• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVV resale purchase question(s)

mrpaulytx

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA wk24, HRA wk28, SVV wk26
Hi group!

I signed a contract for SVV Bella high season non-LO 81K points. It will take a few months to process. I'm more interested using SO at other resorts and not use SVV much at all.

Part of the agreement was to use week in 2017. The reservation was booked for Christmas since it's late 2017. I don't plan to use this week in 2017 or resort much, what are my options? Once the contract goes thru a) can I use SO and change to a different resort for 2017 or b) trade on II?

For 2018, can I simply exchange my SO week to use at another resort? I understanding banking options for future years.

While it's high float, the deeded week is week 26. Does the week 26 auto reserve every year? I'm guessing at 12 months I can reserve float week.

Thanks for your support and guidance. You guys help me gain enough knowledge to purchase 3 time shares in 3 years.

Paul

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. Yes on rebooking another resort using SOs. If you want to deposit into II, you will first cancel the Christmas reservation before depositing. Unless you own a true fixed week, which you don't, Vistana does its own blended week deposit into II for you.

2. 2018, it will be called a SO booking as opposed to "exchanging" for another resort. To book at a different place or shorter/longer days, you will do it at 8 months before your desired stay.

3. Since it is not a fixed week, week 26 is just put onto the deed but has no real value or meaning to the owner. It will not be booked for you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't plan to use this week in 2017 or resort much, what are my options? Once the contract goes thru a) can I use SO and change to a different resort for 2017 or b) trade on II?

[Yes - You can use the 2017 SO's for any available reservation at any resort, in 2017.

You can also use them for a reservation in 2018, 8 months before check-in, if you roll the Staroptions over to 2018, but since the deadline to roll them over is the end of June, you probably won't be able to do this in 2017.]

If you don't make a reservation, or deposit it, the week will expire and you will lose it.

For 2018, can I simply exchange my SO week to use at another resort? I understanding banking options for future years.

Yes - starting 8 mos. before check-in.

While it's high float, the deeded week is week 26. Does the week 26 auto reserve every year? I'm guessing at 12 months I can reserve float week.

It's not reserved automatically if it is a floating week - you have to make a reservation. You can make home resort reservations 12 months out, and Staroptions reservations 8 months out.

Week 26 is just for recording purposes.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't plan to use this week in 2017 or resort much, what are my options? Once the contract goes thru a) can I use SO and change to a different resort for 2017

You can reserve anything available for the next 8 months - not just 2017, as long as you make the reservation before the end of 2017.

I thought to book a stay with SOs for the following year, wouldn't the SOs need to be deposited for future use in the following 2 years? Since it is past June, depositing is no longer an option, which means the SOs need to be used for stay(s) in 2017.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - I didn't state that very clearly - will edit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi group!

I signed a contract for SVV Bella high season non-LO 81K points. It will take a few months to process. I'm more interested using SO at other resorts and not use SVV much at all.

Part of the agreement was to use week in 2017. The reservation was booked for Christmas since it's late 2017. I don't plan to use this week in 2017 or resort much, what are my options? Once the contract goes thru a) can I use SO and change to a different resort for 2017 or b) trade on II?

Thanks for your support and guidance. You guys help me gain enough knowledge to purchase 3 time shares in 3 years.

Paul
To clarify, you are actually are purchasing a Prime season WVV Bella. Prime season is the equivalent of Platinum on the StarOption chart. High season is Gold Plus. In the SVV governing documents, Bella has High and Prime seasons. The non lock off High season 2BR only gets 67,100 SOs. The Prime season 2BR non lock off gets 81,000 SOs. The 2BR-LO High season also gets 81,000 StarOptions, but it has a much higher MF than the 2BR non lock off Prime also at 81,000.

Given that the banking deadline is only a few days away, your only real option will be to either use your week or deposit it in to II once they get that account setup. I have found it can take a month or more after they the week in your name. Don't ask the seller to bank the SOs, because the then won't transfer to you. They would stay in their account, and if they have no other weeks, Vistana will just take the usage.