• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer availability of Timber lodge and Newport coast villa

Oscar923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I own Shadow Ridge and am trying to exchange into Timber lodge (MML) or Newport Coast Villa (NCV) for the summer of 2018 (late June to mid August) through II. Using my Shadow Ridge 2-bedroom to trade, so far I can only see a 1-bedroom unit available at MML for the last week of June 2018 (which is really not bad)...and nothing for NCV. Could you guys shed some light on the availability of summer 2-bedroom units at MML and NCV? From reading the forum, I gather that both resorts are very popular. Just want to set realistic expectations for myself if 1-bedroom at MML is as good as it gets.

I am more familiar with RCI (also own HGVC), but have never traded using II.

Thanks in advance for all you input.

Oscar

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Have you placed an ongoing search (OGS) request or are you just looking at open inventory online? I think its always best to place an OGS. so II's inventory matching machine can work for you.

Of the 2, I think NCV might be the more challenging.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think the 1 BR MML is probably going to be as good as it gets but I think that you might get that in July or early August too. I don't think the 2 br at either is impossible just very unlikely and to have a shot you need an OGS started 12-15 months in advance.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
Ideally you place an OGS search at least 12-13 months out. We placed one last year (at least) 12 months for NCV check-in labor day Weekend (2017). It was filled in a few weeks. While that entire week is not the highest TDI, the holiday weekend is extremely popular at Newport.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I own Shadow Ridge and am trying to exchange into Timber lodge (MML) or Newport Coast Villa (NCV) for the summer of 2018 (late June to mid August) through II. Using my Shadow Ridge 2-bedroom to trade, so far I can only see a 1-bedroom unit available at MML for the last week of June 2018 (which is really not bad)...and nothing for NCV. Could you guys shed some light on the availability of summer 2-bedroom units at MML and NCV? From reading the forum, I gather that both resorts are very popular. Just want to set realistic expectations for myself if 1-bedroom at MML is as good as it gets.

Oscar
As a Newport Coast owner, I'd say don't count on getting a summer trade. Owners have difficulty booking a summer week, due to the poor planning of Platinum period. That being said, I did deposit my mid-June week with II this year. Not likely something I will do again.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Oscar

Haven't requested NCV but my request for a 2BR MML has been for 10+ months using 2BR Thanksgiving week Ocean Pointe and nothing! Granted this is for a specific week only so maybe you'll have better luck with a OGS of wider range. I was only able to get a 1BR using a non-Marriott week.

I must say, though, that using destinations points, there are lots of availability for the summer. At 12 months out last year I booked a 3BR + 2BR for check in next week.

Oscar923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't requested NCV but my request for a 2BR MML has been for 10+ months using 2BR Thanksgiving week Ocean Pointe and nothing! Granted this is for a specific week only so maybe you'll have better luck with a OGS of wider range. I was only able to get a 1BR using a non-Marriott week.

I must say, though, that using destinations points, there are lots of availability for the summer. At 12 months out last year I booked a 3BR + 2BR for check in next week.

Thanks everyone for the great info.
I have also been pondering about getting some DC points for a while now. My Shadow Ridge week is great, and I fully intend to keep my week, but having DC points for flexibility does sound very enticing. Especially if availability of Timber lodge greatly improves with DC points. Of course, I will then have to evaluate buying DC points against buying a Timber lodge summer week.