• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

Lmcarr49

TUG Member
Reaction score
People on Facebook are now saying they can't find their points or the tab is gone.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I know there was a tab to see my remaining points, but know I can't find it. Did it disappear or am I just missing it?

You can see my posts in this thread (#180 and #203) and Sandi Bo's post #211 - I can't see my points status either. I managed to get connected to someone in the backend IT who said it should be there, but he could not find it either. He transferred me to another colleague who was more familiar than he was with the customer-facing info, but I gave up after being on hold for 90 minutes.

I'm more concerned about the other person I don't know being listed as an owner on my account.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At least now they have a disclaimer up on the main page
"! New Features Status
Please keep in the mind some of the new features and functionality may be temporarily unavailable over the next few days as we continue to upgrade your online experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have to wait until the end date of your reservation to be within the VIP discount window for your discount to be applied to the whole reservation, otherwise it appears they just apply the discount to the first day of your stay and the remainder are shown at full points. Anyone else noticed this change?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Note I am an IT Business Analyst (I am available for hire by the way), so this is my job.

He is my first cut at a summary of issues.

Major show stopping problems (and comments on possible redesign solutions for #5):
1) Can't log in
2) Account Unavailable at this time
3) Incorrect owners on your account
4) Points Page missing, no access to point balances
5) Unusable search, especially if you are doing a flexible type search for last minute inventory, that is NOT date driven but is availability driven. (So many problems here I could rant for days. But in additional to only being able to see 1 RESORT, 1 UNIT TYPE, 1 MONTH detailed availability, if you go to switch the unit type it changes the calendar BACK to today, so if you were looking in July you have to keep forwarding the calendar over and over each time you change the unit type. So no Wyndham is just adding insult to injury on the search capabilities. Could treat this as modify vs New Search and selecting new search will clear the calendar month you are currently viewing.)
6) Overwhelmed and Unresponsive VC and IT communities within Wyndham. How do you even get a ticket it to resolve a problem if the hold time is 2 hrs and they tell you to call back in a few days.

Minor annoyances
1) My reservations are displaying in Reverse Chronological order, my farthest out reservation is first on the list, my upcoming reservation is last on the list. And this is the DEFAULT view. I can switch it, but come on.
2) Have an existing search and you select modify to change the date range. The location field is populated with your last search request, except that the system does not recognize it and you must re-enter this information again, even though the system is filling in that field, in order to get the search box to be activated (Search box changes from Greyed out to Blue) Why pre-fill fields with invalid data.
3) When scrolling through detailed calendar driven availabiltiy (what is now the equivalent of the green box view), you can only go forward or back 1 month at a time, (and its slow), can you not allow a jump to a given month, by having a month drop down that is active.

..... any additions to this summary, please add to the summary list.

My commentary....

Biggest and Longest Pain we will suffer
So once access and other major issues are resolved (points and people), #5 above is going to be MY vote for the WORST of these, as this is not going to change unless there is a design and coding change.

Short Term Fix
My short term resolution is for Wyndham to temporarily put up the search function of the old system as a look up inventory only, but disable the booking function and make it 'display only" current inventory as pulled from whatever database the new system is pointing at. I could at least live with that short term, while not ideal, but at least it is functional, until they get this shit show of a search USEFUL. Look up available inventory in the old search and then enter the date in and date out you know have inventory in the search in the new system. Workable for me short term, but you have to do something. It does not work to search when NO dates are provided.

User Stories for Search types (opportunistic vs focused, NOTE my terminology not Wyndham's)
Whoever designed this system clearly has never considered doing a search for anything other than "I want to go to Orlando on November 7 to 14, show me All the available inventory for the date range I want." OK, the new search they unveiled does that just fine. However, that is not me, I want the search that is "I want to go to FL for a few days in the next 60 days, what inventory is available PERIOD. I want to see what my VIP Benefits I can take advantage of during the Discount Period". This is the exact thing that Discounts and Upgrades were intended to be used for, However they built a system that does not allow you do to that. I do that kind of search 80% of the time, yet the search function as build is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE for that kind of search. I am not concerned with Cancel and Rebook here, I am trying to use VIP Benefits are originally intended. (Do you hear me Wyndham).

Last edited:

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something has changed with availability. GC now shows on three bedrooms available the entire month of January, and you know there has to be availability on some of those weekdays. What a mess!

I can't wait for a pushy parking pass person to ask me to attend a meeting....they aren't going to want me there!

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Note I am an IT Business Analyst (I am available for hire by the way), so this is my job.

User Stories for Search types (opportunistic vs focused, NOTE my terminology not Wyndham's)
Whoever designed this system clearly has never considered doing a search for anything other than "I want to go to Orlando on November 7 to 14, show me All the available inventory for the date range I want." OK, the new search they unveiled does that just fine. However, that is not me, I want the search that is "I want to go to FL for a few days in the next 60 days, what inventory is available PERIOD. I want to see what my VIP Benefits I can take advantage of during the Discount Period". This is the exact thing that Discounts and Upgrades were intended to be used for, However they built a system that does not allow you do to that. I do that kind of search 80% of the time, yet the search function as build is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE for that kind of search. I am not concerned with Cancel and Rebook here, I am trying to use VIP Benefits are originally intended. (Do you hear me Wyndham).

EXCELLENT POST AND SUMMARY!!!!

The part that I quoted above is my biggest frustration!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like you have to wait until the end date of your reservation to be within the VIP discount window for your discount to be applied to the whole reservation, otherwise it appears they just apply the discount to the first day of your stay and the remainder are shown at full points. Anyone else noticed this change?

Since they went to a every date is a separate inventory bucket when they removed the split reservation concept, then systematically this would make sense. If that is the case they need to change their wording on Discount Period from Check in Date to now Check Out Date.

(Updated: Oh never mind they did, there is that big warning when you log in that states...VIP Discounts
The VIP discount function is under construction. To book a new reservation using your VIP discount, you must select a location, AND check-in and check-out dates that fall within the VIP discount window (60 days prior to check-in).

Don't really like it, but I get why it happened. i hate split reservations anyway. So what can you do.

(updated: it does say in the note above that this is under construction, so maybe they are planning a coding change that would all a discount for all days if the checkin is 60 days away. cross your fingers and hope for it)

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think the plan was to make it easier or more efficient. That never seems to be an agenda for any timeshare developer. Hopefully, they'll get enough complaints and push back from owners that it becomes less of a hassle to try to make the new website search more user friendly than to keep taking those phone calls.

The one thing I'd love to find out is exactly how many "points" will Wyndham be able to recover as "forfeiture" from members who are unaware of the new rules. And..... If those points will even out the lost points from the stripped contracts they took back from certain individuals and the lost points from the past system glitches.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I don't have a points history off the main tab, nor does that link to points history appear on any of my confirmation pages. Basically, I can't find any way to do one of the simplest things and see how many points I have.

Also, I still have a mystery "Alicia A******n" appearing as a co-owner on all of the drop downs, and my wife's name is nowhere to be found.

We had a guy named Leroy on our account for years. Finally got him removed. Should have left him there -- he wasn't bothering anything!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had a guy named Leroy on our account for years. Finally got him removed. Should have left him there -- he wasn't bothering anything!

Hey you could have used him to hold another reservation at the same time to avoid overlapping issues.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Major show stopping problems (and comments on possible redesign solutions for #5):
1) Can't log in
2) Account Unavailable at this time
3) Incorrect owners on your account
4) Points Page missing, no access to point balances
5) Unusable search, especially if you are doing a flexible type search for last minute inventory, that is NOT date driven but is availability driven. (So many problems here I could rant for days. But in additional to only being able to see 1 RESORT, 1 UNIT TYPE, 1 MONTH detailed availability, if you go to switch the unit type it changes the calendar BACK to today, so if you were looking in July you have to keep forwarding the calendar over and over each time you change the unit type. So no Wyndham is just adding insult to injury on the search capabilities. Could treat this as modify vs New Search and selecting new search will clear the calendar month you are currently viewing.)
6) Overwhelmed and Unresponsive VC and IT communities within Wyndham. How do you even get a ticket it to resolve a problem if the hold time is 2 hrs and they tell you to call back in a few days.

Minor annoyances
1) My reservations are displaying in Reverse Chronological order, my farthest out reservation is first on the list, my upcoming reservation is last on the list. And this is the DEFAULT view. I can switch it, but come on.
2) Have an existing search and you select modify to change the date range. The location field is populated with your last search request, except that the system does not recognize it and you must re-enter this information again, even though the system is filling in that field, in order to get the search box to be activated (Search box changes from Greyed out to Blue) Why pre-fill fields with invalid data.
3) When scrolling through detailed calendar driven availabiltiy (what is now the equivalent of the green box view), you can only go forward or back 1 month at a time, (and its slow), can you not allow a jump to a given month, by having a month drop down that is active.

..... any additions to this summary, please add to the summary list.

My commentary....

So once access and other major issues are resolved (points and people), #5 above is going to be MY vote for the WORST of these, as this is not going to change unless there is a design and coding change.

Short Term Fix
My short term resolution is for Wyndham to temporarily put up the search function of the old system as a look up inventory only, but disable to booking function and make it display current inventory as pulled from whatever database the new system is pointing at. I could at least live with that short term, while not ideal but at least functional, until they get this shit show of a search USEFUL. Look up available inventory in the old search and then enter the date in and date out you know have inventory in the search in the new system.

Try printing all your reservations. If I print in portrait mode, it chops off the Check-in Name, even though the right half of the paper is blank. Since the right side of the page is blank, I can only print about five reservations per page. If I change it to landscape mode, Check-in Name prints but now I only get three reservations per page. Shouldn't have to take twenty pages to print a list of reservations.

WHEN DOES THE 48 HOURS START??

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I wonder when the countdown starts for the "48 hours after the new system launches" before they start cancelling overlapping reservations. I don't have any, but I would guess that some people do.

(chapjim - same thoughts. :) I got distracted after I started my post... and didn't refresh to see most recent comments before posting.)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been on the phone for two hours now, and my net accomplishment has been to add one guest confirmation.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try printing all your reservations. If I print in portrait mode, it chops off the Check-in Name, even though the right half of the paper is blank. Since the right side of the page is blank, I can only print about five reservations per page. If I change it to landscape mode, Check-in Name prints but now I only get three reservations per page. Shouldn't have to take twenty pages to print a list of reservations.

Go to the reservations page, click select all, open a word processor, paste into the word processor, then delete extra spaces, leave a blank line between reservations. Each reservation should fit on one line when done. I would not think about how competent Wyndham is when doing this. It would just raise your blood pressure.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are "resale" only. I wonder if any "VIP" accounts are "not available", or just "resale" accounts? Or maybe accounts are available in order of registration?
We are VIP Platinum on auto pay. I was able to log in Saturday. Last night and today get the NOT AVAILABLE message.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Well, the website was up on Saturday, until it wasn't. And then it was up on Sunday, and then it wasn't. Now it seems like it's up for good, but not working correctly for us (and a lot of owners still can't log in). Knowing Wyndham, they'll probably say it started this morning.

I'd say give them a call, but...

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score

Again, this is part of the ENHANCED VACATION EXPERIENCE. To drive everyone crazy. I was told the 48hours does not start until they can get everyone logged in. Lucky you while I sit and read of all the bookings I cant make....

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
At least now they have a disclaimer up on the main page
"! New Features Status
Please keep in the mind some of the new features and functionality may be temporarily unavailable over the next few days as we continue to upgrade your online experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Also, some of the old features and functionality.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess the "development team" will now get their programming contracts extended ... plus way bigger bonuses for working weekends & holidays thru the summer and Christmas holidays .... to fix the great job they have done so far.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again, this is part of the ENHANCED VACATION EXPERIENCE. To drive everyone crazy. I was told the 48hours does not start until they can get everyone logged in. Lucky you while I sit and read of all the bookings I cant make....

Not sure this is true. I'm told some of my reservations have already been cancelled even though I don't even have access.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
SANDY - Great total analysis -especially # 5 SEARCHES .

My commentary....

Short Term Fix
My short term resolution is for Wyndham to temporarily put up the search function of the old system as a look up inventory only, but disable the booking function and make it 'display only" current inventory as pulled from whatever database the new system is pointing at. I could at least live with that short term, while not ideal, but at least it is functional, until they get this shit show of a search USEFUL. Look up available inventory in the old search and then enter the date in and date out you know have inventory in the search in the new system. Workable for me short term, but you have to do something. It does not work to search when NO dates are provided.

SEARCHES

The Wyndham owned RCI website TUG thread has similar complaints .
Someone commented - it operates a lot like a hotel booking site - ie -"I need a room in Boston from Sept 1-3 , 20xx for a conference / show me hotels that are available

Sandy - your "example " search is how many TS owners in all systems & on RCI search . ( ie - what is in Florida in the next 60 days / & is it interesting enough to book )

Wyndham - If a timeshare suite sits empty in the forest , and a tree falls on it , Did anyone see or hear it ?

Listen to YOUR customers - WE drive your " car "
and your map is crap - and no GPS .

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The call in line is NOW announcing they are CLOSING EARLY on this coming FRIDAY at 6PM for an extended HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

They had their holiday for the last few years .... it should be all hands on deck to answer their phone lines and correct OUR Member Account info for the next 6+ months!