• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay away from Affordable_Luxury_Item [AKA Memorable Vacations]

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If SCUBAj has read this thread and still goes through with it, ....

Not to rain on your parade, but that isn't likely to help you get what you bought - in a reasonable time frame or perhaps ever!

Jon will insist that you pay before he does any paperwork. You might cave and pay.. and then you are were we all were. He has the money and then does NOTHING. Or he does something but it is totally wrong.

I know how you feel. You got a good deal or even a great deal and hate to give it up. You hope that your case will be different. I sympathize as do the others here, I am sure.

But do yourself a big favor and just back out of the Jon deal now and wait for the next timeshare that meets your criteria to come along from a relaible seller. I promise you that it will, even if it seems like it won't.

....thinking that things will be different for him/her, then I doubt your follow-up post will make much difference. Good try though. Some folks, as we've seen before, just want to believe things will be different for them because they want something so badly.

jlwquilter is speaking from personal experience. SCUBAj, I suggest you re-read this entire thread. Is there even one post sharing a good experience with Jon? We're not just a bunch of folks that have it in for "poor" Jon Comas. We've experienced Jon. If I had only read a thread like this before my dealings with him, I know that I would not have proceeded. There's just too many other similar opportunities out there if you're patient. Did you ever hear that patience is a virtue? :D

Best wishes to you in whatever you decide to do. :)

mslvasquez

TUG Member
Reaction score
E-Bay seller: affordable_luxury_items

Wondering if anyone had experience with this E-Bay seller? Aka:

User ID Effective Date End Date

affordable_luxury_items May-21-11 Present
affordable_luxury_itmes May-21-11 May-21-11
luxury_4_cheap May-21-11 May-21-11
memorablevacations Oct-28-07 May-21-11

Thanks in advance...I saw very angry post on E-Bay...but, seems to have lots of positive posts also.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, lots of folks here have had experience with this seller

Wondering if anyone had experience with this E-Bay seller? Aka:

User ID Effective Date End Date

affordable_luxury_items May-21-11 Present
affordable_luxury_itmes May-21-11 May-21-11
luxury_4_cheap May-21-11 May-21-11
memorablevacations Oct-28-07 May-21-11

Thanks in advance...I saw very angry post on E-Bay...but, seems to have lots of positive posts also.

Do a search. Jon Comas. Memorable Vacations.

Any positive feedback he has on eBay is for the sale of trinkets such as key chains and handbags, not his timeshare sales.

Bad experiences by everyone here on TUG that has posted in the other thread(s). No one has posted a positive experience.

vacation king

Reaction score
I have found that using Berkshire Concepts, for deed tranfers, registrations, etc. to be the best out there. their staff knows what they are doing and understands the process well.

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
shill alert

My gut tells me that vacation king is a shill for the company referenced in his post. Enough said.

mslvasquez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you - TUG was well worth the $14.99!!!

Thanks for all of the information posted here. After purchasing another TS on E-Bay and having it go great...We just started an E-Bay transaction with this seller that was full of problems already...no contact, promises of a contract and not sending it, couldn't find my personal information for the contract, etc. After reading here--about problems others have had--I cancelled my purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270818946258?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The TS is now "relisted" by the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAANAPALI-B...70829289076?pt=Timeshares&hash=item3f0eaefe74

:whoopie:

Thanks! Lisa

Last edited:

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the information posted here. After purchasing another TS on E-Bay and having it go great...We just started an E-Bay transaction with this seller that was full of problems already...no contact, promises of a contract and not sending it, couldn't find my personal information for the contract, etc. After reading here--about problems others have had--I cancelled my purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270818946258?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks! Lisa

Good for you for cancelling the sale! That was very smart of you. Another timeshare will be along soon enough and you'll be much better off than trying to deal with Mr. Comas.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Lisa, for finding TUG and cancelling your purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAANAPALI-B...70829289076?pt=Timeshares&hash=item3f0eaefe74

Thanks! Lisa

Welcome to TUG!!!! :wave:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, all...I haven't been back in here for awhile, but I'm very happy to see that this thread is continuing.
I hope that a lot of people are being warned about Jon Comas.

I felt very fortunate that I paid through PayPal, and with AMEX. I complained to both, and received full credit.

As it turned out, as disappointed as I was to lose the Kauai TS, it was actually lucky. I just had to cancel out November week at Kauai Coast, because my DH has too much difficulty walking to make the trip.
We'll be sticking closer to home now.
I hope you all got what you paid for, or your money back.

Yea, TUG!

SCUBAj

Reaction score
Thank you - my transaction is cancelled

....thinking that things will be different for him/her, then I doubt your follow-up post will make much difference. Good try though. Some folks, as we've seen before, just want to believe things will be different for them because they want something so badly.

jlwquilter is speaking from personal experience. SCUBAj, I suggest you re-read this entire thread. Is there even one post sharing a good experience with Jon? We're not just a bunch of folks that have it in for "poor" Jon Comas. We've experienced Jon. If I had only read a thread like this before my dealings with him, I know that I would not have proceeded. There's just too many other similar opportunities out there if you're patient. Did you ever hear that patience is a virtue? :D

Best wishes to you in whatever you decide to do. :)

Thank you all for the advice. After reading these posts I was concerned about Lakeside Closing Services and Jon Comas but wanted to give them a fair shot.

I requested documentation that they are "licensed, bonded, and insured" for which they referenced me to the website showing that the business was incorporated in florida and a general liability insurance policy. They did not have support for the fact that they were licensed or bonded to provide escrow services.

There are typically state and national licenses escrow agents can obtain to show their legitimacy and provide consumer protection. In my discussions with them it was very clear that there is no true escrow company and cash that is sent to their company is immediately pocketed. The first version of my contract did not mention anything about escrow and upon insistence of having an escrow agreement the contract was modified to have a vague reference to "escrow."

Additionally, the sale contract asks for the buyer to confirm that Jon has not acted as a licensed real estate broker or attorney. Basically, the ebay company listing these transactions is run by Jon and as far as I can tell that makes him participate in real estate broker services under florida law. He also has a formal complaint with the Florida Real Estate commission for unlicensed activity in the State of Florida.

Overall, Jon's employees were very responsive to my requests and I believe they did the best they can under their circumstances. Jon was very difficult to get a hold of and shyed away from confrontation about my concerns above.

I did not sign the contract nor exchange money with them at any point. I would advise understanding the protections you have available to you before doing business with this company.

Long story short, I am still looking for some extra staroptions to get to 148.1k and my search will continue.:cool:

Thanks TUGGERS!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your follow-up and sharing your experience

Thank you all for the advice. After reading these posts I was concerned about Lakeside Closing Services and Jon Comas but wanted to give them a fair shot.

I requested documentation that they are "licensed, bonded, and insured" for which they referenced me to the website showing that the business was incorporated in florida and a general liability insurance policy. They did not have support for the fact that they were licensed or bonded to provide escrow services.

There are typically state and national licenses escrow agents can obtain to show their legitimacy and provide consumer protection. In my discussions with them it was very clear that there is no true escrow company and cash that is sent to their company is immediately pocketed. The first version of my contract did not mention anything about escrow and upon insistence of having an escrow agreement the contract was modified to have a vague reference to "escrow."

Additionally, the sale contract asks for the buyer to confirm that Jon has not acted as a licensed real estate broker or attorney. Basically, the ebay company listing these transactions is run by Jon and as far as I can tell that makes him participate in real estate broker services under florida law. He also has a formal complaint with the Florida Real Estate commission for unlicensed activity in the State of Florida.

Overall, Jon's employees were very responsive to my requests and I believe they did the best they can under their circumstances. Jon was very difficult to get a hold of and shyed away from confrontation about my concerns above.

I did not sign the contract nor exchange money with them at any point. I would advise understanding the protections you have available to you before doing business with this company.

Long story short, I am still looking for some extra staroptions to get to 148.1k and my search will continue.:cool:

Thanks TUGGERS!

Congratulations on doing your due diligence and making the best decision for yourself. Best wishes on your search. :)

jewelryadornments

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Purchase Experience, Jon Comas, Closing Service,Affordable Luxury Items

I recently purchased a timeshare from Affordable Luxury Items on Ebay with the following documented transactions:

After winning a Marriott timeshare on Ebay, I immediately made a credit card payment. One week later I sent an email requesting the next step to be taken. A contract for purchase was promptly sent and on online file created at www.lakesideclosingservice.com. 70 days after signing the contract I contacted Jon Comas for an update. I promptly received the recorded deed (which had been filed 3 weeks earlier) and an external transfer form for Marriott Vacation Club. I promptly returned the transfer forms and necessary documents to him. 30 days later I contacted Jon Comas for an update with no response. After another 2 weeks I emailed Jon Comas who responded that he would resend the forms to Marriott. I waited one more week, then contacted Marriott Vacation Club myself only to learn that they had not received the transfer of ownership request. Upon further investigation I also found out that Jon Comas did not obtain the Waiver of First Right of Refusal (and probably also had not obtained the EStoppel finance and usage information). Fortunately I was able to complete the process myself although I had to pay the $120 fees that Jon had been paid and kept. I am not able to receive the Estoppel information as I am not the attorney or title company who they will only send this information to. I did contact Jon Comas about my findings: that he kept the $120 transfer fees and did not complete the paperwork to record my ownership of the timeshare. He has not responded to my email or sent a refund to me. I told him that I would make this post on TUG if he did not respond. I consider myself to be lucky that I am now documented as the owner at Marriott Vacation Club for this timeshare purchase. I hope that this post will help put him out of business and other buyers will be better informed than I was. He is slow, unorganized, does not return emails, keeps the resort transfer fees, and does not complete the resort transfer process. He certainly does not earn the $499 settlement costs! I have been honest and patient with him during the past 5 months. I would appreciate posts from others who can recommend a timeshare company that is reputable on Ebay?

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm always glad to see this thread bumped up to the top; however, I am sorry....

I recently purchased a timeshare from Affordable Luxury Items on Ebay with the following documented transactions:

After winning a Marriott timeshare on Ebay, I immediately made a credit card payment. One week later I sent an email requesting the next step to be taken. A contract for purchase was promptly sent and on online file created at www.lakesideclosingservice.com. 70 days after signing the contract I contacted Jon Comas for an update. I promptly received the recorded deed (which had been filed 3 weeks earlier) and an external transfer form for Marriott Vacation Club. I promptly returned the transfer forms and necessary documents to him. 30 days later I contacted Jon Comas for an update with no response. After another 2 weeks I emailed Jon Comas who responded that he would resend the forms to Marriott. I waited one more week, then contacted Marriott Vacation Club myself only to learn that they had not received the transfer of ownership request. Upon further investigation I also found out that Jon Comas did not obtain the Waiver of First Right of Refusal (and probably also had not obtained the EStoppel finance and usage information). Fortunately I was able to complete the process myself although I had to pay the $120 fees that Jon had been paid and kept. I am not able to receive the Estoppel information as I am not the attorney or title company who they will only send this information to. I did contact Jon Comas about my findings: that he kept the $120 transfer fees and did not complete the paperwork to record my ownership of the timeshare. He has not responded to my email or sent a refund to me. I told him that I would make this post on TUG if he did not respond. I consider myself to be lucky that I am now documented as the owner at Marriott Vacation Club for this timeshare purchase. I hope that this post will help put him out of business and other buyers will be better informed than I was. He is slow, unorganized, does not return emails, keeps the resort transfer fees, and does not complete the resort transfer process. He certainly does not earn the $499 settlement costs! I have been honest and patient with him during the past 5 months. I would appreciate posts from others who can recommend a timeshare company that is reputable on Ebay?

.....that it is yet another misfortunate buyer of Jon Comas. Unfortunately, he is still selling timeshares on eBay. There are lots of great timeshare resellers on eBay. TUG has ratings for many of these resellers and there are many threads on the various resellers; the ones that do a good job and those that are questionable.

Enjoy your Marriott purchase and don't hold your breath expecting to hear from Jon or getting the refund of the transfer fee.

Welcome to TUG! You will find lots of great information on this site. Best wishes. :wave:

jewelryadornments

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott ROFR and Ownership Transfer

:) I do want to add that Marriott Vacation Club was responsive and prompt when I emailed them for information on how to submit a ROFR request and ownership transfer. I did supply them with a copy of the recorded deed and requested that all communication come to me and not Jon Comas. Once the requests were submitted I received the ROFR within 4 business days (which is needed to send the transfer forms). The transfer appeared on their website within one week.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is he now "Timeshare Warehouse" on eBay?

Just noticed a new timeshare reseller popped up yesterday on eBay. The UserID has no history - it's a brand new account, but "Timeshare Warehouse" has 9 listings that look just like our old friend. The closing company is Lakeside Closing - the same one Jon used/was.

Anyone want to guess if my hunch is right?

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pam, you beat me to it!!!

Interesting MGV Platinum for sale, with TONS OF MISTAKES (MF, floating weeks). Par for the course!

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent a question via eBay and Jon responded. Didn't answer my questions but told me to call instead. Knowing its Jon, I got all the info I needed to not put in a bid.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just saw the same Marriott Branson Platinum Float (not true), seller is timesharewarehouse (as someone above mentioned), ZERO feedback, and of course it's Lakeside Closing Services, so beware.

Just keeeping the thread alive. This guy doesn't realize TUG members buy at least half of the timeshares on eBay.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw the same Marriott Branson Platinum Float (not true), seller is timesharewarehouse (as someone above mentioned), ZERO feedback, and of course it's Lakeside Closing Services, so beware.

Just keeeping the thread alive. This guy doesn't realize TUG members buy at least half of the timeshares on eBay.

I am wondering if anyone has done business with this guy Jon Comas since he changed his business name to Timeshare Warehouse on ebay.

I see a lot of juicy listings there once in a while, and sometimes it's tempting to bid.

Does anyone know if his track record has improved?

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're simply inviting trouble into your life with Jon Comas

I am wondering if anyone has done business with this guy Jon Comas since he changed his business name to Timeshare Warehouse on ebay.

I see a lot of juicy listings there once in a while, and sometimes it's tempting to bid.

There is nothing he could list that would interest me in any way. I have bought a lot of timeshares over the years. Nothing can come close to comparing to what Jon Comas does and doesn't do. He changes his eBay name when the negative timeshare feedbacks start piling up. A name change does not equate to a change in business practice.

PS. Thank you for bringing this thread back to life.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just happened to be looking at timeshars on eBay; timeshare_warehouse (Jon Comas)....

...has managed to keep his 100% feedback rating since changing to timeshare_warehouse on eBAY. As of today, he has 98 feedbacks. Out of those 98 feedbacks, 10 are for timeshare purchases. Anyone want to bet those 10 feedbacks were given by folks prior to the transfer actually taking place? :rolleyes:

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am purchasing two weeks from him, one Starwood and another Marriott. So far communication was good. I will post updates.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am purchasing two weeks from him, one Starwood and another Marriott. So far communication was good. I will post updates.
All of our warnings weren't a concern to you? How is it going?

Our purchase of a Marriott from Sumday took a total of less than six weeks from contract, payment, and recording to the recent recognition from Marriott.
Edited to add: Completely separate subject from my post below about Jon Comas, and it's specifically meant to be addressed to ada903, who chose to buy from Comas, even after the concerns we all shared about him here on TUG.

I am trying to show a timeline for a purchase of a Marriott timeshare from a legitimate company compared to the sleazy Jon Comas.

This post today is specifically to let TUG eBay buys know that Jon Comas currently has a supposed very prime week at a Colorado resort, which I think will be a bargain, but if you buy something from him, I think it would be wise to open an escrow account somewhere other than his Lakeside Closing Services, which is HIM, and he is completely inept.

His brother's (or some other relative) business, Sellingtimeguys, is now defunct and left unfinished business, too. So don't think you are safe buying from Jon Comas. He is a slug--slimy and slow.

Last edited:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of our warnings weren't a concern to you? How is it going?

Our purchase of a Marriott from Sumday took a total of less than six weeks from contract, payment, and recording to the recent recognition from Marriott.

I was just trying to keep the thread open by posting that he has a supposed very prime week at a Colorado resort, which I think will be a bargain, but if you buy something from him, I think it would be wise to open an escrow account somewhere other than his Lakeside Closing Services, which is HIM, and he is completely inept.

His brother's (or some other relative) business, Sellingtimeguys, is now defunct and left unfinished business, too. So don't think you are safe buying from Jon Comas. He is a slug--slimy and slow.

Cindy, I respect your judgement and opinions, but your post above appears to a good review of this guy based on your Marriott Closing (which took less than 6 weeks for everything, which is rare), but then you close your post by saying "He is slug, slimy and slow".

What am I missing here?

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy, I respect your judgement and opinions, but your post above appears to a good review of this guy based on your Marriott Closing (which took less than 6 weeks for everything, which is rare), but then you close your post by saying "He is slug, slimy and slow".

What am I missing here?

The Marriott purchase was from Sumday Vacations, not Timeshare Warehouse where the bad guy is. I was a little confused too. I'm not sure why the mention of the Sumday Vacations purchase other than to show by comparison how a good seller works? Maybe I'm missing something, as well.