apparently Uri Fried's son, who sells under the name of tttimeshare.

C30NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

If he really recorded deed on your name you can actually check on Horry county web site (just search by your name)
http://www.horrycounty.org/oncoreweb/Search.aspx
You can probably contact Horry county directly and order a copy of the deed once you found book/page number.

Sweet, I see the SBP I got from a fellow tugger has been recorded in my wife and I name. Sorry, off topic, but GREAT link!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Yumdrey, I don't think most people know about this. I sure didn't.

You can change your feedback even after 60 days.
I encourage all TS buyers leave a feedback within 60 days, and then follow up after transfer is done.
Here's what I usually do.
1)I leave a positive feedback if seller reply to me fast and reply to my questions within reasonable time
But I also write "will update my feedback after transfer is done" on my original feedback.
2)After transfer is done (or happening), if everything was ok, I just leave my positive comment on seller.
If transfer was a nightmare, I update (follow up) my feedback and mention what was wrong during transfer.
Sellers contact me within 1 day to correct the problem

Buyers can follow up their feedback for 2 years.
Simply go to your feedback center and click "follow up your feedback"
You can add any comment under your original feedbacks.

This is fantastic info. When I talk to folks about TUG, I tell them that I'm always learning something new! :cheer:

jophst

Reaction score
Ebay Deal Gone Wrong

I am having an awful experience as well. Please check out the most recent negative feedback left for him ( affordable_luxury_items aka "J.C."). The total with closing, reimbursement of Maintenance Fees comes out to $9,389.00. It is for a 172 pointer OKW with all 2010 and 2011 points with a December use year.

As he originally requested (since he was clearly a Timeshare dealer), I gave him ALL money needed upfront including closing costs and maintenance fees for a DVC membership to Old Key West (although he listed it as Disney's Boardwalk). He submitted the documentation to Disney for their usual ROFR. Well, come to find out, they needed more information and it didn't have a contract number or any property details, and he DID NOT PROVIDE ANY MORE ACCURATE information until I lit a fire under him to do so. When I texted him about it a week or two ago, rather than calling to follow up (or flipping responding to their request for more information), he simply sent them the EXACT same information (no contract number, no property details) .. REALLY??

I am very familiar with the ROFR process .. it only takes 3-4 weeks tops, and generally only takes another week to close afterwards. His contract with me has a closing date of November 24th .. that is absolutely ludicrous.

I have no idea where my money is at (supposedly in Escrow). The only justification I can think of for his seemingly purposeful delay in processing and requiring ALL money up front is to put it in some sort of Money Market account of some sort that earns interest for him. Once he closes at the very last second, he can then pocket closing costs in addition to the interest.

As of now, I am waiting on a response from Disney on their ROFR. If they refuse the offer, then the owner and seller of the deed gets their money no matter what, and supposedly I am supposed to get ALL money back. If I get my money back in an IMMEDIATE timely manner as I had to send to him (payment within 5 days?!?!), then I will agree to remove his negative feedback. Otherwise, it will stand.

I am likely going to file a BBB complaint report tonight as I haven't had a chance to this week. I do NOT stand for bad shady business nor do I have time for it. I should have never sent him the entire payment until the offer was accepted by Disney. That's just not how that is supposed to work.

Who buys a house in full before an offer is even accepted? Am I SUPPOSED to be OK with that?? He should have expected someone like myself to be a bit on edge. If I am to put that kind of effort upfront, I expect the same return, and it only takes a hint of fraud and deceit to make me drop the ball. We are talking about a LOT of money here of which I would have gladly given to another agent actually approved and verified by Disney to handle the transaction (of which would never require the WHOLE amount up front).

After reading pages and pages and thread after thread about his bad business practices, I realize that I am not the first to have a bad experience with him.

I have paid $9,389.00 for the run-around and a bunch of excuses. I am hoping this gets resolved with either a refund or a deed in my name. But my time will never be reimbursed, which I can assure you is worth a lot more than his. When I get time next week, I will consult with a lawyer to see what my rights may be as a consumer.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you been able to speak directly with Disney about the transfer? During the sixty days of being told by Mr Comas that everything was on track (but never getting copies of the paperwork beyond a sales contract - like the ROFR which he told me he had) I was able to verify with Marriott that NOTHING was ever sent in to them. Also, the name/unit/week on the sales contract did not match anything in the county records or with Marriott. After countless excuses, I left negative feedback on eBay and disputed the charges on my credit card (paid through PayPal). He challenged my feedback and eBay somehow removed it. I did get all of my money refunded through my cc company.

He has an unbelievably high volume of listings on eBay, but I would never recommend him as a seller. At best, if you ever do get the unit you bought, it will be like pulling teeth. Please keep us posted how yours turns out. And good luck.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea where my money is at (supposedly in Escrow).

If you used Superior timeshare closing or whatever similar name co.(as seller suggested), I am very sorry, they are in-house closing co and they don't have true escrow account.
I have won Harborside Atlantis unit which was over 9k and J.C wanted to send me the fund to superior transfer something with cashier's check (no paypal accepted!), and when I asked him more info about escrow account, he mumbled and couldn't answer.
If any title company has a true escrow account, they can provide insurance policy, policy number and bond info, etc...
So buyer beware!

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
He has an unbelievably high volume of listings on eBay, but I would never recommend him as a seller. At best, if you ever do get the unit you bought, it will be like pulling teeth. Please keep us posted how yours turns out. And good luck.

You're right.
I check ebay daily basis and this seller has awful lot of listing these days.
Some are very desirable TS and getting many bids on them.
I feel very sorry for those bidders.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Jon Comas probably never realized how many eBay buyers are also TUG members, guests and lurkers.

I believe his lack of customer service and speed at closing properties is well known now, and keeping this thread alive is a good way to get the word out to those who might do a Google search to find more info about this seller.

He can defend himself and his own closing company all he wants on TUG, but the simple fact that he is slow at closing but wants his money NOW cannot be ignored. He will self destruct. No doubt about it.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jon Comas probably never realized how many eBay buyers are also TUG members, guests and lurkers.

I believe his lack of customer service and speed at closing properties is well known now, and keeping this thread alive is a good way to get the word out to those who might do a Google search to find more info about this seller.

He can defend himself and his own closing company all he wants on TUG, but the simple fact that he is slow at closing but wants his money NOW cannot be ignored. He will self destruct. No doubt about it.

And not only is he slow on everything except demanding the money, he is also right next door to criminally careless/sloppy. He makes mistakes all over the place and doesn't correct them even when pointed out or 'caught'.

He is his own closing company so not only is there no true escrow, but there is no second pair of eyes to catch mistakes. Or perhaps I should say 'mistakes' because I wonder at the deliberateness of the errors!

I bought a specific week. I clarified this with him endlessly. Sales paperwork specified this week, but also contained many other errors which I kept having him fix until finally he said, just cross them out and fix them myself! How flipping lazy, that he couldn't fix a simple Word document and re-send it. Not to mention how unprofessional. That is when I should have cancelled the transaction. Hindsight. Anyway, I asked to see the deed before recording. But never got it - even though I called and emailed several times about it. Next I knew (even though it was WEEKS later), I got the recorded deed and yes, it was for a different week. Then started the hassle of getting my money back - which did happen but only after filing disputes. He DID NOT do it voluntarily. He is a nightmare!

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Good to know!
Thanks for the heads up.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happened to me also. Surely, we're not the only ones to leave negative feedback.

After countless excuses, I left negative feedback on eBay and disputed the charges on my credit card (paid through PayPal). He challenged my feedback and eBay somehow removed it. I did get all of my money refunded through my cc company.

Why does eBay allow him to continue on and remove legitimate negative feedback on his timeshare sales? And when his feedback score moves down low enough, he just gets a new eBay name. Or was the motivation to change names because of the threads here on TUG citing the poor performance and negative dealings with Memorable Vacations? Fortunately, his name, Jon Comas, can be found in these threads and it would be a bit more work to change that. :rolleyes:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for those bidders also, especially if they're new to buying a resale.

You're right.
I check ebay daily basis and this seller has awful lot of listing these days.
Some are very desirable TS and getting many bids on them.
I feel very sorry for those bidders.

The Tuggers he's dealt with are a bit more savvy and most were able to either nip things or do the extra work to follow-up and follow-through when he didn't. With all his BS, I'm sure he convinces the less knowledgeable that things are going the way they should be.

Can't save the world, but hopefully those that make the effort to research Jon Comas will find the threads on TUG and back away as fast as they can.

SCUBAj

Reaction score
Seeking Advice on this Seller

Just won an bid from this seller on eBay and unfortunately saw the information on this seller too late on this site :doh: . I was blinded by the 99%+ positive feedback. Advice on proceeding with contract and sale?

I called to verify the SVV phase to ensure the listing was accurate.

At what point do you advise putting money into escrow? Is it reasonable to request a resale information sheet and wait to fund escrow until this can be provided?

I planned on using a credit card for additional protection in case this goes south.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You probably got a bargain, because we won't even consider buying anything through Jon anymore, and a lot of people feel the same way. My deed was recorded really late, so late that I couldn't get summer dates and paid maintenance fees only to deposit the week into II.

Welcome to TUG, and I am sorry you bought through Jon, but you might want to point out that you saw this thread, and maybe he will hasten your closing, so you will come back and say it was a great experience. He would be smart to do that.....

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally, any "deal" from Jon is no deal

Just won an bid from this seller on eBay and unfortunately saw the information on this seller too late on this site :doh: . I was blinded by the 99%+ positive feedback. Advice on proceeding with contract and sale?

I called to verify the SVV phase to ensure the listing was accurate.

At what point do you advise putting money into escrow? Is it reasonable to request a resale information sheet and wait to fund escrow until this can be provided?

I planned on using a credit card for additional protection in case this goes south.

"....unfortunately saw the information on this seller too late on this site." It's not too late. You've seen the negatives and you haven't paid yet. I also used a credit card and fortunately knew things weren't going as they should before the 60 days ended to dispute the transaction. I believe it's reasonable to request whatever you want because escrow is HIS pocket, not a third party. He never would provide anything that I requested. I asked for an estoppel letter from the resort. He ignored the request. I asked for him to contact the resort and provide authorization for me to verify that the timeshare was indeed what he said it was. He ignored that request also. He's full of excuses. He's full of it, period.

I would recommend not proceeding forward. Best wishes if you choose to do so. If you're moving forward based on being able to dispute things with your credit card if things go south, I would contact that credit card company first and find out how long you have to dispute the transaction. If it's 60 days, then I would recommend not wasting your time and energy because Jon probably won't get started on things prior to that. My transaction was almost at the 60-day mark and he had done nothing towards the deed prep. All he gave me were reasons why I was being unreasonable to expect things to be moving forward at that point and on and on about how I was doing bad things to his kids and family. He's a nightmare.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you verify the unit number/week/owner information with Starwood? In all the eBay timeshare purchases I've made (a lot), Jon's was the only one I disputed with eBay (and PayPal, and my credit card company). In two months time, the only thing that was done was he took my payment and sent me papers for a timeshare that didn't exist according to Marriott and county records. Perhaps there was some clerical error, but he had ample time and opportunity to correct it, and he did not. I got tired of hearing things were done (like ROFR), and they were not. In my opinion, dealing with him isn't worth the trouble.

The positive reviews for his eBay ID (Affordable Luxury Items) are NOT for timeshares! If there is a TUGger out there that has had a wonderful buying experience with him, please let us know.

SCUBAj

Reaction score
I'll proceed with extreme caution

Thank you for all the advice! I'll definitely require evidence from him that he has filed the necessary paperwork for the transfer before even allowing him to charge my card.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice! I'll definitely require evidence from him that he has filed the necessary paperwork for the transfer before even allowing him to charge my card.

Not to rain on your parade, but that isn't likely to help you get what you bought - in a reasonable time frame or perhaps ever!

Jon will insist that you pay before he does any paperwork. You might cave and pay.. and then you are were we all were. He has the money and then does NOTHING. Or he does something but it is totally wrong.

I know how you feel. You got a good deal or even a great deal and hate to give it up. You hope that your case will be different. I sympathize as do the others here, I am sure.

But do yourself a big favor and just back out of the Jon deal now and wait for the next timeshare that meets your criteria to come along from a relaible seller. I promise you that it will, even if it seems like it won't.