• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

timeshare lawyer services dot net

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this firm advertise on cnn.com. It seems to me like they make a pretty big claim:

If your Timeshare is NOT Canceled - There's NO COST to You.

So, it seems they ask for money in advance, then if the timeshare is not "cancelled" they return the money.

Sounds like a scam, for example, they could take the money in advance, do not work or unsatisfactory work, and then disappear.

But I can also see it from the attorney's perspective (if in fact, they are a licensed attorney), for example, they would risk not getting paid if they did not ask for money in advance.

Any comments related to this firm or similar firms?

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
I saw this firm advertise on cnn.com. It seems to me like they make a pretty big claim:

So, it seems they ask for money in advance, then if the timeshare is not "cancelled" they return the money.

Sounds like a scam, for example, they could take the money in advance, do not work or unsatisfactory work, and then disappear.

But I can also see it from the attorney's perspective (if in fact, they are a licensed attorney), for example, they would risk not getting paid if they did not ask for money in advance.

It's just a some what new spin on old terminology. Still walks like a duck.......quacks like a duck...........so it has SCAM all over it ;)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Scam. They use the same magic wand that all other viking-ships & PCC's do.
Sure, there's "no cost" to you - they'll refund your $$ - less their costs. [What you paid.]

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They certainly don't have to bother to "disappear" at any point. After all, even if they do absolutely nothing after collecting upfront money, foreclosure will inevitably occur at some point anyhow. The "client" is then indeed "out", so the exit "guarantee" is fulfilled. We're done here; thanks for the donation! Foreclosure would have happened without having paid a penny to some bogus "dot net relief / escape / rescue / exit" entity which may or may not even have any affiliation whatsoever with any licensed attorneys in the first place.

I never cease to be amazed that people are somehow willing to believe that anyone (including the most capable and energetic attorney) has any "magic beans" or "secret processes" to somehow make a legally binding contractual obligation just "disappear". T'ain't so. Btw, there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny either.

Same old scam song, played in a different key.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
extremely common pitch these days to mention there is "no cost" or "no upfront fees"...only to be asked to pay an upfront fee later on down the road.

if there is truly no cost, then there is very little risk on your part for being scammed...but id certainly be wary and waiting for the other shoe to drop!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, why are you asking about this firm? Are you or someone you know looking to get rid of a timeshare?

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why are you asking about this firm? Are you or someone you know looking to get rid of a timeshare?
I have several timeshares, and I'm quite happy with all of them.
I saw this one-person law firm advertise in CNN, and I did a quick search here and didn't see any information related to them, so I decided to ask the question.
I also wanted to know if anyone here had used an attorney in the same fashion that this attorney claims.

I mean, in my experience letters from attorneys are reviewed more carefully than letters from private individuals, but of course that doesnt mean that the fee charged by the attorney is worth the extra scrutiny that the attorney's letter might receive.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one huge difference is the lack of differentiation between getting someone out of their ownership....and getting someone out of the LOAN they took out to pay for said ownership.

3rd party lenders could give two flying flips about letters from attorneys...and have plenty of their own on retainer to enforce loan agreements.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I mean, in my experience letters from attorneys are reviewed more carefully than letters from private individuals...

Letters from attorneys are more likely to be referred to a law firm on retainer by the resort. The law firm will likely assign a junior associate to write back, telling the other lawyer that he's out to lunch and threatening court costs and attorneys fees for a bogus claim. Unless that is, all you're asking for is a deed-back in lieu of foreclosure -- for which you don't need a lawyer.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless that is, all you're asking for is a deed-back in lieu of foreclosure -- for which you don't need a lawyer.

Bingo! Which is why when people come on these boards asking "Should I use So-and-So Law firm to cancel my timeshare?", most here try telling them that these attorneys will simply do something the owners can do themselves for a lot less money.

HolidayLover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KCP
Just looked at their website, don't think they can afford to advertise on CNN.

I think MAYBE they bought remnant inventory, that happened to air during CNN.

But no way do these guys have a direct affiliation with CNN. If so, they really have sold their soul because ratings are down! o_O

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked at their website, don't think they can afford to advertise on CNN.

I think MAYBE they bought remnant inventory, that happened to air during CNN.

But no way do these guys have a direct affiliation with CNN. If so, they really have sold their soul because ratings are down! o_O

I said this guy's website was advertised on cnn.com, in other words, not on the TV, but on cnn.com's web page.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
cnn's homepage is full of google ads, which means anyone who bids high enough can have their ad be displayed in the rotation.