TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky - DRI now accepting deedbacks

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International - DRI' started by TUGBrian, Mar 19, 2015.

?

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

1. Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

102 vote(s)
    92.7%
  2. No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. nomoretslt

nomoretslt Guest

Me again. They responded it is 60 days from my acceptance into the program....so, I may not get my documents until the end of September. But I'm in the system and I feel really good about the whole thing. I know there are probably others out there that don't post and just read along and follow the instructions, so I hope I'm not being annoying by posting my updates. I may be silent until the end of September....LOL. And when this is all over, I will most definitely be getting a TUG membership. This place has given me some hope. I think I would really like to rent other properties from owners....have been browsing the "rent" boards. This is a great place. Thanks TUGBrian.

mjhines and TUGBrian like this.
  2. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

always glad when another person finds TUG on a search and gets exactly they information they needed to help them!

is quite literally the #1 goal of the group and why it was created so many years ago!

3. WackyLucy

WackyLucy Guest

No offense, but the likelihood of DRI sending you money after agreeing to release you from your contractual obligations is slim to none.
    In fact, all fees would have to be paid up to date anyhow for the "deedback" request to even be considered for acceptance in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM
    mjhines likes this.
  4. nomoretslt

nomoretslt Guest

Some have had success..It never hurts to ask...e-mails cost nothing. Keep on trying.

TUGBrian and mjhines like this.
  5. jifercanuck

jifercanuck Guest

Resorts Owned:
    grandevillas, orlando, Diamond Interntl

mjhines likes this.
  6. jifercanuck

jifercanuck Guest

Resorts Owned:
    This is an update to the last post. While it appears we are on our way to resolving this issue with DRI, they have never actually sent us written confirmation that we are actually done with them to date, (Aug 14) and this has been going on since last January. The title company has returned some of the original documents they requested (e.g. my dad's death certificate) but after leaving 2 phone messages, there has been no response to the fact that they have NOT returned my mother's Power of Attorney form, an ORIGINAL form and one we reluctantly sent to them because they INSISTED on the original. We did not want to send this because my mother is in long-term care and we still need this document. Now, after months of waiting, they still have not returned this important form. Not impressed. Sorry to all of you Americans who have succeeded but I am frankly getting p----ed off with this nonsense!!! If I didn't see how many people have succeeded, I'd say they were stalling!

mjhines likes this.
  7. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Based on prior posts in this thread, I don't think that anyone ever receives written confirmation. What happens is that people check their account on-line and can see that the account has been closed.

8. tstora

tstora Guest

Diamond never sent me any written confirmation. You'll know that the process has completed if you try to log in to your Diamond Resorts account online and get the message, "We have no active membership or ownership for the credentials you supplied." You can also call in and they'll tell you exactly when they closed your account.

It seems that the title companies are independent of Diamond, which explains why some people get the deedback forms within days while others have to wait months. I'd just keep calling the title company or perhaps try finding other ways to contact them (email, snail mail).

Sorry to hear about your parents. At the very least, your dad is probably smiling in heaven knowing you finally got rid of the timeshare!

9. jifercanuck

jifercanuck Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks for the response. My father is NOT smiling from heaven as he can see that his wife's security could be in jeopardy in Canada due to her POA form having not been returned from Las Vegas, Nevada. I have now left TWO messages to the person from the title company with whom I was in touch in Las Vegas. She has not responded nor has she sent back the POA form that is so important --still-- for our Mom. I didn't want to send originals. (and I told this title rep. so but she insisted that they would be returned to us as soon as our paperwork was processed). This has been going on for so long now. We signed an agreement when we took on the timeshare. We are owed paperwork when we sign off, nothing owed, nothing lost on their part. It is very unprofessional. I am sure that anyone would agree it is concerning when it also involves a Power of Attorney form for a frail parent. I cannot reach the rep who has an answering machine these days and is not responding.

10. nomoretslt

nomoretslt Guest

That is awful. Here is a suggestion....locate the website of the title company and find their main number. Ask to speak to someone in their title closing department. There has to be SOMEONE there to answer the phone. Something weird happened to me today. I've been checking my e-mail in box and junk box a number of times daily....I'm still waiting for my closing documents. I noticed something in my "junk" mail....from a closing company. I opened the e-mail and it was from, or appeared to be, a title closing company in Ohio. I googled the name and a closing company with a very similar name popped up, but in Chicago. The phone numbers were different too than the one supplied in the e-mail (the e-mail wanted me to click on their link to access the HUD document....and I knew that didn't sound quite right). The web page for the Chicago company seemed legit, so I called, a real operator answered the main number, I told her I thought someone was pretending the be their company....got me to the right person to speak to. It was definitely a spam e-mail.....who knows what would have happened if I clicked on that link. Additionally, this title company is not the one that holds the title paperwork for my resort.

I was just coming on here to post about this e-mail scam to make others aware to be careful when I saw your post.

So....try to find a different number for them...there has to be something. Or contact DRI again and explain the issue. I know how valuable that POA is....my mom's attorney prepared a few of them, as it seemed everyone wanted one....hospital, doctor, banks, etc. Have you contacted your attorney to see if there is another original in his file? I'm sorry you are going such trying times. Been there, done that, it is very draining. Best wishes.